TEAM SHELBY FORUM

2009 SS ALMOST READY

4289cobra

Just got a call from SAI that my 2009 SS is done just waiting for the interior had the following upgrades:

KB 800 HP

1/4 window scoops

Inerior Upgrade: (console cover, shift boot and ebrake boot)

Cooling System upgrade

Watts Link Suspension

Rear Brakes

Eibach suspension system

Now is going to Shelby speed shop for the following:

Shelby Idler

Shelby Quick lift hood struts

Shelby rear lower control arms

:ower control arm relocation brackets

Red Supersnake coil covers

Shelby rear adjustable control arm

Shelby upper control arm bracket

Is there anything that I should have the speed shop do taht I ight be missing??? would it pay off to have them dyno or tune the vehicle ????

Just got a call from SAI that my 2009 SS is done just waiting for the interior had the following upgrades:

KB 800 HP

1/4 window scoops

Cooling System upgrade

Watts Link Suspension

Rear Brakes

Eibach suspension system

Shelby Idler

Is there anything that I should have the speed shop do taht I ight be missing??? would it pay off to have them dyno or tune the vehicle ????

Your list is what I have to install, sitting in my garage in boxes (once I make time), except the ebrake boot, rear lower control arm relocation brkts. and I chose the Black SS coil covers. I bought a pair of the Shelby Red Line hood struts and matching trunk lid struts, but for installation purposes I chose not to drill my Super Snake hood and instead installed the "no drill" Cal Pony hood struts. I peeled off the Cal Pony stickers and they look OEM.

Did you go with the Steel or Alloy Watts Link? I chose Alloy.

Which rear lower control arms are being installed? the solid ones? or the other design?

Is there a Shelby idler available for the 3.6LC? I have one new in the box, and from what I read it will work with the 2.8H that is currently on my Super Snake, but not the 3.6LC.

R

Your list is what I have to install, sitting in my garage in boxes (once I make time), except the ebrake boot, rear lower control arm relocation brkts. and I chose the Black SS coil covers. I bought a pair of the Shelby Red Line hood struts and matching trunk lid struts, but for installation purposes I chose not to drill my Super Snake hood and instead use the "no drill" Cal Pony hood struts. I peeled off the Cal Pony stickers and they look OEM.

Did you go with the Steel or Alloy Watts Link? I chose Alloy.

Which rear lower control arms are being installed? the solid ones? or the other design?

Is there a Shelby idler available for the 3.6LC? I have one new in the box, and from what I read it will work with the 2.8H that is currently on my Super Snake, but not the 3.6LC.

R

I went with the idler kit for the KB (part # S7SE-8509-A), went with the billet lower control arms solid (part#S5MA-5538-A), rear upper control arm adustable bracket (Z25-S5MA-3075-B) alloy watts link. Also went with the Black Alcoas windened to 11.75 still havent deciede wether I want to pay the price od 325/30/20 WOW YOU WARNED ME ABOUT THOSE!!!

I went with the idler kit for the KB (part # S7SE-8509-A), went with the billet lower control arms solid (part#S5MA-5538-A), rear upper control arm adustable bracket (Z25-S5MA-3075-B) alloy watts link. Also went with the Black Alcoas windened to 11.75 still havent deciede wether I want to pay the price od 325/30/20 WOW YOU WARNED ME ABOUT THOSE!!!

I HAVE A SET OF MICHELIN PS2 335-30-20 FOR SALE THEY ARE BRAND NEW FOR 900 DOLLARS

That is why I asked about the idler. Here is the info. from the SPP website.................• 2007-2011 Shelby GT500s using a Kenne Bell supercharger, except the 3.6L liquid cooled unit.

The SPP rear lower control are have recently changed. I have a pair of the original style which are solid, and the newer style which are lighter weight, both CS logo'ed. <<Nice pieces. I don't believe that the part number changed, but maybe just the design.

Yes those 325's are crazy $$$!!!!!

A member on TS PM'ed me a few weeks ago and said that he had a pair of the 325/30/20 Dunlops with almost no miles on them, and asked if I would be interested in them? I asked how much, he said $800 including shipping and he would ship them to me for inspection before I paid. I had to jump on that deal, I know that is crazy $$$, but it is two for the price of one and what would happen if I had a road hazard issue? or a damged beyond repair tire? $800 for one tire, again! I felt that it was worth picking up an extra pair for that price, but it hurt to spend that much for a "spare" pair of tires. <<My wife wasn't happy either............

R

I spoke with Kenne Bell about the idler after I upgraded to the 3.6LC and they said you don't need it and the one for the 2.8 won't work

I have the idler for the 2.8 brand new in the box never used if anyone's interested it's for sale.

Wow that's interesting!!! After Robert said something about that I did some research myself, the catalog states it will fit, SPP says it will not fit now Kenne Bell says it is not necxessary. Looks like I need to talk to someone at the speed shop and find out why they told me it will fit and work with the 3.6LC looks like I will be getting some money back.

KB 800 HP

1/4 window scoops

Cooling System upgrade

Watts Link Suspension

Rear Brakes

Eibach suspension system

Shelby Idler

Nice! Won't be long now before you're shredding up the Valley of the Sun :shift:

Is there anything that I should have the speed shop do taht I ight be missing???

These would be a nice addition, but does the 3.6LC clear them on the drivers side?

http://www.shelbystore.com/Shelby-GT500-High-Performance-Fuel-Rail-p/s7m-9593-c.htm

I have purchased them for mine, and bought the additional plumbing pieces (not available through SPP) needed to put them together as part of the 3.6LC install. When that time comes, I hope they fit...........

Picture1921.jpg

I have been told that I will most likely have to use either 45 degree or 60 degree fittings at the rear of the fuel rails, if so, those straights will be used as part of the A-N 3.6LC plumbing. There is a considerable amount of $$$ just in the fittings and hose shown in that picture, in addition to the $309 for the rails.

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Here is that same braided hose that was shown on the fuel rail, installed on the S/C. Note all S/C fittings changed from Brass to Stainless w/Black A-N fittings installed............

Picture1908-3.jpg

The "before" brass/crimped hose look.............

Picture1907-4.jpg

You asked for areas to spend your $$$....................

R

That is why I asked about the idler. Here is the info. from the SPP website................. 2007-2011 Shelby GT500s using a Kenne Bell supercharger, except the 3.6L liquid cooled unit.

The SPP rear lower control are have recently changed. I have a pair of the original style which are solid, and the newer style which are lighter weight, both CS logo'ed. <<Nice pieces. I don't believe that the part number changed, but maybe just the design.

Yes those 325's are crazy $$$!!!!!

A member on TS PM'ed me a few weeks ago and said that he had a pair of the 325/30/20 Dunlops with almost no miles on them, and asked if I would be interested in them? I asked how much, he said $800 including shipping and he would ship them to me for inspection before I paid. I had to jump on that deal, I know that is crazy $$$, but it is two for the price of one and what would happen if I had a road hazard issue? or a damged beyond repair tire? $800 for one tire, again! I felt that it was worth picking up an extra pair for that price, but it hurt to spend that much for a "spare" pair of tires. <<My wife wasn't happy either............

R

I just got a set of 325/25/20 Continentals for $335 each from Tire Rack .

BJ

BJ - What front tire size are you using with this shorter 25 series rear tire?

R

Robert,

Thanks, I got my refund back from SPP for the KB tensioner roller. I appreciate your help

BJ - What front tire size are you using with this shorter 25 series rear tire?

R

Robert, I'm running 275/30/20's on the fronts. They are the same OD as the rears. I have to modify the rear Koni coilovers(shorter springs) to keep from hitting them at full extension. This is a problem when removing the wheels< which I do often changing from track to street tires. Or if I do any of the Bullit scenes :)

BJ

Robert, I'm running 275/30/20's on the fronts. They are the same OD as the rears. I have to modify the rear Koni coilovers(shorter springs) to keep from hitting them at full extension. This is a problem when removing the wheels< which I do often changing from track to street tires. Or if I do any of the Bullit scenes :)

BJ

O.k., a 275/30 instead of a 275/35, sounds interesting. Please snap some pictures and post them if you get a chance.

Thanks, R

O.k., a 275/30 instead of a 275/35, sounds interesting. Please snap some pictures and post them if you get a chance.

Thanks, R

Just got a call, car is ready, now going to mod shop to have the rest of the goodies installed. Going to have it tuned and dyno done will let all know the outcome. I am still waiting for my black supersnake wheels to get back from weldcraft. Will enclose pictures when all is complete. :happy feet:

Just got a call, car is ready, now going to mod shop to have the rest of the goodies installed. Going to have it tuned and dyno done will let all know the outcome. I am still waiting for my black supersnake wheels to get back from weldcraft. Will enclose pictures when all is complete. :happy feet:

That is Great!!

Yes, post some pictures when it is done,

R

Got some pics from SAI today but too large to attach any ideas??

Upload one to Photobucket.com and attach it to this thread, if it is too large, go back to that same picture, resize it on your PC in your photo manager program, then upload it again to Photobucket and see if it is a better size for posting.

R

Upload one to Photobucket.com and attach it to this thread, if it is too large, go back to that same picture, resize it on your PC in your photo manager program, then upload it again to Photobucket and see if it is a better size for posting.

R

http://i783.photobucket.com/albums/yy111/cob4289/th_DSCF2577.jpg

Hope this works

I was able to see it, but it was small. When I post a picture from Photobucket there are four options offered when I hover over the picture, I choose the last one and it posts the picture directly on the forum post I am replying to. I think the last option is called "IMG code", it adds the picture directly to the post.

Your's looks like mine!!

R

I was able to see it, but it was small. When I post a picture from Photobucket there are four options offered when I hover over the picture, I choose the last one and it posts the picture directly on the forum post I am replying to. I think the last option is called "IMG code", it adds the picture directly to the post.

Your's looks like mine!!

R

Still waiting for the black alcoa's from James at weldcraft, I like the chrome wheels bit I think the black ones with your tire selection will make the car stand out more. You weren't kidding it seems like Ill have as much in the wheels and tires alone as I feel like I have in the entire car.

You know what they say:

Wheels $2600.00

Tires $2400.00

Feeling when getting to drive it: PRICELESS

^^^^^^^^^^^^^Nice!!

800 horse, Cooling System Upgrade, Rear Brake Upgrade and Interior Upgrade. <<The Big $$$ items. Did you choose the Eibach?

And yes, the tire/wheel upgrade, that is a Big $$$ item also!!!

I also have the interior upgrade, but it does not look like yours............

R

Second to the last picture.........................is your Torch Red hood Black on the underside?

R

It appears that way, I havent actually seen the car yet I would probalby have to look at other SS vehicles is the underside of the hood suppose to be body color? The eibach suspension is another story. They called me to tell me that the ford racing suspension has been on back order and that I would get the eibach suspension. I am thinking cool, a 1500.00 upgrade at no charge. Then when I get my finished invoice for the Shelby registry I noticed it listed that I had the ford racing suspension. When I called today they told me they made a mistake and that mine got the Ford racing suspension =, they got 6 in and I got 1 of them. I do not know which one would be better. They are telling me the Eibach is more for road racing than the Ford racing suspension. Do you have any input??

It appears that way, I havent actually seen the car yet I would probalby have to look at other SS vehicles is the underside of the hood suppose to be body color? The eibach suspension is another story. They called me to tell me that the ford racing suspension has been on back order and that I would get the eibach suspension. I am thinking cool, a 1500.00 upgrade at no charge. Then when I get my finished invoice for the Shelby registry I noticed it listed that I had the ford racing suspension. When I called today they told me they made a mistake and that mine got the Ford racing suspension =, they got 6 in and I got 1 of them. I do not know which one would be better. They are telling me the Eibach is more for road racing than the Ford racing suspension. Do you have any input??

This the bottom side of my Super Snake hood, maybe the production has changed..............

0013.jpg

I have the Eibach, it was a $100 upgrade from the Ford Racing suspension. I have never owned a Mustang with the Ford Racing suspension so I can't compare, but I like the firm (but not harsh) feel of the Eibach and I also like the adjustability.

R

Robert,

Here is SAI's explanation on the hood, did you hear anything about this?

Peter,

Yes, at first Super Snake’s were painted the same as the body color but some problems were arising with superchargers creating too much heat in the engine bays. Since then, Super Snake hoods have entered their fourth generation and the heat problem has been solved by using the black heat treated material you see in the pictures.

Makes sense to me how about you?

Here is SAI's explanation on the hood, did you hear anything about this?

Yes, at first Super Snake's were painted the same as the body color but some problems were arising with superchargers creating too much heat in the engine bays. Since then, Super Snake hoods have entered their fourth generation and the heat problem has been solved by using the black heat treated material you see in the pictures.

+1

I have the 4th gen hood with a thin black matting on the underside of my SS.

Archived