TEAM SHELBY FORUM

Harleysville PA Show Sunday 10-9

Rev Dennis

was at the cruise night this evening, just found out about the show, but i highly doubt i will be able to make it...............wish i could go tho

Wish I could go too. I am still packing for my move back east from New Mexico. I used to live in Collegeville which is about 20 minutes

from there and I used to go often. Once I am in Maryland I'll try making some shows up in Pa (next year).

Wish I could go too. I am still packing for my move back east from New Mexico. I used to live in Collegeville which is about 20 minutes

from there and I used to go often. Once I am in Maryland I'll try making some shows up in Pa (next year).

Collegeville, puts on a decent show, they close down Main Street now, this year show was alright not alot of cars because it started to pour around noon.

I got to go to Harleysville, it was a last minute decision, it was too nice of a day to miss it. Didnt take a camera tho

The people that put it on said they had a record amount of cars. Im going to say there was maybe 300 cars there.

There was maybe 4/5 Shelby's, Dennis's Convertible, 08 Blue and White Coupe, Prestine 65 GT350 - which won "best undercarriage", 68 Red and White GT500, and I think a Green one

2 wannabe Shelbys - 66 GT350 clone, Cobra kit

Great weather and a lot of cars. At least 250, maybe 300 as posted above. I like seeing the old hot rods.

But I have a state of confusion when it comes to car show trophies. A helicopter pilot rescuing wounded personnel who gets shot down, wounded himself, and drags one more to the safe area does not get the kind of trophy or award given to the car show guy who is good at cleaning his car with q-tips.

WTF is up with that? 2 foot high trophies with eagles and everything for rags and q-tips?

Great weather and a lot of cars. At least 250, maybe 300 as posted above. I like seeing the old hot rods.

But I have a state of confusion when it comes to car show trophies. A helicopter pilot rescuing wounded personnel who gets shot down, wounded himself, and drags one more to the safe area does not get the kind of trophy or award given to the car show guy who is good at cleaning his car with q-tips.

WTF is up with that? 2 foot high trophies with eagles and everything for rags and q-tips?

Tell us how you really feel Rev! :hysterical2:

Im confused, are you talking about the Harleysville trophies? They were plaques, that just said Top 75, and there were 11 "special" plaques. They had automotive related images on those plaques

I didnt know this, but it was techinally a Charity car show. Benefits from the show went to the American Cancer Society

YES - The Harleysville group gave out plaques, just like John did the other week in Hatfield, PA. No problem with that. But most that I have been to have huge trophies and it just seems very silly.

I always leave before the end because I have usually had enough by then and don't want fight the traffic leaving.

YES - The Harleysville group gave out plaques, just like John did the other week in Hatfield, PA. No problem with that. But most that I have been to have huge trophies and it just seems very silly.

I always leave before the end because I have usually had enough by then and don't want fight the traffic leaving.

gotcha.....yea i agree with some of the huge trophies are kinda overboard. I think plaques are much nicer. The plaques that SAAC gave out at Hershey in April, was pretty sweet.

People need to get creative with Trophies, Rocktoberfest/Hatfield know how its done, with their Rock trophies, and I went to a car show near Philly last year, and their trophies were old Pistons (sorry for the bad quality, it was taken on my phone)

1010111929.jpg

Archived