TEAM SHELBY FORUM

Everyone's favorite posts....fake Shelbys

cgguy09

Hey Gents,

Been a while since I last posted, but I got a hold of this baby about 4 weeks ago. I was on a bike ride and saw it in a gas station lot for sale. If you own a SGT you can spot a fake one a million miles away, everything from the exhaust, to the front fascia, to the hood to the...well you get the point. Anyway so I spotted this one instantly & I'll even admit it, I was excited, mostly because I haven't seen a clone with my own two eyes before. If anyone has seen Family Guy, its like when stewy makes a clone of himself and it comes out retarded, well that's pretty much this "shelby."

Enjoy!

OH & I did talk to the guy, I asked him if it was a Shelby GT & I was instantly rebuked and it was the SGT 350, " Only a few were made, Its all legit man" I just said "cool" took some pictures & went on my way.

post-26111-0-19557700-1319580097_thumb.jpg

OH & I did talk to the guy, I asked him if it was a Shelby GT & I was instantly rebuked and it was the SGT 350, " Only a few were made, Its all legit man" I just said "cool" took some pictures & went on my way.

Well of course you were instantly rebuked, even I can see it says GT350 on the side, not Shelby GT...:camera:

Hopefully others will be as smart as you, will know the difference and not get taken for the proverbial ride.

CC

I don't know what's funniest:

1. The stripes going around the license plate

2. The Pony badges on the side (was it a V6?)

3. The guy's comment

4. The fact that it's For Sale (see windshield)

5. My all-time favorite, red-painted stock calipers. Mmmmm... RIIIIIIIICEY...

Jer

I see these all the time! Like the GT500KRX that shows up and many of the Shelby events :finger:

NO ONE wants you to get me started on THAT mess...LOL!

"Clone" = fake

"Tribute" = fake

"Recreation" = fake.

Stuffing a sock in your pants = fake

Class dismissed.

Jer

Shit, the sock isn't fooling anyone?

No one in the first 10 rows at the concert, at LEAST.

The balcony might be buyin' it... LOL

Jer

Hey Gents,

Been a while since I last posted, but I got a hold of this baby about 4 weeks ago. I was on a bike ride and saw it in a gas station lot for sale. If you own a SGT you can spot a fake one a million miles away, everything from the exhaust, to the front fascia, to the hood to the...well you get the point. Anyway so I spotted this one instantly & I'll even admit it, I was excited, mostly because I haven't seen a clone with my own two eyes before. If anyone has seen Family Guy, its like when stewy makes a clone of himself and it comes out retarded, well that's pretty much this "shelby."

Enjoy!

Not quite what Carroll had in mind but check out the Shelby GT-H sign in the background of the first picture!!!!

I can beat that...

Here is a real ad for a Shelby GT $45,000

http://tucson.craigs...2618726557.html

Better yet a "Hertz" edition with a 5 speed and not even trying a fake fender badge.

http://tucson.craigs...2646524260.html

And had the balls to get the custom plate to read 05HERTZ. bottom one

And had the balls to get the custom plate to read 05HERTZ. bottom one

Not only the license plate but it sure looks like he has some sort of plaque on the dash.

I wonder what his answer would be to the question on why he would sell a $30k Shelby Hertz for just $9,800 OBO. Would he say its not really a Shelby even thought thats what he wrote in his ad?

Steve

You're supposed to put it down the FRONT of your pants! :hysterical:

Sam

hysterical.gif

Jer

Why is it nobody tries to fake a GT500? It has to be a SGT? :headscratch:

Ya mean like this one.....

post-25056-0-01877800-1319664494_thumb.jpg

But it has the GT500 stripe...... it has to be one!!! It even has the GT badge on the fender!!! Man you guys are tough......

I'm pretty sure the sock was in the trunk!

post-25056-0-01877800-1319664494_thumb.jpg

If that snake emblem were any bigger it would not have fit under the GT badge.

And for good measure he stuck one on the front grill too.

And as I said before the hood has to stay down otherwise...:rant2:

CC

I believe this one was one of the extremely rare ones with the turbo option...... It was a while ago I saw this one, but I'm pretty sure it had a "Turbocharged" badge on the rear panel!

I'll see it again I'm sure, he's from around here...... :doh:

If you see the owner, could you rap him up side o' the head and knock some sense into him?

Hello? anyone in there???:finger:

CC

I would just like to hear what some of these guys have to say when approached buy someone that can tell the difference? It has got to be embarrassing for them to get called out on a lie like that. Unless they were conned when they bought it thinking it was real, which could possibly be the case sometimes I guess. But the ones who regularly show their cars like that obviously know what they are doing. The hood down on the fake GT 500 is just comical. I bet its never up at shows.

There was a car show during the local fair in August. A guy brought a blue 2005 Mustang to it. Now, don't get me wrong, this thing sounded extremely powerful; the cam made the rocks on the road shake, and that may be a litteral statement. However, he had a carbon fiber mustang GT hoodscoop that was all metallic black. On the stripe under the door it said "Mach 1" and on the back where the "Shelby" is for 2007 - 2009 Shelbys, it said "Mach 1" as well as where Mustangs have "GT" emblems in front of the doors, once again, he had "Mach 1"

I came up and asked him, "Wow, did you build this Mach 1 tribute yourself?" He said "What do you mean; kid, this is a real Mach 1"

Just because im a "kid" he assumed I didn't know the Mach 1 was only brought back for 2003-2004. He claimed it was a rare car that not many were made. My uncle owns a 2004 Mach 1, so luckily I knew a good chunk about this car; but it didn't take much knowledge to ask one simple question:

"Wheres your shaker hoodscoop".

Archived