TEAM SHELBY FORUM

I need some help on a question

Alloy Dave

I have an idea for something artistic, but I need an exact dimension (within a millimeter or two....so we need to use a caliper). I'm looking for the exact diameter of the emblem in the middle of the steering wheel. Does anyone know if it pops out easily? If so, I can measure it. If not, I'm wondering if one of our dealership people can get one through parts and measure it.

I'm thinking I can make something in my woodshop and mount it in there...I'll have to be creative. This will go in the "to do" list along with the other 37 woodworking projects I have.

Dave

I have an idea for something artistic, but I need an exact dimension (within a millimeter or two....so we need to use a caliper). I'm looking for the exact diameter of the emblem in the middle of the steering wheel. Does anyone know if it pops out easily? If so, I can measure it. If not, I'm wondering if one of our dealership people can get one through parts and measure it.

I'm thinking I can make something in my woodshop and mount it in there...I'll have to be creative. This will go in the "to do" list along with the other 37 woodworking projects I have.

Dave

between 60 & 60.5 mm - I measured with digital calipers but the damn things are so sensitive and the emblem is so easy to scratch you have to be careful. I am pretty sure this is correct as i measured 3 times and was 60mm - 60.38mm - 60.46mm (not in that order). As for taking it off I don't know but I bet it can be ordered like all the rest of the emblems.

Dave -

It looks as though someone tried to pry mine out during the delivery process. There's a small nick and an imprint probably from a screwdriver in the leatherette next to the badge. Not sure how hard they tried, but obviously they didn't get it. If you think about, though, Ford wouldn't want to lauch a flying object into someone's face when the airbag pops. My guess is that it's on pretty securely so it'll ride out the airbag pop still tied to the hub by the leatherette cover.

Archived