TEAM SHELBY FORUM

2nd Documented Shelby Abuse Case

Ok, i can understand he doesnt want it to be sooo obvious that its a 500 hp car... but cmon... just order a stripe delete option or get a GT and mod it to 500hp. And as for the whole *punks challenging him to street races*... there are about 5 highschools within 10 miles of me (two within a 2 miles or so) and i have not yet been *urked on* by a *punk* in his little ricer... nor have i been challenged by the numerous corvettes, z06s, Vipers, and other stangs in the area. Is it that hard to just turn up the 1000 watt stereo and ignore them? But to each his own... some people just know how to anger me! :finger:

Ok, i can understand he doesnt want it to be sooo obvious that its a 500 hp car... but cmon... just order a stripe delete option or get a GT and mod it to 500hp. And as for the whole *punks challenging him to street races*... there are about 5 highschools within 10 miles of me (two within a 2 miles or so) and i have not yet been *urked on* by a *punk* in his little ricer... nor have i been challenged by the numerous corvettes, z06s, Vipers, and other stangs in the area. Is it that hard to just turn up the 1000 watt stereo and ignore them? But to each his own... some people just know how to anger me! :finger:

If he has any brains he will put all the parts in a box and save them to reassemble before resale. If thats the case no real harm done although I think its strange.

See if you can get the VIN off of the car so we can enter it into the registry with a warning!

What? For taking stuff off his car?? We gonna start reporting VIN's for everybody putting exhaust and pulleys on their stock Shelby's??? It's his car, he can "F" it up all he wants. Any potential buyer is gonna knock him down from market value for the missing badges and emblems...heck it might even be the first one to resale close to sticker that way! LOL

Love stories like this, gets the tribe going. :hyper:

I think he is saying get the VIN so that if someone comes to buy the car later, they will know what has happened to this car in the past incase the owner tries to lie like he never changed anything and put all emblems and stickers back on. I dont know if i would want to buy a car that has had its spoiler, gas cap, stickers, and emblems removed and filled with plastic caps. Could lead to later problems with correct fitting, coming loose, etc.

I think he is saying get the VIN so that if someone comes to buy the car later, they will know what has happened to this car in the past incase the owner tries to lie like he never changed anything and put all emblems and stickers back on. I dont know if i would want to buy a car that has had its spoiler, gas cap, stickers, and emblems removed and filled with plastic caps. Could lead to later problems with correct fitting, coming loose, etc.

:yup: YUP. Thank you for the clearity.

Archived