TEAM SHELBY FORUM

My Black Coupe has arrived

jduffy

Today I had the opportunity because of some great people at AAI to go there for a plant tour and to see my completed Shelby prior to it being shipped. The tour was great and very interesting, at the end I was brought to their inspection room and there it was Black with White Stripes and beautiful. I was allowed to start it up, it had a grand total of 3.5 Km's on it (yes, it's a Canadian car). I was also allowed to look it over very closely with the Quality Manager, Two Auditors and the Mustang Chief Engineer. I was told that my car was the first one for sale to the general Public "Striped" in house. The Chief Engineer asked if I wanted him to take it out for a "Shakedown" run that afternoon prior to shipment just to make sure everything is right. Sure I said, I thought how often does one get a chance to have one of the people responsible for this car's performance take it for a ride to make sure everything is how it should be. I was not allowed to bring a camera but many pictures were taken by AAI personnel. I will post some as soon as they are sent to me. I was told that I should have it at my dealer in about a week.

I would like to thank everyone at AAI who made this trip possible and took the time to show me and my family around.

JD

WOW. How cool was that? You are one lucky person. I always dreamt of seeing my actual Mustang go down the line. That must have been both interesting AND awesome! Please post pix when you get them, and don't forget pix of the 'finished product'! Congrats!

PS- more of your story is always welcome! ;)

• 4 weeks later...

quote name='jduffy' date='Mar 27 2007, 08:25 PM' post='121467']

Today I had the opportunity because of some great people at AAI to go there for a plant tour and to see my completed Shelby prior to it being shipped. The tour was great and very interesting, at the end I was brought to their inspection room and there it was Black with White Stripes and beautiful. I was allowed to start it up, it had a grand total of 3.5 Km's on it (yes, it's a Canadian car). I was also allowed to look it over very closely with the Quality Manager, Two Auditors and the Mustang Chief Engineer. I was told that my car was the first one for sale to the general Public "Striped" in house. The Chief Engineer asked if I wanted him to take it out for a "Shakedown" run that afternoon prior to shipment just to make sure everything is right. Sure I said, I thought how often does one get a chance to have one of the people responsible for this car's performance take it for a ride to make sure everything is how it should be. I was not allowed to bring a camera but many pictures were taken by AAI personnel. I will post some as soon as they are sent to me. I was told that I should have it at my dealer in about a week.

I would like to thank everyone at AAI who made this trip possible and took the time to show me and my family around.

JD

Today I finally received the pictures from my trip to AAI. this was a great experience and if anyone gets a chance it's a can't miss opportunity.

JD

post-3150-1177371085_thumb.jpgpost-3150-1177371133_thumb.jpgpost-3150-1177371174_thumb.jpgpost-3150-1177371215_thumb.jpgpost-3150-1177371299_thumb.jpgpost-3150-1177371372_thumb.jpgpost-3150-1177371430_thumb.jpg

post-3150-1177371085_thumb.jpg

post-3150-1177371133_thumb.jpg

post-3150-1177371174_thumb.jpg

post-3150-1177371215_thumb.jpg

post-3150-1177371299_thumb.jpg

post-3150-1177371372_thumb.jpg

post-3150-1177371430_thumb.jpg

JD

JD - great story.

On a serious note - if there is any way you can get them to document that your car was the first to be sold to the general public that was "striped" in-house, that would be a huge value in later years.

Enjoy it when it arrives. Great looking car.

HSURB

Archived