TEAM SHELBY FORUM

Wheel Repair Reccomendations?

Madlock

I just noticed a scuff on the inner back spacing of one of the SVTPP wheels a dealer pulled-off. While I'm surely being anal retentive, as it's almost impossible to see through the spokes, just knowing it's there is enough for me to want to fix it.

It looks like they clunked the rotor.

Can anybody recommend such a method or service in the NY/NJ/PA area?

http://www.awrswheelrepair.com/

The above is a franchise nationwide. They came to my house with their trailer and in less than an hour they repaired two of my stock 2011 Shelby GT-500 wheels which had curb rash. One was pretty bad and they were able to make it look like new again and painted to match. For $80 I was very pleased. I don't even remember which wheel it was as you can't tell any difference comparing them to the undamaged wheels. (LOL)

http://www.awrswheelrepair.com/

The above is a franchise nationwide. They came to my house with their trailer and in less than an hour they repaired two of my stock 2011 Shelby GT-500 wheels which had curb rash. One was pretty bad and they were able to make it look like new again and painted to match. For $80 I was very pleased. I don't even remember which wheel it was as you can't tell any difference comparing them to the undamaged wheels. (LOL)

Interesting. I had no idea there were mobile wheel refinishers out there.

Steve

Interesting. I had no idea there were mobile wheel refinishers out there.

Steve

I was surprised too. They didn't even have to take the tire off the rim. They could have if needed as they had the equipment in the trailer to do it. I checked the tire closely and there were no marks or damage on the sidewall either. Considering the price of a new 19" GT-500 wheel I thought they did a fantastic job. Attached are before and after photos.

Before Repair (1024x873).jpg

Repaired (1024x896).jpg

Before Repair (1024x873).jpg

Repaired (1024x896).jpg

I've already given them a call - hopefully the can do something for me. I might as well have them cure a spot of curb rash on my Taurus SHO while they're here.

I realize it's probably my OCD kicking-in, but here's the (minor) gouge I'm talking about. It's not even as bad as it looks - as there's virtually no depth to it. It's more of a surface mar. It didn't even impact upon the wheel's balance, but I just hate knowing it's there.

Wheel%20Ding.JPG?psid=1&ck=0&ex=720

I've already given them a call - hopefully the can do something for me. I might as well have them cure a spot of curb rash on my Taurus SHO while they're here.

I realize it's probably my OCD kicking-in, but here's the (minor) gouge I'm talking about. It's not even as bad as it looks - as there's virtually no depth to it. It's more of a surface mar. It didn't even impact upon the wheel's balance, but I just hate knowing it's there.

Post up your results and pics. I think it's a fantastic service and I know the guys who did mine did a superior job for $80.

I have a buddy with a 2010 Shelby GT-500 who was cleaning his up for a show and had removed the wheels to clean them. One of the wheels fell over on his concrete driveway and got a couple of minor scratches, way less than my curb rash. He immediately went to the dealership and orderd a new rim. I believe he paid a thousand dollars for the new wheel, plus they gave him a little trade in on the old wheel. What do you think they'll do with the old rim? (LOL). :doh:

Archived