TEAM SHELBY FORUM

GT500 Meeting Germany 2011

stefan8620

Hi all,

first saying thanks to Stefan for posting our event. Basically it should have been my turn as beeing the presenter of the gathering, but I was simply too busy. Please apologize...

What was it all about?

We wanted to arrange the largest gathering of Shelby GT500s wordlwide, but probably we failed. The last information I got was, that within the last years Shelbybash you had 73 cars of GT500 from 2007 and I'm sad we counted "only" 65 cars. But we will try it again next year, probably the same time in the mid of september. Basically we wanted to have a remark in the guinness book of records, but they didn't accept a GT500 as a own class of cars and assigned them to "normal Mustangs". So we failed this point too.

But what we probably did the first time worldwide is a dragrace during rain. We were lucky on Saturday with the weather, but on Sunday it rained cats and dogs simultaniously. But European GT500 drivers wouldn't be real Shelbydrivers, if they would care. After some tests on the track we decided to go. And so we did! From my opinion it was the most spectacular thing we could do... Have some impressions here:

DSC_0440.JPG?m=1316735144

DSC_0228.JPG?m=1316734414

DSC_0285.JPG?m=1316734663

And we had a wonderful support with our "Shelbygirls":

4210.JPG

You can see the whole review here:

http://shelbyforum.de/categories/review

The whole picturebook is here:

http://www.gt500-treffen.de/2011/photoalbum.php

It'll be our very pleasure to have some of you guys from the States here with us next year!

Regards, Albert

I can't tell you how cool it is to see this going on in Germany - home of the "Ultimate Driving Machine".

I didn't go thru all of the threads before - I just did now. Great pics, vids - and love the Shelby Girls. We need more them here...thanks for sharing.

I wonder if I could get a copy of the meatball on the one hood commemorating the vent. I'd love to hang that in the man cave.

I can't tell you how cool it is to see this going on in Germany - home of the "Ultimate Driving Machine".

I didn't go thru all of the threads before - I just did now. Great pics, vids - and love the Shelby Girls. We need more them here...thanks for sharing.

I wonder if I could get a copy of the meatball on the one hood commemorating the vent. I'd love to hang that in the man cave.

GT500FLYBOY I hope you will visit me now one day in Germany after you have see now how much Germans love Shelbys.

We have to race around the Nürburgring together one day. :-)

I only can hope now that somebody from Shelby and Ford see now how big they are getting in Germany and stop ignoring us German's.

We Germans love :worship: Mustangs and :worship: Shelby's so bad that we pay here so much more money to get one and even don't care to get in trouble with the :slapfight: German Government (red turn signal, tooo loud, the headlights and many other things) when we try to register the Car.

Its Time for Ford and Shelby to bring the Mustang & Shelby to Germany :drool: and not making it to a "only for American & Canadians" :rant2: Car!!

Greetings brothers. Thanks for posting. I work for Evonik in Essen, but live in the USA. My colleague mentioned that he met a guy in DE with a Shelby. Don't know his name, but he has a Shelby and also works for Evonik. Anyone know him?

Grüße von einem Inhaber GT500 in Kalifornien. I'm in der Ehrfurcht an der Zahl Shelby's, das an Ihrem Ereignis teilnimmt. Sehr eindrucksvoll! Die Fotographie ist großartig. Und I'm froh, you' zu sehen; Re, Ihr Shelby' fahrend; s, wie Carroll beabsichtigte, Regen oder kein Regen… Congrats! happy%20feet.gif

(Hope I got this right... don't want to start a war. hysterical.gif)

If there's two things that I would like to do with my Shelby: A trip to eastern Canada and the other to Germany (Austria, Switz.).

I'd like to try and make the next event over there :worship:

The best part is that we try to Austria-Germany each year and Sharon loves it.....that's I'm in as far as that goes. :happy feet:

Grüße von einem Inhaber GT500 in Kalifornien. I'm in der Ehrfurcht an der Zahl Shelby's, das an Ihrem Ereignis teilnimmt. Sehr eindrucksvoll! Die Fotographie ist großartig. Und I'm froh, you' zu sehen; Re, Ihr Shelby' fahrend; s, wie Carroll beabsichtigte, Regen oder kein Regen… Congrats! happy%20feet.gif

Not at all. It's opening every Germans heart if someone seriously tries to speak our language. My deep respect for this posting. I felt honored, especially as far as I don't know if my English is good enough for posting here.

Albert

your german is allmost perfect :-) lots of greetings from Switzerland, Stefan

• 2 weeks later...

Here the teaser for the DVD of the Shelby gathering 2011 Europe:

Alberto,

Schnelle Autos und schnelle Frauen ist immer eine große Kombination. It' s sogar besser, wenn die Autos Shelby' sind; s und die Frauen sind schön und in den kurzen schwarzen Lederröcken und in zusammenpassenden Absatzaufladungen angekleidet! Definitiv ein Ereignis, zum zu vorwärts zu schauen. Dank für die Aufgabe Ihres Videos. Congrats!!!

Awesome event!! I hope you will be able to post your future events on here. I know there are a few of us American Shelby owners in Europe that would love to come out and play. There are 5 of us in the Kaiserslautern area that I'm aware of.

I would love to have some or all of you European Shelby/Mustang people meet up with us on our trip next year! I would also really like to have contact information for those of you who could be of assistance to us if we have any car problems. I know that not very many shops in Europe know the front of a Shelby from the back.

Archived