TEAM SHELBY FORUM

New wheels

Car is getting Super Snaked as we speak here are the wheels that I chose. Sending them to James at Weldcraft to have the rears widened to 11.75 states that they will clear the big brake system front and rears. Does anyone have the inside diameter of the Alcoas. Guess I should make sure they fit before I send them off.

Car is getting Super Snaked as we speak here are the wheels that I chose. Sending them to James at Weldcraft to have the rears widened to 11.75 states that they will clear the big brake system front and rears. Does anyone have the inside diameter of the Alcoas. Guess I should make sure they fit before I send them off.

My concern would be the distance from the brake mounting surface to the outside lip on these non-Alcoa's. If these wheels are set-in and do not come out to the edge (or very close), like Alcoa's, 11.75" may be too wide and you will not be able to fit them on your car. The key to doing the 11.75" or 12" is that the Alcoa's are so far out to the edge of the fender well/lip that it allows for a much wider width wheel to the inside. If these wheels sit inward comparision to Alcoa's, that is going to also place the inner lip inward when mounted.

I have a bare Alcoa and can give you an exact measurement from brake rotor surface to outer lip....................If these non-Alcoa's are less than that Alcoa measurement, you will have to start reducing the planned width toward the inside. or add spacers between the wheel and brake rotor to get them to the Alcoca position, or at least very close.

Do you have these wheels already?

Personally, I like the dark Alcoa's, it keeps the Super Snake look, but also provides the dark wheel option to those who prefer dark wheels.

R

My concern would be the distance from the brake mounting surface to the outside lip on these non-Alcoa's. If these wheels are set-in and do not come out to the edge (or very close), like Alcoa's, 11.75" may be too wide and you will not be able to fit them on your car. The key to doing the 11.75" or 12" is that the Alcoa's are so far out to the edge of the fender well/lip that it allows for a much wider width wheel to the inside. If these wheels sit inward comparision to Alcoa's, that is going to also place the inner lip inward when mounted.

I have a bare Alcoa and can give you an exact measurement from brake rotor surface to outer lip....................If these non-Alcoa's are less than that Alcoa measurement, you will have to start reducing the planned width toward the inside. or add spacers between the wheel and brake rotor to get them to the Alcoca position, or at least very close.

Do you have these wheels already?

Personally, I like the dark Alcoa's, it keeps the Super Snake look, but also provides the dark wheel option to those who prefer dark wheels.

R

I haven't bought them yet but gave them all the measurements that I did have, 36.8 mm offset and I also had a concern in regards to the backspace but he told me that the offset is the main concern. If you could send me the measurements you are talking about I could send them directly to blaquediamond.com to make sure they would fit. I would just like something different, don't get me wrong I like the Alcoa's and would condsider ordering the dark ones, however it wouldnt be different? Hope that makes sense. I spent about 3 hours reading your conversation with everyone else in regards to wheel width tire size etc from a previous thread, I am glad you responded, I definitely respect a man of your statures opinion.

I haven't bought them yet but gave them all the measurements that I did have, 36.8 mm offset and I also had a concern in regards to the backspace but he told me that the offset is the main concern. If you could send me the measurements you are talking about I could send them directly to blaquediamond.com to make sure they would fit. I would just like something different, don't get me wrong I like the Alcoa's and would condsider ordering the dark ones, however it wouldnt be different? Hope that makes sense. I spent about 3 hours reading your conversation with everyone else in regards to wheel width tire size etc from a previous thread, I am glad you responded, I definitely respect a man of your statures opinion.

The "approx." measurement that I quoted to you in the PM is incorrect. Here is the exact measurement from brake rotor mounting pad to outside lip of the Alcoa.................................

004-3.jpg

0034.jpg

To get the 11.75"-12" width, the non-Alcoa needs to be very close to what you see in these two pictures. If the non-Alcoa wheel is not at the 4 1/8" measurement you see here, then the lip is set inward and widening the wheel to 11.75"-12" may put the inner lip in too far. You may get by with 4", but if it is 3.5" or 3.75"? I feel it will be too tight for 11.75+ width.

Also, the other number scale on this tape measure is CM, if your wheel guy wants that instead to convert to MM.

R

The "approx." measurement that I quoted to you in the PM is incorrect. Here is the exact measurement from brake rotor mounting pad to outside lip of the Alcoa.................................

004-3.jpg

0034.jpg

To get the 11.75"-12" width, the non-Alcoa needs to be very close to what you see in these two pictures. If the non-Alcoa wheel is not at the 4 1/8" measurement you see here, then the lip is set inward and widening the wheel to 11.75"-12" may put the inner lip in too far. You may get by with 4", but if it is 3.5" or 3.75"? I feel it will be too tight for 11.75+ width.

Also, the other number scale on this tape measure is CM, if your wheel guy wants that instead to convert to MM.

R

Thanks, I just sent that measurement to the wheel company. It seems that they do not want to sell a set of wheels very bad, just do not seem to respond till sometimes 3-5 days later. I will keep you posted.

004-3.jpg

0034.jpg

R

Robert,

Here is the measurement on the wheels as stated

The measurement that you are asking come as 4.5 inches which is about 111.32 mm.

It appears that it might be about a quarter of an inch wider at the face than the Alcoa's. Any calculations from there????

Archived