TEAM SHELBY FORUM

GT on the way

twobjshelbys

What plate? We get up to 7 characters (space is allowed, as is "-"). From a list I got a while ago, the usual suspects like FORDGT are taken. We can't use 0 (zero) but "o" is ok.

Somehow I think "o6FRDGT" might work. But I think I'm going to try for "GULF GT" as first choice. GOZFAST or GOZFSTR for 2nd, don't have a 3rd yet.

Any other suggestions? I want to send in the form in a day or so...

My vote is for Gulf GT

You can always go with the 1 OF xx or 2006 GT

Steve

Some better pictures. The car arrived late Saturday afternoon. This morning I took it for a ride (about 160 miles to South Denver) where I met a former GT owner that switched to a Superformance GT40. Both cars are small, but stacked side by side the difference is quite dramatic. His car has the non-fuel injected version of the engine I have in the Cobra.

DSC_1369.jpg

DSC_1375.jpg

DSC_1376.jpg

DSC_1377.jpg

DSC_1378.jpg

DSC_1380.jpg

DSC_1385.jpg

DSC_1386.jpg

DSC_1387.jpg

DSC_1391.jpg

Some pics from delivery day (I just got them off the camera)

The huge (almost 100' long) Intercity van. Holds 7 cars. The trailer is the standard size but his tractor has almost as much space as my house.

DSC_1506.jpg

Whenever Intercity comes there is always something special. This time my car was at the front. This had to get out of the way to get mine off. Wow! What a beauty.

DSC_1515.jpg

DSC_1516.jpg

DSC_1517.jpg

DSC_1518.jpg

DSC_1519.jpg

When my Cobra came home the last time it's bunk mate was a 300SL Gull Wing. This time just the lowly roadster. Still close to a 700K vehicle.

The GT

DSC_1520.jpg

DSC_1521.jpg

Welcome to the FGT fraternity. :shift:

The FGT is in a class of it's own. Enjoy And congrats.

Visit www.fordgt.com

My user name there is Waxer.

Been there for quite a while. I got lots of good info there before I popped for this one. I almost bought it a year ago and was freakin' amazed he still had it when I asked again. After I bought it I was offered #35K over what I got it for from one of the dealers there. I wonder if the air bag cover can come off?

Congrats again on an AWESOME car!

Jer

• 2 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...

Archived