TEAM SHELBY FORUM

Painting on rocker stripes

My SGT was recently heavily damaged in a hail storm. I'm having the whole car, including the stripes painted, but I'm not sure how to get a template for the side stripes. The body/paint shop needs some sort of template for the writting on the side stripes (Shelby GT) so they can replicate the stripes as close as possible to stock. For those who have painted their cars, what have ya'll done? Any recommendations on who can make a template or is there somewhere that sells something I could use? Any other ideas? Thanks

My SGT was recently heavily damaged in a hail storm. I'm having the whole car, including the stripes painted, but I'm not sure how to get a template for the side stripes. The body/paint shop needs some sort of template for the writting on the side stripes (Shelby GT) so they can replicate the stripes as close as possible to stock. For those who have painted their cars, what have ya'll done? Any recommendations on who can make a template or is there somewhere that sells something I could use? Any other ideas? Thanks

Read this thread...

Jer

http://www.teamshelby.com/forums/index.php?/topic/43354-rocker-panel-stripes/page__p__713421__hl__%2Bmyriad+%2Bitalic__fromsearch__1#entry713421

• 2 weeks later...

this is why i love this forum great info all the time

Yup!

Jer

Thanks for all the help guys! I ended up just taking it to a sign shop and getting a template made. I was trying to find a cheaper way out and I thought the template 0128 had would work but the paint shop was afraid that it wouldn't come out 100% accurate. Its at the body shop now, so I can't wait to get my baby back.

1321849643[/url]' post='1224471']

Thanks for all the help guys! I ended up just taking it to a sign shop and getting a template made. I was trying to find a cheaper way out and I thought the template 0128 had would work but the paint shop was afraid that it wouldn't come out 100% accurate. Its at the body shop now, so I can't wait to get my baby back.

Congrats, best of luck... Post pix!

Jer

Archived