TEAM SHELBY FORUM

Exhaust options for a 2011

jaydigga4

Why do you want those? I recommend the new Borla Part # 11799 ATAK with 4.5" tips. Sounds is perfect nice and loud when you are on it with a great rumble at idle and NO DRONE at any RPM. I have tried many. MBRP (bad drone at cruise) Rousch which i love the sound but the 4 inch rolled tips look small and i don't like the chrome look of the muffler shining out.

Looked around for some video clips of the exhaust axle backs that Ford racing offers for the 2011 and couldnt really find any. Specifically M-5230-MSVTLA and M-5230-MSVTCA. Anyone know of any out there?

Borla makes the FRPP axelbacks. The ATAK is just louder than the sport or the touring. The two the original poster mentioned are quality products.

I know I tried the original Borla made axle backs on my 2010 GT500 and the drone was really bad. So i sold them. The new ATAK are a different design and there is NO drone and they are not overly loud. I will be doing a video of them soon for all the hear.

I took a shot in the dark when I bought my Magnaflow muffler deletes. I loved the way they sounded on the clips I saw but was very concerned about drone.

People I have asked said there was none, but I was skeptical. To my amazement there is zero drone to which I was thrilled!

They really bark when you start the car, and sound seriously loud in the garage...duh, no kidding. But outside and while cruising they have a really nice tuned rumble.

They absolutely roar when floored!

If sound is your concern and you don't have emissions testing, I highly recommend them. Even if you do have testing, swapping the mufflers is relatively easy.

I took a shot in the dark when I bought my Magnaflow muffler deletes. I loved the way they sounded on the clips I saw but was very concerned about drone.

People I have asked said there was none, but I was skeptical. To my amazement there is zero drone to which I was thrilled!

They really bark when you start the car, and sound seriously loud in the garage...duh, no kidding. But outside and while cruising they have a really nice tuned rumble.

If sound is your concern and you don't have emissions testing, I highly recommend them. Even if you do have testing, swapping the mufflers is relatively easy.

+1

I agree with Crushinator 100% about how the Magnaflow deletes sound- they are incredible IMO. The garage sound really is amazing! (my neighbors probably don't think so) Perfectly loud, mean, powerful sounding and yes, they freakin' scream when you step on it! The only time I notice any drone is when accelerating at lower RPMs in 5th and 6th gear (slowly passing or climbing a hill/overpass). I couldn't be happier with my exhaust.

Crushinator,

Do the Magnaflow muffler deletes pass inspection and emissions her in Pennsylvania?

Archived