TEAM SHELBY FORUM

Can someone please pop their trunk and measure the GT Spoiler Bolt distance for me?

Hi there,

I have an after market wing that utilizes the existing GT Spoiler Holes but my SGT never had the spoiler. Someone sent me the measurement from the edge of the lid to the edge of the pedestal plate. I need to know the 'exact' distance between each hole for drilling - not a rough guestimate. If you open your trunk lid you can see the bolts coming through (2 on the left and 2 on the right) and just use a tape measure left to right - piece of cake. My mounting plates for the new wing are pre-drilled so I know the correct shorter measurement front to back.

Please see below for what I am looking for. Much thanks! Dana

2008 Shelby GT Trunk Lid

+ = Hole Locations

??” = Distance in Inches between Driver’s Side and Passenger Side Holes

Front of Car

Driver Side + <----------------------------------- ??” ---------------------------------------> + Passenger Side

Driver Side + <----------------------------------- ??” ---------------------------------------> + Passenger Side

Rear of Car

do your self a favor, order a new deck lid with the holes already in it. Have it painted/striped then mount your spoiler.

THOU SHALT NOT DRILL HOLES IN THY SHELBY!

I had thought of that - anybody have any idea of how much a OEM deck lid costs?

I would still like the measurements though! Thank you - Dana

I had thought of that - anybody have any idea of how much a OEM deck lid costs?

I would still like the measurements though! Thank you - Dana

I did my install by eye and laying the spoiler down where you want it. Then from there with a wax marker put a outline around the base that mounts to the trunk. If its a flat spoiler, did the same thing with marking lines. Then with that down, I took the wax stick and rubbed it on the bolt hole then put spoiler down within my marking press down then lift off you should have the bolt holes marked. Then you drill the holes, I went a little wider so you can move it around for better alignment. When bolting up if you use 3m adhesive tape make sure you dont push down on spoiler so you can still move it. Then use a thin metal washer on the inside with the bolt and your done. It sound scary but it not just your time.

Good luck

Anthony

That trunk lid is nasty! I wouldn't even waste my time and money on that. But thanks for the link! I am sure no matter what I do to my SGT that I will have negative and hopefully positive comments from folks. But that seems to be the nature of the beast in this forum and I am down with that. We all have opinions and its good to voice them. I already have my APR Carbon Fiber Splitter installed with the stainless steel support rods going though my Silverhorse Racing Lower grille insert and then attached to a custom bracket on the framework. I have attached a cell phone shot of that. Now I am going to marry the APR Carbon Fiber Wing on the back. Thanks - Dana

post-30176-0-32031000-1315949082_thumb.jpg

post-30176-0-32031000-1315949082_thumb.jpg

Make sure you post up some pics when you get it installed....

GG

I most certainly will. But I think I might start a new Thread with a more official title like "My Two newest Mods on my SGT - What do ya'll think?!" APR Performance wants pictures of my SGT as well so they can post both on their official APR website and then they also want to create a FaceBook photo album for my car on their FB page. I thought that was pretty cool.

Do any of you TS members know of any other SGT owners (specifically a 2008) that have done an APR Carbon Fiber Wing on their deck lid? I also recently found a thread on here about some abandoned Shelby Titus Edition from a couple of years back that was to have a carbon fiber splitter on the front and a carbon fiber wing on the rear. Does anybody know exactly what that CF wing was to look like? Thanks - Dana

Archived