TEAM SHELBY FORUM

Everyone's favorite posts....fake Shelbys

cgguy09

There was a car show during the local fair in August. A guy brought a blue 2005 Mustang to it. Now, don't get me wrong, this thing sounded extremely powerful; the cam made the rocks on the road shake, and that may be a litteral statement. However, he had a carbon fiber mustang GT hoodscoop that was all metallic black. On the stripe under the door it said "Mach 1" and on the back where the "Shelby" is for 2007 - 2009 Shelbys, it said "Mach 1" as well as where Mustangs have "GT" emblems in front of the doors, once again, he had "Mach 1"

I came up and asked him, "Wow, did you build this Mach 1 tribute yourself?" He said "What do you mean; kid, this is a real Mach 1"

Just because im a "kid" he assumed I didn't know the Mach 1 was only brought back for 2003-2004. He claimed it was a rare car that not many were made. My uncle owns a 2004 Mach 1, so luckily I knew a good chunk about this car; but it didn't take much knowledge to ask one simple question:

"Wheres your shaker hoodscoop".

Ha! NICE.

Jer

There was a car show during the local fair in August. A guy brought a blue 2005 Mustang to it. Now, don't get me wrong, this thing sounded extremely powerful; the cam made the rocks on the road shake, and that may be a litteral statement. However, he had a carbon fiber mustang GT hoodscoop that was all metallic black. On the stripe under the door it said "Mach 1" and on the back where the "Shelby" is for 2007 - 2009 Shelbys, it said "Mach 1" as well as where Mustangs have "GT" emblems in front of the doors, once again, he had "Mach 1"

I came up and asked him, "Wow, did you build this Mach 1 tribute yourself?" He said "What do you mean; kid, this is a real Mach 1"

Just because im a "kid" he assumed I didn't know the Mach 1 was only brought back for 2003-2004. He claimed it was a rare car that not many were made. My uncle owns a 2004 Mach 1, so luckily I knew a good chunk about this car; but it didn't take much knowledge to ask one simple question:

"Wheres your shaker hoodscoop".

So what did he say? It was a rare car without that option?

Or, he did not like that shaker and changed out the hood?

CC

If your at a show and see a clone you should tell the guy that your is a clone. Then let him check out your car and see if he catchs on. :drool:

Ah, so we try a little reverse psychology and see what happens..

Interesting idea, but I'd rather slam them down for being clueless.

:finger:

CC

Went to a gun show the other day here. Up in front of me I saw a real nice looking black 2011 5.0 coupe with silver stripes... went past him in the parking lot and saw the matching GT500 rocker panel stripes... everything else on the outside was stock, including the 5.0 badges.

I always liked big block cars with super quiet exhaust and 6 cylinder badges though...going the other way is cool.

1320596740[/url]' post='1219278']

I always liked big block cars with super quiet exhaust and 6 cylinder badges though...going the other way is cool.

Ha... The sleeper... shift.gif

Jer

Archived