TEAM SHELBY FORUM

Fender Stripes, Hash Marks...Whatever you wanna call 'em!

rhensley4534

I'm having some trouble deciding what color I want to put on my 07SGT4772. It's white with silver stripes(duh!).

Any ideas? Pictures of different colors you've done?

Any help is much appreciated!

I vote for Silver...

Jer

redrockcanyon.jpg

redrockcanyon.jpg

I vote for red. It really pops and you definitely will see your car in a crowd!

:salute:

P.S. They are called "Pit Stripes" Why? Because when the original 600 shelby's were made they were all white. Some had the LeMans stripes. Some did not. But they all looked the same when rounding the track. Pit stripes were added to help the pit crew identify the car.

Edited by jerseygator

I'm having some trouble deciding what color I want to put on my 07SGT4772. It's white with silver stripes(duh!).

Any ideas? Pictures of different colors you've done?

Any help is much appreciated!

rhensley4534,

I see this is your first post. Welcome to Team Shelby! I agree you can't go wrong with red or blue pit stripes on a white SGT. What's most important - is what you like...

PS: Keep an eye on your regional activities posted here: http://www.teamshelb...-pacific-coast/

Edited by SVT NAJA

Thanks a lot for the warm welcome! I have always dreamed of owning a Shelby and now that I do it's pretty damn cool that there is a place to go online to bounce ideas off of other Shelby owners.

Thanks for the ideas too. Now I just have to decide to do just one side or both. Decisions, decisions...

Here is a list of a couple of the other mods I have done to the car so far:

-Shelby Panhard Bar with Race Rod Ends

-Shelby Strut Tower Braces front and back

-MSD Ignition Coils

-Staggered 20x9/10 Gunmetal Shelby Razors with BFG G-Force T/A KDW

-Retro Race Mirrors

-Shelby Rear Upper & Lower Control Arms

-Shelby Anti-Wheel Hop Rear Control Arm Relocation Brackets

-Sequential Brake Lights

-Carroll Shelby Autographed Glove Box

-Shelby GT Underhood Dress Up Kit

-Stage 2 Kenne Bell Twin Screw Supercharged producing 486.2 HP and 454.93 ft. lbs. of torque

-FR500s Axle Back System is in the mail and on it's way

...and more to come!

Thanks a lot for the warm welcome! I have always dreamed of owning a Shelby and now that I do it's pretty damn cool that there is a place to go online to bounce ideas off of other Shelby owners.

Thanks for the ideas too. Now I just have to decide to do just one side or both. Decisions, decisions...

-MSD Ignition Coils

-Retro Race Mirrors

-Sequential Brake Lights

-Stage 2 Kenne Bell Twin Screw Supercharged producing 486.2 HP and 454.93 ft. lbs. of torque

...and more to come!

Sounds like a great car. For pit stripes, the left side is the "authentic" way to go.

Only the fans in the stands ever saw the right side!

Jer

Thanks Jer. Still got a lot of work I wanna do but in good time. I was thinking just the one side but we'll see when the time comes.

Bet you're loving the SC conversion! Your car looks pretty damn cool.

Thank you so VERY much... I appreciate the kind words. Yes, the supercharger has made my daily commute MUCH more fun - can't wait to hit the track!

These cars will ALWAYS be a "work in progress" for the owners, we bounce lotsa ideas off of each other. This forum's truly great, I've learned SO much.

Jer

This is very true. I just bought another little piece for my car just now, haha! Any ideas on where to get some pit stripes? I kinda like the Vista Blue idea.

http://www.teamshelby.com/forums/index.php?/topic/44210-mrfarmdogs-fender-stripe-install-thread

Haha. The pink is rad! Where'd you find 'em in pink?

Thanks. Any sign shop should be able to get them in any color they carry. A few years ago when I got mine I actually ordered them from www.decalshoppe.com they are out of AZ and carry a bunch of stripe package for mustangs and stuff. They are just 2" wide vinyl stripes with a 1" gap.

Silver on both sides for me!

gallery_13043_1123_27466.jpg

And in case you need to know: Two inches wide and one inch apart, installed on an angle-line that runs from the front of the hood scoop to directly over the center of the front wheels.

(JP - love the pink, great for "Save the Ta-Ta's"!)

Sam

Edited by 2007_Shelby_GT

yeah, they're pink...so what :P I just got the hood and soon she will have new painted Guardsman Blue stripes instead of the Silver vinyl.

They were RED... Just faded like your silver stripes from sitting out in the Dessert Sunshine for the past 4 years :rant2:

-MSD Ignition Coils

-Retro Race Mirrors

-Sequential Brake Lights

...and more to come!

Sounds nice!

Any better pics than the one in your avatar?It's not very clear and we like pics.

I'm working on getting better pics up. unfortunately I only have the camera on my phone for the time being. Ordered silver ones and blue ones from american muscle last night along with a shorter antenna. will post pictures before and after new mods soon!

Thanks again for all the ideas!

• 11 years later...

🤔I have a '08 BJ Shelby GT/SC ....  Was thinking of putting the Pitt Stripes on it. . . . .   Should I go with red to match the rest, and be done?  Or should I put yellow stripes with the Terlingua Racing Decal like I used to have on my Blue '08 SGT?     

08SGT2231 Small.jpeg

08SGT0758.jpg

Edited by TClark1976