TEAM SHELBY FORUM

Have you changed yours lately?

Oh crap sorry! I thought that was an engine air filter...ssoooo I am with Dana where is this thing?

The cabin air filter is located underneath the passenger side cowl cover. Raise the hood, remove the plastic clips holding the cowl cover and you will see the filter slid into the slot. It's about 2 inches by 8 inches and is available at any chain parts store. note: the cowl cover is two pieces, one for the drivers side and one for the passenger. You may have to finesse it a bit to remove and install the new filter but it can be done fairly easily. regards, Larry

Damn, I forgot. Yes, this is the interior Cabin Air Filter.

However it is in the engine bay on the passenger side under the wiper cowl area, remove two black tabs and pull up and away and it's right there.

504aee32.jpg

Pointer keep the wipers in mid position to make the piece to pull out easier.

b0a7b11f.jpg

Damn, I forgot. Yes, this is the interior Cabin Air Filter.

However it is in the engine bay on the passenger side under the wiper cowl area, remove two black tabs and pull up and away and it's right there.

Pointer keep the wipers in mid position to make the piece to pull out easier.

b0a7b11f.jpg

Be real careful when opening the hood with the wipers up........I tore up the edge of a a stripe when I fist got the car!

Fortunately it was fixed when they replaced the scoop and stripes, but the lesson was learned.

+1

My mileage is just around the 34K range and I'm sure the dealership has not changed it out.

Anyone have their manual handy to see when Ford says it should be or have been changed out?

I'll be pulling mine out this weekend for sure.

CC

I changed mine out around 36K - it didn't look to bad! On the other hand, on two other vehicles I have (Honda Civic and Nissan Murano), those filters were full of crap! Leaves, acorns, pollen, and Lord knows what! There is a difference between parking in a garage and parking outside!

Don't forget to change your fuel filter as well - every 10k miles for me!

Sam

+1

My mileage is just around the 34K range and I'm sure the dealership has not changed it out.

Anyone have their manual handy to see when Ford says it should be or have been changed out?

CC

I'll do it from now on every other oil change, it's only $15 from here

http://www.nitrostangracing.com/nitrostang/

+1

CC

Ford says to do it at 30K.

See this info on it:

http://www.teamshelby.com/forums/index.php?/topic/37235-changing-your-air-cabin-filter/page__view__findpost__p__585709

Great stuff Rob... As always.

I'm always learning new stuff on this site. So what about the fuel filter. Where is that? :headscratch:

Don't laugh... I changed my oil for the first time in 20 years yesterday. Used your link for that too!

:salute:

Great stuff Rob... As always.

I'm always learning new stuff on this site. So what about the fuel filter. Where is that? :headscratch:

Don't laugh... I changed my oil for the first time in 20 years yesterday. Used your link for that too!

:salute:

I did a write up here.

http://www.teamshelby.com/forums/index.php?/topic/55353-diy-how-to-change-fuel-filter/

Ford says to do it at 30K.

See this info on it:

http://www.teamshelb...post__p__585709

Thanks Rob for all the info.

I'll get a couple of filters ordered and get it changed out.

Now I need to go talk to my service writer I deal with and see why

this was not changed out on my last service which was for the 30K.

Serves me right too for not checking the manual as to what all should have been done

so I could double check the work.:rant2:

Ok, just ordered 2 filters for a total of $10.02. $6.93 for shipping to CA.

They are supposed to ship out on the 26th.

Clarence

Archived