TEAM SHELBY FORUM

Allstate insurance

I had war with the wife she wanted me to cancel the insurance on either the truck or the shelby. Since they pretty much sit around for months at a time and the furthest, I have gone is to homedepot which is 3 miles away.I pay allstate 264.00 a month for 3 cars 07 shelby,72 f100, 08 ford expedtion my coverage is the max you can get just incase. The wife drives her truck local and a lot of times driving me around. But since 08 she only has 21,000 on the truck so all 3 cars were give a supposed discount my 72 f100 only had liability so for 6 months the policy cost me 1,400.00. I knew it was a little high but been with them since 1994 and my first claim in 1995 the basement toliet backed up do to the towns fault. Everyone on my block got sewer water in their basement. I had just finished the basement and had layed down new carpet so decided to call my allstate agent. He said he will send a clean up crew to take care of it. I swear less than a hour there was crew at my house they pulled the rug up clean anything that got wet and sanitized everything. They came back the next day and recleaned everything. My wife gave my agent the carpet recipt and the next day the carpet guy showed up to rplace the rug. Also my agent took care of 2 car accidents with no hassles and made sure the car was up to my standard.

But friday, I went to STATEFARM to see what their rates would be for all my cars with the same coverage it came out to be over a 140.00 cheaper a month. I was paying for my home coverage 1,400.00 for a year STATEFARM same coverage 854.00 my umbrella coverage is 100.00 cheaper. I was shocked of course we went with statefarm plus the biggest cost drop was on my 72 f100. Allstate charged me just for liability 353.00 for 6 months Statefarm was less than 40.00 per year also they are going to get me a classic rate on the truck for peanuts. So shop around to see if you can get a lower rate so the wife is happy and it got me to keep both cars on the road. The Agent was shocked that the shebly only has 8,000.00 on it. I did also get a police discount :happy feet:

Yep, I has Allstate and switched to Statefarm a while back (1996). In 1995, my Labaron GTC Convertible was Stolen from the Mall Parking Lot, it was found Striped of all the Body Parts. In 4 Days I was riding again in a new 1996 Dakota Truck. Put the Truck in the Shop 3 Times in 5 Weeks with Fuel Problems, Dealer said they could not duplicate the problem, they never Test Drove the Truck. 2 Weeks later the problem was really bad and I was going to take it back to the Dealer on Monday BUT that Sunday, it cought fire under the Hood and burned all the way to the Front Seat before the Fire was put out, in 7 Days I was riden again. I Traded my 2001 Dodge Conversion Van in on a new 2006 Plymouth Neon 2 Door. I loved it. I fixed it up with Spoilers and Road Runner Graphics, etc. 6 Months later it was Stolen out of my Driveway. It was found Striped of all the Body Parts. Allstate decided that I did it and refused to Pay. I had to sue them. They spent over $100K and LOST, Paid me $6,900.00 and I got to keep my Neon with a Clean Title since they never totaled it. Allstate had to pay my Attorney Fees of just over $43K. Before we went to Court, They files Suit against me claiming "Mafioso"..............ME, part of the MOB.........LOL. When they Lost they First Case they quickly drop the Second but still had to Pay my Attorney over $10K for that Case. The Investigateing Cops were asked by Allstate under oath, if they thought I had anything to do with either Car Thefts, ALL of the Investigators said NO, not at all, they believed it was part of a Car Theft Ring working in the area for a couple of Body Shops the next town over. Two Months after the Trial, they busted what turned out to be the Largest Auto Theft Ring in the Southeast. ALLSTATE SUCKS.

Ever since then, ALL of my Vehicle have had and do have Alarms. It has been about 40 different cars since 1996.

I have been a State Farm Agent in GA for the past 13 plus years and my Dad has been an Agent for almost 40 years....although I am biased, I think you made the right move.

Just an example of how we work, on this past Labor Day at 3:30pm, we had a tornado touch down from the hurricane/ tropical depression that came up from the Gulf coast. Within minutes I had 6 home substantially damaged, but within minutes of the claims rolling in, I had emergency crews headed to them and had personally spoken to each homeowner. We had the homes tarped and boarded before the second wave hit....by the way, I was not at home and not at the office either. I was out with the family running errands and still made sure everyone was taken care of.

State Farm is a Mutual Ins Co meaning that our policy holders own us....everything we do is geared towards that goal. Welcome aboard...each Mutual Auto Policy is one share of State Farm....no other way to own a piece of the Company.

Andy.

I have been a State Farm Agent in GA for the past 13 plus years and my Dad has been an Agent for almost 40 years....although I am biased, I think you made the right move.

Just an example of how we work, on this past Labor Day at 3:30pm, we had a tornado touch down from the hurricane/ tropical depression that came up from the Gulf coast. Within minutes I had 6 home substantially damaged, but within minutes of the claims rolling in, I had emergency crews headed to them and had personally spoken to each homeowner. We had the homes tarped and boarded before the second wave hit....by the way, I was not at home and not at the office either. I was out with the family running errands and still made sure everyone was taken care of.

State Farm is a Mutual Ins Co meaning that our policy holders own us....everything we do is geared towards that goal. Welcome aboard...each Mutual Auto Policy is one share of State Farm....no other way to own a piece of the Company.

Andy.

Can you write a Policy for People NOT in your Area.............I live in Florida........

Can you write a Policy for People NOT in your Area.............I live in Florida........

I wish I could....but I can refer you to a very good agent in your area who would operate like I do. I know several SF guys from Florida.

PM me your contact info and I'll get you started if you arleady have not found an agent. It sounds like you may have an agent already working with you, so you should be good to go. For the most part, we are cut out of the same cloth...only the lucky ones are Shelby owners!

Andy.

Andy.

Its good to hear that statefarm is a stand up company I called my allstate broker. I told him the price difference he wasn't shocked he even said allstate is expensive. I told him he's lucky that I like him other wise we be having this chat in person. I can't believe the price difference there has to be some broken rules to deal with. I will have to look into this maybe call in a favor to the US Attorney office and rattle some cages. But live and learn,

Be safe

Anthony

You may be able to save even more money - check out Hagerty Classic Car insurance for your Shelby. I qualified, and saved about $300 more / year going w/ them.

State Farm for my cars since 1991. We used to have Allstate for everything. Rates kept going up, up ,up and we never even had any claims. A few years ago a tire came off a car and bounced right into my daily driver Honda. Kid was from out of state and had no insurance. Rather than screw around with it I just paid my deductible and State Farm took over. My car was fixed in a week or so and much to my surprise State Farm recovered the money from the uninsured driver and sent me a check to cover my deductible a few months later. Always get top notch no pressure service from my agent and his office staff.

I wish I could....but I can refer you to a very good agent in your area who would operate like I do. I know several SF guys from Florida.

PM me your contact info and I'll get you started if you arleady have not found an agent. It sounds like you may have an agent already working with you, so you should be good to go. For the most part, we are cut out of the same cloth...only the lucky ones are Shelby owners!

Andy.

Would there be a Cost Difference between Atlanta Georgia and Tallahassee Florida?

You may be able to save even more money - check out Hagerty Classic Car insurance for your Shelby. I qualified, and saved about $300 more / year going w/ them.

I did call a while ago they told me that for them to insure my Shelby you have to have a regular car other than a classic. I told him we have a 08 expedition. This didn't make sense he told me if there are 2 drivers then you need to cars. I said what about my 72 f100 which is driven by 80% of the time he say's in has to be a newer car. I said so to get my shelby insured by you I have to go out and buy a new car. He said basically yes.

Make no sense to me

I just checked with State Farm. This is my experience with the 2 -

State Farm -

Pro: basically the same price as Allstate

Pro: will have car repaired to pre-accident condition (not OEM)

Con: will drop you if you have too many hits on your record (any combination of more than 3 from anyone in the household)

Allstate -

Pro: if want insurance they'll give it to you - for a price.

Con: won't cover any mod's over $1000 per claim.

Hagerty - ran into the same issue as above with not just Hagerty, but all the "specialty" insurance companies.

The only place I found to do anything different was Allied/Nationwide who would write a "Cash Value" policy and would allow mods (for an extra fee of course). The only problem is that even though they offer "Accident Forgiveness" - if it's not on the policy you will be dropped once you get into an accident.

I just checked with State Farm. This is my experience with the 2 -

State Farm -

Pro: basically the same price as Allstate

Pro: will have car repaired to pre-accident condition (not OEM)

Con: will drop you if you have too many hits on your record (any combination of more than 3 from anyone in the household)

Allstate -

Pro: if want insurance they'll give it to you - for a price.

Con: won't cover any mod's over $1000 per claim.

Hagerty - ran into the same issue as above with not just Hagerty, but all the "specialty" insurance companies.

The only place I found to do anything different was Allied/Nationwide who would write a "Cash Value" policy and would allow mods (for an extra fee of course). The only problem is that even though they offer "Accident Forgiveness" - if it's not on the policy you will be dropped once you get into an accident.

Thanks for the info !! I still can't believe that statefarm is only 137.00 a month for 3 cars. I'm waiting on surprise you idiot now bend over !!

My father had statefarm and even my mom agreed with me that we couldn't believe SF never dropped my dad. He was Mr. Magoo with his thick eye glasses people honking at him he wrecked more cars or damage them. He would try and blame it on me to my mother!!!!

This is how bad my father is my buddy replaced his driver side mirror no less that 2 days he ripped off again !! Two mirrors over 200.00 beans but he will never admit fault he told my friends father of the body shop. That, I did it. :nonono:

Maybe I'm going against the grain here, but State Farm didn't do me any favors a few years ago. Don't get me wrong, their service was great, but they dropped me. I had two accidents: one I was t-boned (they fixed, all good) and the second a month later I was rear-ended (fixed, all good). Neither accidents were my fault, mind you. Both of these accidents were in the winter of... 2007. So come June and we just locked down the sale on the Shelby. I called State Farm to get it added to the insurance and they felt that it was a good time to tell me that they "are not renewing my policy" because they are not a "high risk" insurance company. Okay, come on, I've been paying State Farm ever since I got my license and they'll take my money but drop me once they have to pay out?? Sorry to say but it left a bad taste in my mouth.

I since have moved to USAA and absolutely, 100%, could not be happier. So yep, State Farm is great, just don't find yourself having to make a couple of claims!

Would there be a Cost Difference between Atlanta Georgia and Tallahassee Florida?

There probably is....also some coverage differences based on state laws. That is why a local agent who knows the state laws and coverage implications is always the best way to go for your protection. If you ever have a generic question, you can always PM me and I will give you my thoughts from someone who has nothing to gain in the equation. Also, if any of you are ever in or passing through Atlanta and something happens then you will have someone you can call and get first class service to help you get going again. Always glad to help any SF customer.

Andy.

Maybe I'm going against the grain here, but State Farm didn't do me any favors a few years ago. Don't get me wrong, their service was great, but they dropped me. I had two accidents: one I was t-boned (they fixed, all good) and the second a month later I was rear-ended (fixed, all good). Neither accidents were my fault, mind you. Both of these accidents were in the winter of... 2007. So come June and we just locked down the sale on the Shelby. I called State Farm to get it added to the insurance and they felt that it was a good time to tell me that they "are not renewing my policy" because they are not a "high risk" insurance company. Okay, come on, I've been paying State Farm ever since I got my license and they'll take my money but drop me once they have to pay out?? Sorry to say but it left a bad taste in my mouth.

I since have moved to USAA and absolutely, 100%, could not be happier. So yep, State Farm is great, just don't find yourself having to make a couple of claims!

Getting dropped because you have made a claim isn't just a State Farm deal........... hopefully you won't need to find this out personally :)

• 2 weeks later...

Since you have gone over to USAA, do they give you an agreed value on the Shelby or stated value, or just bluebook ? Just curious. I sell classic and daily driver insurance on the same policy with full replacement on the classics. tony.gay@american-national.com.

My case was the total opposite. State Farm was raping me. Switched to All State and my rate is $120.00 per month for 3 vehicles. Full coverage on Shelby GT and 04 Nissan Frontier CC 4WD and liability on 96 Honda. I was paying 220.00 with SF. SF told me that turning 25 doesn't drop or do anything to your rates. I don't know if that's true or not. But that's when I decided to call All State and several other insurance finding out I am paying way more than I should be.

Hey guys - I used to rep Hagerty insurance and they do cover modified and custom vehicles - but you will pay more than for an unmodified auto policy. Remember Hagerty, Grundy and others whom only do speciality insurance look for additional daily drivers for each driver in the household and they are stated value (at least in California) without allowance for depreciation. Standard auto policies like Allstate, Farmers and State Farm generally will do a good job on the family grocery-getter but will adjust for depreciation. Accident and ticket forgiveness will vary on a state by state basis. Guess it depends on if you plan to drive the Shelby for commuting purposes. Good luck - I know it pays to shop...

Archived