TEAM SHELBY FORUM

Thks for nothing

Windy got back to me today,,, passing the buck to Detroit Michigan.... Shelby WILL NOT do anything, about this new hood scoop , only 6 months old..... And I'am out over $300.00,,,, Being a combat vet, and working all these years, and it comes down to $150.00, labor, that Mr.Shelby will not eat...... THE SERVICE SUCKS, and I will move on !!! Thks Mr.Shelby for nothing,,,,,,

In your other Post, you stated that your Car was out of Warranty 45 Days. <1> Was that 45 Days out of Warranty when the problem was noticed? or <2> was notice sent in for the claim before the Warranty ended and it is NOW 45 Days out of Warranty? If it the First one, 45 Days out of Warranty is 45 Days out of Warranty and you own it. Unless the Warranty says 3 Years 36000 Miles PLUS 2 Months just for the heck of it, Warranties end on the Date given. If it was the Second, then Yes, they should do something for you. I hope you have Timeline Documentation.

In your other Post, you stated that your Car was out of Warranty 45 Days. <1> Was that 45 Days out of Warranty when the problem was noticed? or <2> was notice sent in for the claim before the Warranty ended and it is NOW 45 Days out of Warranty? If it the First one, 45 Days out of Warranty is 45 Days out of Warranty and you own it. Unless the Warranty says 3 Years 36000 Miles PLUS 2 Months just for the heck of it, Warranties end on the Date given. If it was the Second, then Yes, they should do something for you. I hope you have Timeline Documentation.

It was 45 days out of warr. back in Jan of this year,,, Paid $170 for the scoop, $151.00 labor,, 29.00 for shipping to and from the dealer. The new scoop is 6 months old, Talked to the dealer, am seeing them thurs. morning.The only thing I wanted from Shelby, was the cost of the labor........ but u live and learn,,, 24/7// thks for your help.. I'll let u no what happens over the next few days @ the dealer,,,, There good people, and I have known them about 7 years now,,, once again thks for your help T/

It was 45 days out of warr. back in Jan of this year,,, Paid $170 for the scoop, $151.00 labor,, 29.00 for shipping to and from the dealer. The new scoop is 6 months old, Talked to the dealer, am seeing them thurs. morning.The only thing I wanted from Shelby, was the cost of the labor........ but u live and learn,,, 24/7// thks for your help.. I'll let u no what happens over the next few days @ the dealer,,,, There good people, and I have known them about 7 years now,,, once again thks for your help T/

Am I missing something? You bought a New Scoop for your Car from SAI back in January (Car is out of Warranty at that time) and now something is wrong with it so you'r replaceing it again, 6 Months later. Most Parts usually carry a 1 or 3 Month Warranty and some not at all. What is wrong with the Scoop? Is it Warped?

Am I missing something? You bought a New Scoop for your Car from SAI back in January (Car is out of Warranty at that time) and now something is wrong with it so you'r replaceing it again, 6 Months later. Most Parts usually carry a 1 or 3 Month Warranty and some not at all. What is wrong with the Scoop? Is it Warped?

front of scoop ,,drivers side is coming apart,, banging off hood. pop rivets are in place ?? scoop is fine,, it's the black part inside ?? Dealer is taking care of it..... thursday morning ?? I'll let u no what they fine. I understand what u r saying about the warr..... My point is Shelby knows about this scoop,,,,,, That is why it is not on any more mustangs. They messed up and they no it thks again for your help T/

front of scoop ,,drivers side is coming apart,, banging off hood. pop rivets are in place ?? scoop is fine,, it's the black part inside ?? Dealer is taking care of it..... thursday morning ?? I'll let u no what they fine. I understand what u r saying about the warr..... My point is Shelby knows about this scoop,,,,,, That is why it is not on any more mustangs. They messed up and they no it thks again for your help T/

From what I have been hearing and reading about.......it is the original Scoop that was the "Bad Seed", I haven't heard of or ready anything about the New Scoop having any problems until yours. Like SGT/SC#0471 just noted, it sounds like the Speed Nuts might not be tight enough or vibrated loose. But if you are talking about making it Functional like others have, then just carefully drill out the Rivits, remove the Front Block Off Grill and cut the Hole in the Hood towards the rear of the Scoop. If possible, flare the Hole UP so light Rain wont get in. I hate water spots on my Engine. You can then build an Air Troft to your K&N Filter, mounted on the underside of the Hood.

From what I have been hearing and reading about.......it is the original Scoop that was the "Bad Seed", I haven't heard of or ready anything about the New Scoop having any problems until yours. Like SGT/SC#0471 just noted, it sounds like the Speed Nuts might not be tight enough or vibrated loose. But if you are talking about making it Functional like others have, then just carefully drill out the Rivits, remove the Front Block Off Grill and cut the Hole in the Hood towards the rear of the Scoop. If possible, flare the Hole UP so light Rain wont get in. I hate water spots on my Engine. You can then build an Air Troft to your K&N Filter, mounted on the underside of the Hood.

sounds like the Speed nuts are loose,,,, My whole point is I'am just trying to get Shelby to pay for the labor !!! I think your right about the nuts ,only loose ,up front on the drivers side.. Is it ok to remove the Front Block off the grill and let it go @ that, and not put a hole in the hood ??/ I'll let you no what happens ,,, Also,, maybe you could pass this along, anyone getting a new scoop,, to put lock tight on the speed nuts,,, I will tell the dealer to do this thursday Thks again for your help T/

Just a suggestion :)

When you go back to the dealer, have them put in a SPW (Special Part Warranty) claim. This way the dealer will get paid to redo the repair and you do not have to pay again :(

If you paid for a repair and "something" happens with in a 12 month or 12k period (which ever comes first), the repair would be covered. The dealer may have to call the warranty claim # to file the claim---1-800-367-3788.

As for just removing the front faux grille piece, I would not do it. If you did, you would then see the backing panel behind where the faux grill piece sits and bolts too.

And as suggested before, when they remove the scoop, have them use a little bit of lock-tight on the threads--tighten--but don't over tighten---it may ruin the threads on the faux grille piece.

Hope this helps.

Bud

sounds like the Speed nuts are loose,,,, My whole point is I'am just trying to get Shelby to pay for the labor !!! I think your right about the nuts ,only loose ,up front on the drivers side.. Is it ok to remove the Front Block off the grill and let it go @ that, and not put a hole in the hood ??/ I'll let you no what happens ,,, Also,, maybe you could pass this along, anyone getting a new scoop,, to put lock tight on the speed nuts,,, I will tell the dealer to do this thursday Thks again for your help T/

If there is enough area to do it, have them place some 3M Gray Double Sided Molding Tape on the backing panel to help hold the Scoop in place. I do this on items I know I wont be removing anytime soon. It keeps them from vibrating and since the Scoop is Rivited on, I know you don't want to remove it again anytime soon for a lose Grill.

When you go back to the dealer, have them put in a SPW (Special Part Warranty) claim. This way the dealer will get paid to redo the repair and you do not have to pay again :(

If you paid for a repair and "something" happens with in a 12 month or 12k period (which ever comes first), the repair would be covered. The dealer may have to call the warranty claim # to file the claim---1-800-367-3788.

As for just removing the front faux grille piece, I would not do it. If you did, you would then see the backing panel behind where the faux grill piece sits and bolts too.

And as suggested before, when they remove the scoop, have them use a little bit of lock-tight on the threads--tighten--but don't over tighten---it may ruin the threads on the faux grille piece.

Hope this helps.

Bud

BUDMAN SIGHTING!!!!! :happy feet:

Hope this helps.

Bud

Hope this helps.

Bud

called the dealer,,,,, he is going to call me back today I'll let u no what is going on thks for your help T/

Hope this helps.

Bud

thks bud I have sent pictures am waiting to hear from them thks for your help T/

tell me what you think

With out actually seeing it in person, hard to say. It could be the hood it "pushed" down in that area, or the scoop grille center piece is a bit deformed--or there is a "high" spot on the piece right behind the "grille" piece causing it to lift up/push down on the hood.

Still have the dealer submit the claim. Then have them "gently" remove the scoop and see if it is the grille piece or the scoop that is causing the lifting issue--it could be both. If it is the scoop, the area that is high can be sanded down a bit (the part that the grille attaches to) and "fit" it back on the car to see how it fits before it is attached again. If it needs the grille piece, have them replace it (dealer will still need to go through the claim process).

Either way, it can be fixed and then you will be able to fully enjoy your SGT :)

Bud

With out actually seeing it in person, hard to say. It could be the hood it "pushed" down in that area, or the scoop grille center piece is a bit deformed--or there is a "high" spot on the piece right behind the "grille" piece causing it to lift up/push down on the hood.

Still have the dealer submit the claim. Then have them "gently" remove the scoop and see if it is the grille piece or the scoop that is causing the lifting issue--it could be both. If it is the scoop, the area that is high can be sanded down a bit (the part that the grille attaches to) and "fit" it back on the car to see how it fits before it is attached again. If it needs the grille piece, have them replace it (dealer will still need to go through the claim process).

Either way, it can be fixed and then you will be able to fully enjoy your SGT :)

Bud

It is the grilll very loose on the drivers side,,, waiting on the dealer ;( Thks again for all your help Talked to Randy Sunday,, he is trying to help also, alot of good people on hear best site going T/

UPDATE !!!! Talked to Windy Am getting a new black part , front of the scoop plus the rivets,, needed, The scoop has to come off ;(((( But I'am still out another $150.00 ;(( for labor !!! I'll let everyone no what happens after the installll Thks T/

UPDATE !!!! Talked to Windy Am getting a new black part , front of the scoop plus the rivets,, needed, The scoop has to come off ;(((( But I'am still out another $150.00 ;(( for labor !!! I'll let everyone no what happens after the installll Thks T/

If you dealer put the scoop on, have them file a claim and it should NOT cost you anything more. Have them call the 800# 800-367-3788. This way they will get paid to redo the scoop for ya. If they do not want to call, you can also call and let them know. They may reinburse you back as long as you send them the receipts :)

Bud

If you dealer put the scoop on, have them file a claim and it should NOT cost you anything more. Have them call the 800# 800-367-3788. This way they will get paid to redo the scoop for ya. If they do not want to call, you can also call and let them know. They may reinburse you back as long as you send them the receipts :)

Bud

just got off the phone 800## u gave me,,,,, shelby part under warr.... I have to pay the labor,,, labor is only good ford FORD PARTS,,,,, unless u no someome and u can give me a name and # to call and talk to thks again for your help in this matter,,,, all parts and labor was done 03/10/2011 last 6 on vin 340398 thks t.grant/

Windy got back to me today,,, passing the buck to Detroit Michigan.... Shelby WILL NOT do anything, about this new hood scoop , only 6 months old..... And I'am out over $300.00,,,, Being a combat vet, and working all these years, and it comes down to $150.00, labor, that Mr.Shelby will not eat...... THE SERVICE SUCKS, and I will move on !!! Thks Mr.Shelby for nothing,,,,,,

Maybe I shouldn't ask this, but,...

What does your service in the military have to do with this?

I too was in the Corps and thank you for your service.

getting paid to do a job , weather your 18. or 55,, Your right,, maybe being in the military has nothing to do with it,,, and thank you for being in the CORPS,, but then again ,,, everyone cannot be a COOK !!! IN THE CORPS :)

Yeah, I was wondering that to, plus, Why should Mr. Shelby have to eat the Labor Costs of someone else that does not work for Him. All of the Shops I know do not warranty Labor, especially after 30 days, and I know a LOT of Shops.

Have them make sure that the Speed Nuts are tight and maybe even put some Silicon Adhesive Caulk on there to help keep it in place and tight.

Archived