TEAM SHELBY FORUM

I'm Selling my 2005 TES Mustang Coupe

David Hawkins

A few of you may know that I'm Selling my 2005 TES Mustang Coupe. (TES= Tribute Edition Shelby) Since the Classifieds are no longer working, I am posting it here. I need a late model Ranger Truck to Haul my Harley with. Here is probably more then you want to know about the Car.

TRIBUTE EDITION SHELBY G.T. 350

TERLINGUA EDITION

MUSTANG F/X had a contract from Carroll Shelby Licensing, Inc. (signed by Carroll Shelby) to produce special Tribute Edition Shelby Mustang's using 1994 to 2005 model Mustangs, the contract ended December 31, 2004. Tribute Edition Shelby's by MUSTANG F/X are Official Products of Carroll Shelby Licensing, Inc. When these special Mustangs became known, people began calling their Shelby Clones Tribute Cars. Tribute Edition Shelby's by MUSTANG F/X are NOT Clones, they are Carroll Shelby Authorized & Licensed Vehicles.

This is a Rare 2005 Tribute Edition Shelby G.T. 350 TERLINGUA Concept, built by MUSTANG F/X. The Terlingua Shelby's built by Shelby American sell for many Thousands of Dollars more. It is Red Fire Metallic and Satin Black Metallic Two Tone with Premium Dark Charcoal Cloth Interior. Being a G.T. 350, it has the V6 Engine (4.0). It has the 5 Speed Automatic Transmission, and it is Number #009 for the 2005 Models.

It has unique Graphics are Bright Yellow, a unique Rear Ducktail Spoiler, a Chrome Powder Coated 2 Point Bolt In FX Style Bar, an FX Ram Air Cooler Pipe & K&N Air Filter, PYPES Performance Muffler and Deep Dish Bullitt Style Wheels. This is a very unique Mustang, it comes with a Serialized Certificate signed by Carroll Shelby and the Dash is also signed by Carroll Shelby.

MUSTANG F/X built several different Tribute Edition Shelby Concepts to gain interest in the Tribute Edition Shelby Package and even though this Tribute Edition Shelby TERLINGUA concept is really cool and gained a lot of interest, it was decided not to offer this package because Painting would be involved. This is, and will be the ONLY Tribute Edition Shelby Certified as being a TERLINGUA Edition. The Wicked Shelby American Terlingua Hood Bunny was recently added because it looks cool and is Shelby Related. This is my personal Car and it is driven daily and has just over 94K Miles now (94200) which will change because it is my Daily Driver. I am asking a very low price for this special "One Of One" Tribute Edition Shelby Mustang, plus, only Elleven 2005 Models have been produced. The Wheels could use a polish and there is one small ding at the front edge of the drivers door.

I do have this Special Mustang Financed thru "Wells Fargo" and it will need to be paid off before I get the Title. Once I receive Payment, I will then Pay Off the Loan to get the Title. That will take about 2 maybe 3 Weeks BUT, I will release the Car when your Funds clear and give you a "Bill Of Sale" so you can Drive it Home or I will store the Car for you until I get the Title, the choice is yours that is how it worked when I sold the 40th Anniversary Edition on here in 2009. The Title will be Mailed or Delivered as soon as I get it. Buyer is responsible for Pick Up or Shipping. You can Fly in and Drive it Home or I will help you anyway I can with Shipping (except financially). I would have no problem Driving it Cross Country.

This is a fun driving Mustang and I am only selling it because I need a Truck for my Business. Be sure to check out what other V6 2005-2006 Mustangs are selling for and you will see that this is a SUPER GREAT Deal. This is the ideal Mustang for someone wanting to start Collecting Rare Mustangs or getting into Car Shows. This is NOT a Clone.

2005terlingua06.jpg

2005terlingua07.jpg

NEW TERLINGUA STRIPES 004.JPG

NEW TERLINGUA STRIPES 001.JPG

NEW TERLINGUA STRIPES 009.JPG

Nice buy for the right person. Rare car too.

Thanks.......I really really hate to let it go but I really need a Truck for my Business now. It is the ideal Car for a responsible Teenager that wants to get into Car Shows or someone who wants a cool cruiser.

• 3 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...

I stoped in at a local Dealership that has a Ranger Truck that I am interested in buying (not a Ford Dealership). While I was checking it out, a Salesman came out. He asked if I was going to Trade in the Mustang. I said NO because they would not give me anything for it because these Cars are not in KBB. After telling Him all about my Mustang, about MUSTANG F/X and the Shelby Contract, He actually sounded interested. He tells me that His Family builds custom Mustangs to, His last Name is Sherrod, as in Sherrod Conversion Vans, Trucks and recently, Mustangs. Then He says that the Owner of the Dealership owns a 2012 Shelby GT 500. Then He tells me to let Him run some Numbers and make some Calls and see if we can make a Deal to Trade my Stang. Three Guys are now working the Deal to see what they can do. 30 Minutes Later I was surprised that they have offered me a higer amount then 2 different Ford Dealers have. To keep from Tradeing it in, I will offer this Car to TS Members for just $10,000.00 Cash. I priced it at just $200.00 over what I was offered at the Dealership.

If your state calculates sales tax on the difference between the trade and purchase price, then unless your tax rage is 2% you're better off taking the trade in... Even at 6% (which would be low, I'm guessing) the sales tax on 9800 would be 588 so you'd need about 600 over to make up the difference.

If your state calculates sales tax on the difference between the trade and purchase price, then unless your tax rage is 2% you're better off taking the trade in... Even at 6% (which would be low, I'm guessing) the sales tax on 9800 would be 588 so you'd need about 600 over to make up the difference.

Yeah, I know that Trading it in would save on Sales Tax (7.5% here), I would just perfer to sell it to someone that knows what it is and will take care of it. Plus, it makes it easier for me to up date the Registry.

• 1 month later...
  • 4 weeks later...

I thought the problem may have been that I was asking to little for it so I raised the Price and it sold. $11K. and that was letting it go cheap but I found a nice 2010 Ranger that I didn't want to miss out on.

Archived