TEAM SHELBY FORUM

Shelby Performance Shop in SE PA

Rev Dennis

Evolution is really the only choice.great geoup of guys. But on such simple mods anyone with s197 experience can do the work as you car is really just a fancy GT. Why dont you have some fun yourself and pick up a brembo take off setup and do the install yourself. Thats most of the fun in modding.

Evolution is really the only choice.great geoup of guys. But on such simple mods anyone with s197 experience can do the work as you car is really just a fancy GT. Why dont you have some fun yourself and pick up a brembo take off setup and do the install yourself. Thats most of the fun in modding.

"just a fancy GT",,,,, some people just don't get it. Might as well say a GT500 is just a V6 Mustang with a motor swap and bigger tires.

:glare:

Are you serious when you just called a SGT just a fancy GT?

I hope to meet you on a track someday to show you how impressive a SGT is. I have fun blowing by most cars on the track........its my version of hunting.

"I hope to meet you on a track someday"

Where do you go to track a vert? Trackmasters does not allow them. Just curious.

I agree that one must drive a Shelby GT to appreciate the confidence the suspension tweeks give the driver. But my GT500 is like a boat compared to it. As they say "It's a cruiser".

I have been to the Tulsa event for 3 years and the track there is Hallet which is a good track.........you get three days of track time in this event I have brought my car there all three years

I have been to the Vegas bash for 3 years and the track at the speedway is OK but not my favorite I have had to rent a 6 banger every bash but this year I will be bringing my beast to the Bash and I am extremely happy that they are having the track time at Spring Mountain. This bash is going to be extremely amazing since they changed the date and the location. The date was important to change so more people will be able to attend that want to bring there car and the track location doesn't get better. (3 days of track time with this event)

I went to the Texas Shelby GT350 in Grandbury Texas last year and the Texas Motorsports track was truely incredible with the elevation changes. I was able drive the SGT to this event.....not such a good idea if you are tracking the car since breakdowns are likely. (two track days for this event)

I have been to Brainerd Minnesota to BIR three times now and they do not have any rules about convertibles actually they would not allow me to even run in the slow class as they black flagged me off the track saying I was intimidating beginning drivers, the classes normal times got mixed up due to some problems people had with there cars on the track so I accidently went out on the biginners session and they did not like that.

I think that Shelbys rules about convertibles not running in class 1 started from the people who organze the Tulsa event.....I hope they change those rules for the 50th Annivesary bash.

Archived