TEAM SHELBY FORUM

What would you do if a KR came out?

Alloy Dave

KR  

56 members have voted

1. 1. What would you do if a KR came out

• Would you (or could you afford) get a KR ALSO?
    • Would you sell your GT500 and get a KR instead?
    • Would you buy neither and wait on a BOSS or Mach I?
    • I like my GT500..I'll keep it and forego the KR.
    • Some other option?

Honestly, It was such a pain in the :censored: to get my car, that I have no desire to try and get a KR. Plus I got a MSRP deal (there is no way lightning will strike twice) and refuse to pay an ADM, which guarantees I'm counted out.

I'd try to find the parts that I wanted on it for sales and put them on the car I have now. I love the car I have now regardless of what else comes out or how many they do/don't make.

That being said if i had held out for the MSRP deal and didn't have my car yet. I would think the KR may bring in the ADM and wonder if it would pull up the ADM on this car or help drive it down. I may make an effort to get the KR if I didn't have this one yet but it would depend on the differences and cost really.

I voted for "some other option" like shipping car to SAI and having them put the same package on it.

All depends on what they'll charge... I like the KR hood, but the power is what I'm mainly interested in. I doubt SAI performance upfit will be even close to Evolution's stage 2 package.

I voted for "some other option" like shipping car to SAI and having them put the same package on it.

All depends on what they'll charge... I like the KR hood, but the power is what I'm mainly interested in. I doubt SAI performance upfit will be even close to Evolution's stage 2 package.

In a couple weeks....Your socks might just get blown off. Hold your cookies. :hyper:

I just drove my son to school in my GT500. Man I love the car. It's a keeper, and I feel very fortunate to own it. The KR is cool, but there will always be something new and cool comming out. I just like looking at the KR....but I love driving my Pig. :happy feet:

I dont see the big diff. all they are doing is adding a tune, CIA, gears, shifter, some sup. most of the stuff is made better by the aftermarket. Most of us will do all these mods any way and have more power and it will be cheeper

You will see the Big diff in the ADM's, HUGE!

If it's worth it I will buy a KR convertible second hand in a couple of years. I will keep the Grabber coupe. It is brutal to drive. Well until the clutch popped. Hope to drive after April 11.

Sorry, Hardtops only, no verts.

Would you (or could you afford) get a KR ALSO? YES I COULD, BUT NO I WON'T.

Would you sell your GT500 and get a KR instead? NO WAY.

Would you buy neither and wait on a BOSS or Mach I? NOPE.

I like my GT500..I'll keep it and forego the KR. YUP.

Some other option? OH YEA!!!!!!

EVERYONE REMAIN CALM!

The good thing for all of us GT500 owners will be the bolt on parts produced by ford for our cars. I love the look of the hood. Ill bet the KR will cost, with ADM, in the low 6 figure range.

YUP, after the ADRape it will be probably slightly cheaper than a Ford GT. If it gets that close, I'd start looking for a GT instead. Why not?

BTW It's now offical news for those who still may not be aware, the KR is limited to 1000 units, and will come in Hardtops only.

I think I will keep my gt500. I agree with the earlier post, it was just to much of a Bi**h to get this one and I would think the ADM's will be throught the roof. I know I am going to get flamed but I have some interest in the new Camaro. If GM does a Z28 and puts some horses under the hood, and if I can get one a window, I might by one. It would be cool having to decide which car drive.

To distinguish itself from the GT500, the KR edition should come with an aluminum 5.4 with forged internals and 600hp.

This is kinda lame overall - and just looks like an ad for Ford Racing Parts.

I might snap up the hood at some point, but buy that whole car with it's ADM? lol - not likely.

Kinda dissapointing, for the KR moniker that thing should be a monster above and beyond the monster that the current GT500 is today.

But I am glad it's coming out, it'll help bring the regular GT500's down to MSRP a little faster now that the dealers have something else to parade around with a ridiculous ADM attached.

:banana piano:

Year after year, things weill be changing and getting better.Thats life in the automobile industry.If i needed to "keep up with the joneses" id have to go get one but im not that kind of person. I like my car and am certainly not going to pay over $100k for a mustang..........It sickens me i had to pay $60k.Im pretty confident thats about what theyll be.Some might rival ford gt's price as mentioned.......Basically its a 40th package with a few little extras.This car WILL be worth some $$ in the future though.You can count on that!.I personally dont think you could pay too much for this car since only 1000 will be made.You aint seen nothing yet..........

Shelby GT500KR features an estimated 540-hp 5.4-liter supercharged V-8 with a Ford Racing Power Upgrade Pack, 3.73:1 rear axle ratio, short-throw shifter, and unique suspension tuning.

Exterior design draws inspiration from the classic Shelby KR Mustangs and features unique carbon composite hood, wheels, and special 40th Anniversary badging and unique striping.

Shelby GT500KR arrives in spring 2008 in an exclusive run of only 1000 units.

Would you (or could you afford) get a KR ALSO? YES I COULD, BUT NO I WON'T.

Would you sell your GT500 and get a KR instead? NO WAY.

Would you buy neither and wait on a BOSS or Mach I? NOPE.

I like my GT500..I'll keep it and forego the KR. YUP.

Some other option? OH YEA!!!!!!

EVERYONE REMAIN CALM!

Sonny of GT,

That other option is going to be mighty hard to pass up. :headspin:

I will buy the pieces I like from the KR and add them to my GT500.

What if you can't buy the individual pieces you want from the 40th Anniversary or the KR car?

SAI might not make those available so people can't make clones?

And yes Grabber, I'm on the GT500?? list too like you

Now everyone remain calm until then..... then freak out :hysterical2:

We already know the possibilities of increasing HP my guess any options added for more power will at least match or exceed the planned KR. The KR spec. do not seem to to max the engine. Having an 07 with 40th package and a car rated in the 550 to 600 range still on warrenty would be awesome. Even if more powerful cars come out they would not be a 40th year GT500. Anyway I already own the 500 so would not even consider a KR

To distinguish itself from the GT500, the KR edition should come with an aluminum 5.4 with forged internals and 600hp.

This is kinda lame overall - and just looks like an ad for Ford Racing Parts.

I might snap up the hood at some point, but buy that whole car with it's ADM? lol - not likely.

Kinda dissapointing, for the KR moniker that thing should be a monster above and beyond the monster that the current GT500 is today.

But I am glad it's coming out, it'll help bring the regular GT500's down to MSRP a little faster now that the dealers have something else to parade around with a ridiculous ADM attached.

:banana piano:

+1

....except I don't think that this will affect the GT500 ADM's too much. Those who can afford the certain to be lofty price of a KR won't give a crap about paying an ADM so they will already have a GT500 in their garage. Also, there are only 1,000 KR's being produced, which isn't enough to make much of an impact in the GT500 ADM's IMHO.

Well here it is - http://www.leftlanenews.com/ford-mustang-s...ra-gt500kr.html -

If I was abetting man I would say that the new 40th package will have most, if not all of the options listed.

Yes and no. Wouldn't you want more?

If a car built at a 9,000 units per year for a 2 (or 3 ???) year run still brings 15K ADM nearly a year after its launch, I'm afraid that ADM on the 1,000 units KR will be astronomical, and will put the car beyond the reach of at least some of us (including myself). Although the new hood indeed looks very cool, the 40HP gain and other mods compared with the regular GT500 do not warrant such a premium IMO, unless you consider it strictly from a car collector's standpoint. From that standpoint, the KR will probably be the better investment due to the very low production numbers.

Archived