Its Official : ZL1 gets 580 and still mostly UGLY

2sharpie

Let's see:

4200 lbs

Estimated 70 - 80k price tag

Ugly azzed Camaro looks

Can't see out the back.......

No Thanks

Where is this $70-80K coming from? (unless you are putting dealer ADM on, lol) I've heard it will be price competitive with the GT500.

MSRP is slated to be in the same neighborhood as the GT500 but dealer ADM will push the ZL1 price into Corvettes neighborhood. Why anyone will pay a Corvette price for a Camaro beats me.

It is interesting that the ZL1 will have an automatic transmission as an option. Guess GM can't afford to risk losing one sale to someone that can't drive a stick.

Steve

Friend of mine got a quote up here in the north at a Stealership he is a regular at. Brace yourself $105K !!!! :headscratch: They claim they've sold two at that price. He told them too beat it and call him when they're sitting collecting dust on the lot.

That dealer is talking about the SLP version of the ZL1, depending on which one it was they were going for that much. Basically it was a conversion like the Hennesy or Lingenfelter.

The factory one should be much less. Right around GT500 cost. Which by the way (to whoever asked why anyone would buy a Camaro at Corvette pricing), is in Corvette territory without ADM.

EDIT: To be clear, I mean the dealer is referring to the SLP version when he says he sold them already. He may not realize the new one is different, and may be thinking the pricing is the same. In my experience, dealers aren't very informed about the cars that they sell.

I'm still in the minority here, I guess...I think it looks incredible! Wow. The front end hints a bit of the Cadillacs design..but overall that is a killer car. I'd love to have one. I don't know if they re-designed or changed the interior..which was the one thing that wasn't quite there with the rest of the car.

I'm still in the minority here, I guess...I think it looks incredible! Wow. The front end hints a bit of the Cadillacs design..but overall that is a killer car. I'd love to have one. I don't know if they re-designed or changed the interior..which was the one thing that wasn't quite there with the rest of the car.

Didn't they only make about 75 ZL1's in '69?

How many are they going to make this time around?

Dealer Add On here we come :spend:

:headscratch:

I agree with you. I think the Camaro is Awesome looking. I was at the unveiling, and decided then that I wanted one. After driving one (well, 2 actually) I decided against it. I had no problems seeing out, and the only real problem with the interior was that hideous gameboy controller style HVAC controls, but I just couldn't get comfortable in it. AFAIK, they're making minor changes to the interior, but nothing close to a full redesign.

Competition is a good thing and it WILL force SVT to respond by upping the performance ante. All of us will benefit as the breed gets stronger. I agree with others that the exterior represents a good example of modern American muscle. However, you have to eventually get inside to drive the damn thing and that's where I draw the line... because it's a total FAIL. The dash appears to have been designed by a Nintendo gamer. The other reality is that GM is so late to the party, that after their fan boys have paid premium dollars to acquire the first year or two of production, it's going to become a hard sell in that price range where it bumps up against the Corvette, and at the same time Ford is introducing the 50th anniversary of the one true pony car.

That dealer is talking about the SLP version of the ZL1, depending on which one it was they were going for that much. Basically it was a conversion like the Hennesy or Lingenfelter.

The factory one should be much less. Right around GT500 cost. Which by the way (to whoever asked why anyone would buy a Camaro at Corvette pricing), is in Corvette territory without ADM.

EDIT: To be clear, I mean the dealer is referring to the SLP version when he says he sold them already. He may not realize the new one is different, and may be thinking the pricing is the same. In my experience, dealers aren't very informed about the cars that they sell.

The dealer was taking about the factory ZL1 version not the tuner SLP version. Whatever the price is in the U.S. is add $10K and that is msrp in Canada typically. They are adding a serious ADM on it.

I don tthink it is that ugly but it doesn't fix the problems with drivabilty/vision that the Camaro suffers. I know many people that drove it (SS) and walked away disappointed for the poor experience.

As someone stated above, always good to have compeition. The consumer wins.

"The 2012 Chevrolet Camaro ZL1's supercharged 6.2L engine is SAE-rated at 580 horsepower (432 kW) and 556 lb.-ft. of torque" autoblog

"GT500 is powered by an all-new aluminum-block 5.4-liter supercharged V-8 engine, which produces 550 horsepower" The Mustang News

? .8 liters less than the Cramaro why isn't the GM engine SCREAMING more HP than Ford?

MSRP is slated to be in the same neighborhood as the GT500 but dealer ADM will push the ZL1 price into Corvettes neighborhood. Why anyone will pay a Corvette price for a Camaro beats me.

It is interesting that the ZL1 will have an automatic transmission as an option. Guess GM can't afford to risk losing one sale to someone that can't drive a stick.

Steve

You can get a new vette for 48 around here with a stick....seriously.\

"The 2012 Chevrolet Camaro ZL1's supercharged 6.2L engine is SAE-rated at 580 horsepower (432 kW) and 556 lb.-ft. of torque" autoblog

"GT500 is powered by an all-new aluminum-block 5.4-liter supercharged V-8 engine, which produces 550 horsepower" The Mustang News

? .8 liters less than the Cramaro why isn't the GM engine SCREAMING more HP than Ford?

Good chance it's detuned and under rated.

Archived