TEAM SHELBY FORUM

Weight finally disclosed for GT500 Competitor

TopCat501

No contest. 10+ is far superior to 05-09 Mustangs mod for mod. 11+ if we include engines in the equation.

What makes you say this, the GT suspension is different? I am looking for specifics, not saying your wrong, but what makes tgem so much better?

Ha Ha Remember he is comparing a SGT NOT a stock Mustang!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! I remember weighing the SGT during production average was around 3640 if i remember right , and after the SGT upfit it was even lighter. We removed heavy stock exhaust componets and heavy junk stock suspension componets The SGT isnt stock it has fords best suspension and engine power adders.. Add a whipple and it is truly a BEAST 500+hp at the wheels is just that..Its faster and handles better than a stock 2010 mustang gt. and handles better than the 2011+ stock gt's.

the 2010 is still riding on a STOCK suspension therefore its doubtful that it is better than the 07-08 SGT..And the gt500 is also riding on stock suspension and we all know how well those don't handle stock... sure a 2010 is a newer suspension but NOT better!!! The new GT500 is a BEAST it handles well and has come a long way and is better at most everything than the SGT's

most of its all about the driver Vinny and Gary lead most Groups during the bash with a lower HP car. one year with a terlingua and the faster ones with a SGT variant (whipplecharged),and No one could get close to pass or hang for that matter( yes the full caged full on race car was faster) but not by much

Im not too biased on this both have their merits but its not apples to apples in this thread.

Ha Ha Remember he is comparing a SGT NOT a stock Mustang!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! I remember weighing the SGT during production average was around 3640 if i remember right , and after the SGT upfit it was even lighter. We removed heavy stock exhaust componets and heavy junk stock suspension componets The SGT isnt stock it has fords best suspension and engine power adders.. Add a whipple and it is truly a BEAST 500+hp at the wheels is just that..Its faster and handles better than a stock 2010 mustang gt. and handles better than the 2011+ stock gt's.

the 2010 is still riding on a STOCK suspension therefore its doubtful that it is better than the 07-08 SGT..And the gt500 is also riding on stock suspension and we all know how well those don't handle stock... sure a 2010 is a newer suspension but NOT better!!! The new GT500 is a BEAST it handles well and has come a long way and is better at most everything than the SGT's

most of its all about the driver Vinny and Gary lead most Groups during the bash with a lower HP car. one year with a terlingua and the faster ones with a SGT variant (whipplecharged),and No one could get close to pass or hang for that matter( yes the full caged full on race car was faster) but not by much

Im not too biased on this both have their merits but its not apples to apples in this thread.

My experience at the bash was that the only car that passed me or was even riding my tail was Gary Patterson in the GT/SC prototype...and I was not driving to what the car can really perform at. Gary can drive, period and he is also a really cool guy too and on that track I'd bet he'd beat me if he was driving a Honda civic...:hysterical: He blew by me demonstrating the proper line and skills...pretty awesome to try to catch him, I could not.

There is something pretty special about the SGT's. I have read and have had people tell me that the new body style handles way better than the 07-09's but as of yet I have not driven one.

Like I said I probably could not tell the difference with my driving skills.

What got my attention was Chad's experience with that Camaro at Brainard. Chad while not the smoothest rocket pilot, can drive like a maniac....I guess we will see when more Camaros are out and about.

I encountered a new Camaro at the dragstrip here with a magnacharger and some pretty serious pro speed shop mods with slicks (and lambo doors), he beat me by a tenth once while I was on pure street tires, car was cool, but not that cool...:hysterical: Nice car though we ran several times in good fun.

My questions about the revised suspension in the 09 and up cars I want to research more. It is an interesting thing to ponder to me. I guess one day I will have to just drive one with a sympathetic salesguy. :hysterical:

My experience at the bash was that the only car that passed me or was even riding my tail was Gary Patterson in the GT/SC prototype...and I was not driving to what the car can really perform at. Gary can drive, period and he is also a really cool guy too and on that track I'd bet he'd beat me if he was driving a Honda civic...:hysterical: He blew by me demonstrating the proper line and skills...pretty awesome to try to catch him, I could not.

There is something pretty special about the SGT's. I have read and have had people tell me that the new body style handles way better than the 07-09's but as of yet I have not driven one.

I've seen that car (GT/SC Prototype) on the track many, many times...

post-8727-0-23041500-1319997972_thumb.jpg

post-8727-0-32270300-1319997976_thumb.jpg

Always "fun" to watch Gary drive, especially from the Driver's Perspective...

post-8727-0-23041500-1319997972_thumb.jpg

post-8727-0-32270300-1319997976_thumb.jpg

What got my attention was Chad's experience with that Camaro at Brainard. Chad while not the smoothest rocket pilot, can drive like a maniac....I guess we will see when more Camaros are out and about.

I encountered a new Camaro at the dragstrip here with a magnacharger and some pretty serious pro speed shop mods with slicks (and lambo doors), he beat me by a tenth once while I was on pure street tires, car was cool, but not that cool...:hysterical: Nice car though we ran several times in good fun.

My questions about the revised suspension in the 09 and up cars I want to research more. It is an interesting thing to ponder to me. I guess one day I will have to just drive one with a sympathetic salesguy. :hysterical:

At this years bash, I drove a friends GT500 SVT car. I did not get passed by anyone. Paul Brown was faster, Mike Falcon and Warrens GT350. Of course, we never did figuare out how to turn off the traction control totally. :hysterical: Those curbs mess with that stuff

. Of course, we never did figuare out how to turn off the traction control totally. :hysterical: Those curbs mess with that stuff

You have to hold down the brake while holding the TCS button for around 8 seconds. It will say "Advancetrac Off" which kills the whole system completely.

You have to hold down the brake while holding the TCS button for around 8 seconds. It will say "Advancetrac Off" which kills the whole system completely.

We did that and it still kicked in over the curbing. I spoke to a Ford rep about making it a bit simpler.

Archived