TEAM SHELBY FORUM

Two WWII US soldiers found in Groesbeek, The Netherlands

Returning the remains of our fallen soldiers is one mission the the U.S. Government has never given up. Since 1992 over 2,000 set of remains have been returned to the United States from the Vietnam War. Occasionally, like mentioned above, the remains of soldiers, sailors, and airman are returned from the WWI, WWII, and Korean eras. They are always treated with the same dignified transfer that the soldiers from today's wars receive.

:salute:

Thats is great news Patrick......I hope, as you say, they can be identified for the sake of the families of our fallen soldiers benefit.

I lost my Grandfather today.....2nd Infantry Division, (Indian Heads) landed at Omaha Beach, Fought in the Battle of the Bulge, liberated camps outside Buchenwald and liberated Spergau.

He was one month shy of 19 when the war ENDED.

God Bless all our veterans and active duty soldiers around the world! :salute:

Sorry to hear about your grandfather. Do you know which camps he liberated near Buchenwald? I would have loved talking to him. My grandfather died in one of these subcamps or Aussenkommandos. He died at 32 in Langenstein-Zwieberge. http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Langenstein-Zwieberge

The Dutch government will treat these remains with the outmost respect. Our country was liberated by these men.

Archived