TEAM SHELBY FORUM

Extended warranty-Non Ford

SGT0128

I've got about 6 months left on the Ford warranty. I'm trying to decide weather to purchase an extended warranty or to take the plunge on 2012 or 2013 GT500. If you purchased an extended warranty,

Who did you buy it from?

What was the cost?

Are you satisfied with the service?

Never ever purchase a 3rd party extended warranty, only purchase an extended warranty backed by the cars manufacturer. In this case the Ford ESP warranty plan.

Plan cost will vary depending on the level of the plan. For example just a drivetrain warranty will be cheaper than a warranty covering the complete car. The cost of the plan will also vary by the plans deductible, larger deductible the cheaper the plan will be. The price of the plan also varies by the selling dealership. ESP plan prices are negotiable.

Keep in mind that extended warranties do not cover cosmetic and wear items, aka maintenance items like shocks, clutch & brakes unless a covered item was the cause of the problem.

There are several threads on Team Shelby about the Ford ESP extended warranty plans. I'm sure a quick search will bring them up for you.

You can also research and purchase Ford ESP plans on the internet, just keep in mind that you are purchasing the plan from a dealership and not directly from Ford. Do not let the website address fool you, those are Ford dealerships as Ford Motor Company does not sell the warranty plans directly to the consumer.

Steve

I extended mine with the Ford ESP platinum or whatever the best one was.They have a bunch of different plans,but I wanted the longest time and was not concerned with the mileage.

I ended up with 3 years/60000 miles for around $900 through the Ford dealer.I went to an online dealer who sells the plans cheap and took the price to my local dealer and they matched it.

I was happy with the price,but I did not shop it much.

I've got about 6 months left on the Ford warranty. I'm trying to decide weather to purchase an extended warranty or to take the plunge on 2012 or 2013 GT500. If you purchased an extended warranty,

Who did you buy it from?

What was the cost?

From years of experience, the only extended warranty worth buying is ford ESP. You don't have to worry about the warranty co still being in business or if the ford dealer will be set up with the extended warranty provider for payment

Never ever purchase a 3rd party extended warranty, only purchase an extended warranty backed by the cars manufacturer. In this case the Ford ESP warranty plan.

Plan cost will vary depending on the level of the plan. For example just a drivetrain warranty will be cheaper than a warranty covering the complete car. The cost of the plan will also vary by the plans deductible, larger deductible the cheaper the plan will be. The price of the plan also varies by the selling dealership. ESP plan prices are negotiable.

Keep in mind that extended warranties do not cover cosmetic and wear items, aka maintenance items like shocks, clutch & brakes unless a covered item was the cause of the problem.

There are several threads on Team Shelby about the Ford ESP extended warranty plans. I'm sure a quick search will bring them up for you.

You can also research and purchase Ford ESP plans on the internet, just keep in mind that you are purchasing the plan from a dealership and not directly from Ford. Do not let the website address fool you, those are Ford dealerships as Ford Motor Company does not sell the warranty plans directly to the consumer.

Steve

Steve,

Isn't the ESP warranty honored by all dealers regardless of which dealer sells it? I thought it was entered into the system and applied to the VIN so the car was covered no matter where you needed the service.

John

Who did you buy it from?

What was the cost?

Extended warranty from anyone OTHER than Ford is mostly just a huge rip off. One of the largest aftermarket Warranty companies is run by a convicted Felon (fraud). The aftermarket warranty industry is as crooked a the "Reverse Mortgage", and the "life" insurance companies that hawk the airways. Tell Henry Winkler, Rusty Wallace, Robert Wagner, and all of the other paid spokespersons to take a hike. ouch, now I'm done venting. regards, Larry

Steve,

Isn't the ESP warranty honored by all dealers regardless of which dealer sells it? I thought it was entered into the system and applied to the VIN so the car was covered no matter where you needed the service.

John

Yes you are absolutely correct, a Ford ESP should be honored by all FLM dealers.

What I was trying to convey in my post was that some of these online sellers of the Ford ESP contracts make their website sound and look like you are purchasing the plan directly from Ford Motor Company when in reality you are making the purchase from a dealership. I don't want to point out any specific web addresses but you'll notice that a lot of them use the words, Ford and ESP in their web address compared to using their actaul dealerships name.

Steve

Yes you are absolutely correct, a Ford ESP should be honored by all FLM dealers.

What I was trying to convey in my post was that some of these online sellers of the Ford ESP contracts make their website sound and look like you are purchasing the plan directly from Ford Motor Company when in reality you are making the purchase from a dealership. I don't want to point out any specific web addresses but you'll notice that a lot of them use the words, Ford and ESP in their web address compared to using their actaul dealerships name.

Steve

That's what I thought. And there is a tremendous difference in price by shopping on-line at various Ford dealers for the same ESP policy. I don't know how they have so much leeway in the selling price but it's significant.

John

I bought an ESP for my old 2005 Mustang through Troy Ford and thought they were the only place that sold them...

I sold my car and got a pro-rated portion of the amount back. The prices really dropped after the recession. Just checked them the other week.

The SGT has different time limits on the factory warranties.The bumper to bumper warranty last just 3 years/36,000 miles but the Powertrain Warranty lasts for 5 years/60,000 miles.

Archived