TEAM SHELBY FORUM

I've moved on

Rarecat

Excitement, then intense desire, concern, then disgust..... sums up my GT-500 "mood" from the concept announcement to present. As such, I've spent my downpayment on other stuff and officially joined the year two/three/buy used/wait for 09 Boss crowd..... :shrug:

Not sad, I bought a T-56 6 speed tranny for the Bullitt and a really nice driver 68 Cougar XR-7 to keep the GT-E company....with money left over :happy feet:

I'll be here reading away as you guys get them and enjoy, I'm sure the antics will be fun to follow..... :read:

Excitement, then intense desire, concern, then disgust..... sums up my GT-500 "mood" from the concept announcement to present. As such, I've spent my downpayment on other stuff and officially joined the year two/three/buy used/wait for 09 Boss crowd..... :shrug:

Not sad, I bought a T-56 6 speed tranny for the Bullitt and a really nice driver 68 Cougar XR-7 to keep the GT-E company....with money left over :happy feet:

I'll be here reading away as you guys get them and enjoy, I'm sure the antics will be fun to follow..... :read:

It's sad to see yet another one go. It seems the negativity and hassle surrounding this car has done some real damage to the loyal Ford customer base. It's a sad thing. But, it sounds like you've got some nice toys. Enjoy.

I think you did good with your purchases, Rarecat. I'd love to have a T56 for my GT.

While I agree with rpretzel, at the same time, I feel I would have probably ended up doing the same thing you have. I'm a VERY impatient person, and when I want something, it's usually a "now or never" kind of deal. Either you have it and sell it to me, or stick it and I'll find an alternative. It's just one of my many weird characteristics, LOL.

On another note, I'd love to see pics of your Cougars. I've been fascinated by the GT-E since I saw one at Carlisle and saw a nice section about them on American Muscle Car.

I agree 100%. Sadly, none of the GT 500's will sell for sticker if they keep production numbers down (less than 5000?), i.e., look at the Ford GT's. Only now can you pick one up used for close to the original MSRP of about $150k. How about $100k for depreciation in less than 2 years with the GT. Unless you owned a dealership you paid north of $200k. I'll wait until the second to third year to buy a GT 500. Hell by then the Ford GT's should be below $100k and just might have to pick one of them up instead. I have an acquantaince who owns Ford Dealership and they are licking their chops already, anticipating ADP (Additional Dealer Profit) mark-ups of 30-50k. What this typically will cause is many well earning 25-35ers buying and of course financing these cars. Once lifestyles / circumstances change (lost jobs, children, bankruptcy, etc.) these cars will flood right back into the market, cheap. For those who remember, it was the 90 Vette ZR-1 that started this trend. Production numbers were 3049 for that first year of the ZR-1, with a run of 6939 through 1995. The original cars were going for 40-60k over MSRP (And guess what, that was about when the economy had started picking up in most areas of the US), now you can pick them up for 20-25k. It's like Deja-Vu. As long as the economy keeps moving there will be individuals willing to keep spending and mortgaging to the hilt. So question is, who has the discipline to not fall into the trap?

Aw screw it, I think I'll go down to Ford Monday morning and see if I can get on the list!! :idea:

Hey RareCat if you make it to the Springs let me know, I'd like to check out the "E"..

I've also moved on, not really my choice. My father (retired ford employee) and myself had been in touch with a dealer for over a year and a half about the car. The dealer states, "i will not bend yuou over backwards on the prices about 10% over msrp." This may sound a bit over board on this site but, i was willing to pay the 10% dealer markup. Since first speaking to the owner of the dealership my father must have sent this JO about 6-8 coustmers and also purchased two new vehicles himself over the past two years. I spoke to the JO about three weeks ago and everything was fine he was finishing the certification process and as soon as this was done "come on in and we'll place the order." Now a couple of days ago this JO calls me and states something about a new Genral Manager that says they need to get $10,000.00 over sticker. That puts this car into the $55,000.00 - $60,000.00 (coupe) range. I said no thanks i was only willing to pay $51,000.00 out the door (taxes, title, doc.). The most upsetting part about this isn't that the JO wants the 10g over put that he lied to me and my father for over year and a half. If he was honest from the get go I would have went other places in my hunt.

So in closing I am not going to be able to get one (mad scramble on the phone to dealers as far away as arkansas) no luck as its down to crunch time now. If everyone here could help me out and avoid buy the GT 500 or any other vehichle for DOUGHTY FORD in KELLER, VA that would make me feel a little better. If I could help anyone on here with further ford purchases let me know.

I've also moved on, not really my choice. My father (retired ford employee) and myself had been in touch with a dealer for over a year and a half about the car. The dealer states, "i will not bend yuou over backwards on the prices about 10% over msrp." This may sound a bit over board on this site but, i was willing to pay the 10% dealer markup. Since first speaking to the owner of the dealership my father must have sent this JO about 6-8 coustmers and also purchased two new vehicles himself over the past two years. I spoke to the JO about three weeks ago and everything was fine he was finishing the certification process and as soon as this was done "come on in and we'll place the order." Now a couple of days ago this JO calls me and states something about a new Genral Manager that says they need to get $10,000.00 over sticker. That puts this car into the $55,000.00 - $60,000.00 (coupe) range. I said no thanks i was only willing to pay $51,000.00 out the door (taxes, title, doc.). The most upsetting part about this isn't that the JO wants the 10g over put that he lied to me and my father for over year and a half. If he was honest from the get go I would have went other places in my hunt.

So in closing I am not going to be able to get one (mad scramble on the phone to dealers as far away as arkansas) no luck as its down to crunch time now. If everyone here could help me out and avoid buy the GT 500 or any other vehichle for DOUGHTY FORD in KELLER, VA that would make me feel a little better. If I could help anyone on here with further ford purchases let me know.

Sorry to hear your story.

Make sure to post your story here (price gouging thread): http://www.stangsunleashed.com/forums/inde...opic=343&st=140

And here (dealers who backed out of agreements): http://www.stangsunleashed.com/forums/inde...p?showtopic=548

I think I'd do more than just take this...

1) talk to the new GM personally - let him know that the previous GM had made a promise to you (and let him know about all the recent business they've received because of it)

2) talk to the owner - tell him the same thing as #1.

Don't be afraid to be assertive. Let them know that you take promises that were made for over a year and a half seriously and hope that they would too. What's to loose?

Good luck!

I was trying to sell my really nice 87 Turbo Regal, a custom built and quality restored Elcamino, promised my wife damn near any thing she wanted, (not including the celibacy thing she mentioned) was working 2 extra shifts of overtime per pay period and was even going to quit smoking and drinking! At 39K MSRP I was going to spend that ridiculous amount of money on one of the most UN- PRACTICAL vehicles you could buy. Lets see, 14 or so MPG? gas $3.00 per gallon, pretty much a 2 seater, sure to be a high theft car, certainly one you can’t just park any where and insurance rates equal to a convicted DUI offender. What was I thinking? If this isn’t proof that being an obsessed gear head is an illness what is? My HMO should pay for my speed parts. Any one in their right mind wouldn’t buy this car. On a serious note: I believe Ford has missed a tremendous opportunity to win back former Ford owners and keep current ones. We have a love for performance and if we can’t get it here we will get it wherever we can. It’s an addiction. If we buy a SRT 8 Hemi car because we couldn’t get a Shelby, end up liking it and or the price and service that came with it, are you going to buy a F150 or a Dodge truck when its time to replace your other vehicles? Sad thing the real looser here is the blue-collar employee trying to support a family who is the first to suffer the consequences of poor management decisions. KER-SPLASH you hear that Ford? That’s another one jumping ship. This whole Shelby thing is bigger than you think! And as for the Dealers, I understand the mark up for limited production collectables but to go back on your word after promising customers a deal, shame on you. What’s really disheartening is that this is an acceptable practice in American Business. Why is that? :shrug:

For those interested, here are some shots of the GT-E..... Hey, think I could trade this is and maybe get some cash back?!?!?!?!?! :idea:

Nah..... 427 Sideoilers rule! :rockon:

Arrrhhh, will try again...

The JO that made all the promises was the dealership owner Kevin Doughty which makes it even worse. No where else to go.

Boy, that's even worse. :nonono::nonono::nonono:

How is it that a new GM can override what the owner said for the last 1.5 years?? :headscratch:

Shhhhhhhh, hear that?? :shrug: Sounds like a cop-out to me!!! :angry2:

Trying to post pics again....

Dear Frank and Jean,

Could I please have your car? Absolutely gorgeous! I know I'll never get my hands on it, but hey, it's so beautiful I'd even commit to being the "car wash bitch" just to fondle it.

Signed,

Michelle

:bowdown:

• 3 weeks later...

I must also look else where. After owning a 2001 cobra , 2003 Mach 1 I had a glimer of possible landing a new shelby at just over MSRP. The dealer is keeping both allotments. One for himself and the other to sell to the highest bidder.

Missed the boat on a 67 Shelby about 20 years ago. Once again thanks to greed the regular guy gets the shaft. Or should I say crankshaft.

Truly bummed out about the whole thing.

I must also look else where. After owning a 2001 cobra , 2003 Mach 1 I had a glimer of possible landing a new shelby at just over MSRP. The dealer is keeping both allotments. One for himself and the other to sell to the highest bidder.

Missed the boat on a 67 Shelby about 20 years ago. Once again thanks to greed the regular guy gets the shaft. Or should I say crankshaft.

Truly bummed out about the whole thing.

Sorry to hear about this, tbl. :( To this day, I kick myself for not jumping on a new Sonic Blue '03 Cobra when I had the chance. It was a really sweet deal, but I couldn't get the husband to agree.

Maybe once the hoopla dies down, you might be able to snag one around MSRP? Otherwise, what are you looking at now?

to the guys that aint getting a Shelby(myself included- the Mustang GT was my limit :) I know the feeling when something 'too good' is out of reach because of circumstances beyond your control... my 'missed dream' car was a red BOSS429, KK1311, back in 1982...obviously it had been raced, but with 14000 miles on the clock, the car, KNEW would be a goldmine someday...111th one produced- the first 279 had S-series motor with some nascar goodies, had been raced by a nephew of Maibaugh in Canada, who had wrecked another one that he'd raced for years, then he got this one to replace it, wife got sick or something, had to let it go...cant remember all the stuff on it, but it was in one ear/out the other... just had to get that car...for only $8500 bucks, the guy that owned Fred Maibaugh Pontiac in Rittman had it- went out to his house to see it...his wife showed me the car, where do i sign??? I'd dreamed of seeing one for real since a kid- now here it was- and for sale.

I had already been working almost 2 years, making decent money, but didnt have much saved- banks would not lend a penny on a car like that to an 18 yr old...a few depressing days later I walked away mad, bought a almost new 81 dodge pickup, put a chevy 396 in it (gimme a break-429 wouldnt fit) within a year or so, drove that thing the next ten years...ended up with a acapulco blue 69 fb later in 82/83, (still got it), this past december finally got the mustang gt(love that car!!!) but that bullshit over the Boss still hurts...nobody wanted that car back then. As soon as I got out of school was working 70-90 hours a week- coulda paid it off quick...waa- wasnt fair.

weird, 24 years later rarely a day goes by that I dont wonder what ever happened to that poor old mustang...also, every time I think about it, wonder where I'd have been if things had gone differently? would I have tore it up/wrecked it/sold it/restored it/went broke trying to 'keep up with it'/etc...every little thing that happens has some kinda long term effects- for me letting that go sucked. but had I gotten it, my life wouldnt be the same. wouldnt live here, wouldnt have the same wife/kids/friends/etc ...so much is intertwined. just wasnt in the cards for me.

fast forward to last years mustang gt thing...here in ohio, basically forget getting a 05/early 06 gt- they were HOT commodities, dealers were getting 10k over for them too...5-7 over dealers swore was a great deal...well finally got one ordered thru a good dealer at sticker, then got to learn about allocation-

it f@#$%$# sucks. you shelby guys know what I mean. scrounged all the info I could find, probably CONSERVATIVELY wasted 500+ hours reading up on bullshit about the car/ford/allocation/you name it.

sat three months unvinned- watched thousands of similar gts sequenced ahead of my allocated priority 10 order(all of them in the south) after enough hounding of my dealer, they get ahold of regional about the stalled order- same day I sent off a couple pleas for help to some higher ups- l found in all the web surfing a meeting with some ford emails on them- all same structure...and bios on the website helped find some names. Wether helped by someone higher up or regional call by dealer- I got priority (1) DORA complete with the all important VIN (1zvft82h5134068 if I recall correctly- obsessive???) 2 days later- yeah!

Still took a while, but about a month later she rolls in- dealer calls, the truck just rolled in- come and get it.

theyre a bit away, I was at work, my boss and very good friend heard it was in from another buddy- he says, 'go get the shop truck and take Tim to get this car- I want to see it too'...so off we go- week before time change- one of the clearest/most perfect days...we roll in- there it sits, I dont even go in, just walk right over- what the?is that? OH SHIT...the decklid is wrinkled, the wing smashed an inch deep into the top of the quarter panel...screw it- wheres the keys, I want a test drive! no go. cant recieve car. cant sell car. cant sell as-is/fix later. worst of all there it was after all that time, now to seeit/touch it/sit in it/fire it up/cant have it. It was that f'n BOSS429 all over again... but this time it had been a 4 month thing after a year and a half battle with the wife, had insurance ready/financing ready/check in pocket, even brought along clean clothes/CD for that first ride- packed like a 9 month pregnant mom would be- had that stuff in the car a couple weeks wating for the call... Careless carhauler stopped everything right there.

No sleep for 3 days- I mean none-writing/emailing/whatever I just wanted my F'n car- but every day the want faded. I was brainwashed enough, was still going to pay sticker for a smashed car that day- next day, wanted 'depreciated value', thinking I'd never sell anyway, and that would be mod money...third day I was just tired- could still not get a definite answer who owned the car/if it was sellable/if it would be repaired by ford or carhauler ins...6 ford guys called by my dealer all said different stuff- basically only safe thing for dealer is return to shipper/reorder...really pissed me off as three times I was in his office and asked to speak, they declined- yes dealer asked/they refuse to talk to customer. Finally called my dealer said just forget it, time to get on with life- dont bother reordering. Sat back down and got back to work on some machine programs I'd been way behind on getting done...funny as hard as it was/bad as it sucked to 'walk away', I felt better FINALLY.

with or without the car, life goes on- #34,068 was meant for another guy(had Kzinti track it- it did get fixed with disclosure and got sold at another dealer in the area).

Was busy writing ladder maybe minutes/maybe hours later, when my cell rings, Ford Regional rep, calling about the car- I figured some song and dance stuff over cancelling, not even paying much attention...Says got email from Darryl, wanted to see what they could do for me- WHOA...the day the car got smacked up, I wrote A VP at Ford, guess he got my msg, and asked regional to fix this mess. I'm sittin there dumbfounded, he says "we want to schedule another prioity one on an identical unit, cant say delivery, but certainly before Christmas, and we'll extend the warranty out to 5 yrs at no charge..." I literally just about fell out of my chair.

Well I guess there was a GT destined to be mine- but I think I just got a well deserved lesson on obsession- it aint healthy...my fault(too late to order 05 by 3 days)/dealers fault(weak allocation due to region)/allocations fault(this still just sucks)/carhaulers fault(everybody makes mistakes)- whatever...I think sometimes maybe we just get served a little smack upside the head from God once in a while to get us back on track. And I know I deserved it. Looking back, had I gotten kk1311 or gt34068, either one would have owned me. Well #65,535(?) has been out in the salt, driven in the rain, only waxed once, etc...its a car. A fun car, but a car- it wont last forever, neither will I. Use it, modify it, share it, whatever, but #1- enjoy it. I know a gt aint a shelby, but in my case it was a similar 'goal'. it woulda sat in the garage on all but the best of days, woulda never been romped on abusively, kids never woulda ate back there, etc...while I still try to take care of the car- I drive it everyday,kids aint puked in the backseat yet, but I already found gum back there once (never again) but It didnt cause cardiac arrest...I thank God that first car didnt make it home...it woulda been a curse- this ones more a blessing- way more enjoyable if you just enjoy it without making it the only important thing in the world to you.

If any of you guys were as wrapped up in your shelby as I was in that boss or the first gt, I feel for ya, as it hurts- BUT, while walkin away might be hard as hell, could be best thing in the end. Until I 100% in my mind said 'its not woth the greif anymore', that car haunted me...I never really had closure on the boss, but did on the gt, and that helped realize a lot about both of them. I still wonder whatever happened to both of those mustangs, but its now more of just a curiousity...couldnt say If I'd take either one of them even if given...they both took a lot of my life that shoulda been spent doing something else. Let it go if its causing too much greif- perhaps another will come along in its own time- might take a few minutes like mine did/might take a bit longer, but whats meant to be, will.

Let it go if its causing too much greif- perhaps another will come along in its own time- might take a few minutes like mine did/might take a bit longer, but whats meant to be, will.

ford4v429 - great story man! 100% true - sometimes it's meant to be, sometimes it isn't. I'm still amazed at grown men and women who cry about not getting a car.

Does it suck? SURE

Will it ruin your life? DOUBTFUL

Is the world coming to an end? NOT BECAUSE OF THIS

Unless something amazing happens, I probably won't get a 07. That's fine. I have personal and business reasons for it. Would I like to have one? YOU BET! If I don't get one in 08 will I die a 1000 deaths? HOPEFULLY NOT! I care much more about my family and friends - THEY are the ones that I can't live without. A car (although a very cool car at that!) is a luxury - don't let it ruin your life.

Sorry to hear about this, tbl. :( To this day, I kick myself for not jumping on a new Sonic Blue '03 Cobra when I had the chance. It was a really sweet deal, but I couldn't get the husband to agree.

Maybe once the hoopla dies down, you might be able to snag one around MSRP? Otherwise, what are you looking at now?

Michelle,

Not sure what I am going buy if anything. I am going to wait a little while and see if something comes my way.

I am certainly not holding my breath. I am fortunate to have a 1967 GT Fastback 4speed which I started a restoration on at the end of last year. I most likely will put my resources into this car.

The car is a california car no rust. I rebuilt the suspension and engine a few years back. the engine is a little too hairy for street driving. I have removed all trim, and interior of car. Next step pull motor and have the car soda blasted.

Might just dive into the restoration. It will be more of resto mod. 5 speed, differenet color etc.

Really would like to spend the money on the new gt 500. Imagine the situation Ford is in,, you want to spend the money, and you cant?? :rant:

It's all good

Cheers.

• 3 years later...

Awaking a thread from the past...

still occasionally did a search on old KK1311, and this old post from long ago popped up...anyway, thought I'd put a followup on old KK1311, and my 06 mustang gt :

KK1311? well it turned up a while back...

dunno where its at/who owns it, but saw a pic of it on the BOSS302 registry- obviously restored, it found a good home...and a guy did a carfax thing for me on 'my' #34068 Mustang GT- it was NOT sold with damage disclosure, but was repaired at liberty ford by cleveland, and shipped to west virginia where it was sold as a demo-no mention of the damage...hopefully whoever got it has enjoyed it as much as I have its replacement...over 3 years, almost 30K miles, still as fun to drive as the first testdrive :)

its not lonely either- my wife ended up getting a 07 V6 Pony auto- also vista blue, and the day after seeing the 2010 reveal on the speed channel, called and got a vista blue 09 identical to the 06- its still in the garage with a whopping 3.4 miles on it...whenever the 06 rusts away/gets wrecked or stolen, theres a replacement just waiting- couldnt pass up the employee pricing/discounts last november...and if I kick the bucket before the 06, the wife/kids will have a nice new mustang to auction off :) either way I doubt there will ever be another time where you can buy a new V8 mustang for that price... it might seem like 'a garage queen' to some folks, but not me- Ive got my fun car thats the same thing, so it just sits there unmissed, sadly dont mean much to me...still making a mustang payment/driving a mustang, not much changed, the 09 aint a obsession in any way, just a 'investment', not as in a monetary hopeful investment, but a investment in a backup/insurance type thing in case something happens to the 06...for now its just another pain in the butt thing to move out of the garage when its time to work on something...

Speaking of which- Finally got started building a rotisserie for the 69 mustang(sitting since 1984!)- got a freebie 3 ton gantry crane that was going to be scrapped, cut it up to build the rotisserie from- will be kinda odd maybe, but I think will work out really well- a short gantry with nothing on the bottom to get in the way, will be able to roll 360, still fit out the 9' garage doors...and super heavy duty.

still have the pair of scissor lifts and cradles I made for pulling the body off our old galaxie, will use them to safely lift the mustang to the pivot height...think it will all work out- biggest problem will be where to put all the parts once its dismantled, and still have room to put the 3 newer ones and the galaxie in over the wintertime too...ought to be interesting :)

heres a pic of our mismatched triplets:

to the guys that aint getting a Shelby(myself included- the Mustang GT was my limit :) I know the feeling when something 'too good' is out of reach because of circumstances beyond your control... my 'missed dream' car was a red BOSS429, KK1311, back in 1982...obviously it had been raced, but with 14000 miles on the clock, the car, KNEW would be a goldmine someday...111th one produced- the first 279 had S-series motor with some nascar goodies, had been raced by a nephew of Maibaugh in Canada, who had wrecked another one that he'd raced for years, then he got this one to replace it, wife got sick or something, had to let it go...cant remember all the stuff on it, but it was in one ear/out the other... just had to get that car...for only $8500 bucks, the guy that owned Fred Maibaugh Pontiac in Rittman had it- went out to his house to see it...his wife showed me the car, where do i sign??? I'd dreamed of seeing one for real since a kid- now here it was- and for sale.

I had already been working almost 2 years, making decent money, but didnt have much saved- banks would not lend a penny on a car like that to an 18 yr old...a few depressing days later I walked away mad, bought a almost new 81 dodge pickup, put a chevy 396 in it (gimme a break-429 wouldnt fit) within a year or so, drove that thing the next ten years...ended up with a acapulco blue 69 fb later in 82/83, (still got it), this past december finally got the mustang gt(love that car!!!) but that bullshit over the Boss still hurts...nobody wanted that car back then. As soon as I got out of school was working 70-90 hours a week- coulda paid it off quick...waa- wasnt fair.

weird, 24 years later rarely a day goes by that I dont wonder what ever happened to that poor old mustang...also, every time I think about it, wonder where I'd have been if things had gone differently? would I have tore it up/wrecked it/sold it/restored it/went broke trying to 'keep up with it'/etc...every little thing that happens has some kinda long term effects- for me letting that go sucked. but had I gotten it, my life wouldnt be the same. wouldnt live here, wouldnt have the same wife/kids/friends/etc ...so much is intertwined. just wasnt in the cards for me.

fast forward to last years mustang gt thing...here in ohio, basically forget getting a 05/early 06 gt- they were HOT commodities, dealers were getting 10k over for them too...5-7 over dealers swore was a great deal...well finally got one ordered thru a good dealer at sticker, then got to learn about allocation-

it f@#$%$# sucks. you shelby guys know what I mean. scrounged all the info I could find, probably CONSERVATIVELY wasted 500+ hours reading up on bullshit about the car/ford/allocation/you name it.

sat three months unvinned- watched thousands of similar gts sequenced ahead of my allocated priority 10 order(all of them in the south) after enough hounding of my dealer, they get ahold of regional about the stalled order- same day I sent off a couple pleas for help to some higher ups- l found in all the web surfing a meeting with some ford emails on them- all same structure...and bios on the website helped find some names. Wether helped by someone higher up or regional call by dealer- I got priority (1) DORA complete with the all important VIN (1zvft82h5134068 if I recall correctly- obsessive???) 2 days later- yeah!

Still took a while, but about a month later she rolls in- dealer calls, the truck just rolled in- come and get it.

theyre a bit away, I was at work, my boss and very good friend heard it was in from another buddy- he says, 'go get the shop truck and take Tim to get this car- I want to see it too'...so off we go- week before time change- one of the clearest/most perfect days...we roll in- there it sits, I dont even go in, just walk right over- what the?is that? OH SHIT...the decklid is wrinkled, the wing smashed an inch deep into the top of the quarter panel...screw it- wheres the keys, I want a test drive! no go. cant recieve car. cant sell car. cant sell as-is/fix later. worst of all there it was after all that time, now to seeit/touch it/sit in it/fire it up/cant have it. It was that f'n BOSS429 all over again... but this time it had been a 4 month thing after a year and a half battle with the wife, had insurance ready/financing ready/check in pocket, even brought along clean clothes/CD for that first ride- packed like a 9 month pregnant mom would be- had that stuff in the car a couple weeks wating for the call... Careless carhauler stopped everything right there.

No sleep for 3 days- I mean none-writing/emailing/whatever I just wanted my F'n car- but every day the want faded. I was brainwashed enough, was still going to pay sticker for a smashed car that day- next day, wanted 'depreciated value', thinking I'd never sell anyway, and that would be mod money...third day I was just tired- could still not get a definite answer who owned the car/if it was sellable/if it would be repaired by ford or carhauler ins...6 ford guys called by my dealer all said different stuff- basically only safe thing for dealer is return to shipper/reorder...really pissed me off as three times I was in his office and asked to speak, they declined- yes dealer asked/they refuse to talk to customer. Finally called my dealer said just forget it, time to get on with life- dont bother reordering. Sat back down and got back to work on some machine programs I'd been way behind on getting done...funny as hard as it was/bad as it sucked to 'walk away', I felt better FINALLY.

with or without the car, life goes on- #34,068 was meant for another guy(had Kzinti track it- it did get fixed with disclosure and got sold at another dealer in the area).

Was busy writing ladder maybe minutes/maybe hours later, when my cell rings, Ford Regional rep, calling about the car- I figured some song and dance stuff over cancelling, not even paying much attention...Says got email from Darryl, wanted to see what they could do for me- WHOA...the day the car got smacked up, I wrote A VP at Ford, guess he got my msg, and asked regional to fix this mess. I'm sittin there dumbfounded, he says "we want to schedule another prioity one on an identical unit, cant say delivery, but certainly before Christmas, and we'll extend the warranty out to 5 yrs at no charge..." I literally just about fell out of my chair.

Well I guess there was a GT destined to be mine- but I think I just got a well deserved lesson on obsession- it aint healthy...my fault(too late to order 05 by 3 days)/dealers fault(weak allocation due to region)/allocations fault(this still just sucks)/carhaulers fault(everybody makes mistakes)- whatever...I think sometimes maybe we just get served a little smack upside the head from God once in a while to get us back on track. And I know I deserved it. Looking back, had I gotten kk1311 or gt34068, either one would have owned me. Well #65,535(?) has been out in the salt, driven in the rain, only waxed once, etc...its a car. A fun car, but a car- it wont last forever, neither will I. Use it, modify it, share it, whatever, but #1- enjoy it. I know a gt aint a shelby, but in my case it was a similar 'goal'. it woulda sat in the garage on all but the best of days, woulda never been romped on abusively, kids never woulda ate back there, etc...while I still try to take care of the car- I drive it everyday,kids aint puked in the backseat yet, but I already found gum back there once (never again) but It didnt cause cardiac arrest...I thank God that first car didnt make it home...it woulda been a curse- this ones more a blessing- way more enjoyable if you just enjoy it without making it the only important thing in the world to you.

If any of you guys were as wrapped up in your shelby as I was in that boss or the first gt, I feel for ya, as it hurts- BUT, while walkin away might be hard as hell, could be best thing in the end. Until I 100% in my mind said 'its not woth the greif anymore', that car haunted me...I never really had closure on the boss, but did on the gt, and that helped realize a lot about both of them. I still wonder whatever happened to both of those mustangs, but its now more of just a curiousity...couldnt say If I'd take either one of them even if given...they both took a lot of my life that shoulda been spent doing something else. Let it go if its causing too much greif- perhaps another will come along in its own time- might take a few minutes like mine did/might take a bit longer, but whats meant to be, will.

post-1452-1249181764_thumb.jpg

post-1452-1249181764_thumb.jpg

Awaking a thread from the past...

still occasionally did a search on old KK1311, and this old post from long ago popped up...anyway, thought I'd put a followup on old KK1311, and my 06 mustang gt :

KK1311? well it turned up a while back...

dunno where its at/who owns it, but saw a pic of it on the BOSS302 registry- obviously restored, it found a good home...and a guy did a carfax thing for me on 'my' #34068 Mustang GT- it was NOT sold with damage disclosure, but was repaired at liberty ford by cleveland, and shipped to west virginia where it was sold as a demo-no mention of the damage...hopefully whoever got it has enjoyed it as much as I have its replacement...over 3 years, almost 30K miles, still as fun to drive as the first testdrive :)

its not lonely either- my wife ended up getting a 07 V6 Pony auto- also vista blue, and the day after seeing the 2010 reveal on the speed channel, called and got a vista blue 09 identical to the 06- its still in the garage with a whopping 3.4 miles on it...whenever the 06 rusts away/gets wrecked or stolen, theres a replacement just waiting- couldnt pass up the employee pricing/discounts last november...and if I kick the bucket before the 06, the wife/kids will have a nice new mustang to auction off :) either way I doubt there will ever be another time where you can buy a new V8 mustang for that price... it might seem like 'a garage queen' to some folks, but not me- Ive got my fun car thats the same thing, so it just sits there unmissed, sadly dont mean much to me...still making a mustang payment/driving a mustang, not much changed, the 09 aint a obsession in any way, just a 'investment', not as in a monetary hopeful investment, but a investment in a backup/insurance type thing in case something happens to the 06...for now its just another pain in the butt thing to move out of the garage when its time to work on something...

Speaking of which- Finally got started building a rotisserie for the 69 mustang(sitting since 1984!)- got a freebie 3 ton gantry crane that was going to be scrapped, cut it up to build the rotisserie from- will be kinda odd maybe, but I think will work out really well- a short gantry with nothing on the bottom to get in the way, will be able to roll 360, still fit out the 9' garage doors...and super heavy duty.

still have the pair of scissor lifts and cradles I made for pulling the body off our old galaxie, will use them to safely lift the mustang to the pivot height...think it will all work out- biggest problem will be where to put all the parts once its dismantled, and still have room to put the 3 newer ones and the galaxie in over the wintertime too...ought to be interesting :)

heres a pic of our mismatched triplets:

I could not agree with everyone more, my wife bought an MDX and we were in and out in an hour, ford tried to tak on tons of extras, refused to tell my what the APR on my loan would be they just kept coming back with "well how much can you pay a month", on top of it all it took them 2 months to pay off the car i traded in... 2 MONTHS!!!! so my credit took a hit because they did not pay off my old car (2006 GT)as promised, the sales manager offered me a free tank of gas for this issue, that is not a joke. I will never go to a Ford dealership agin, I will only use an auto broker moving forward. Ford needs to revamp their entire sales approach and how they deal with people in their showrooms.

Wow, talk about bringing a dead thread back to life.....since I started the thread, let me update it for those who read the whole thing.

Sold the Bullitt & 68 GT-E then ordered & bought my GT-500 for MSRP about a year and a half after this thread started....

but what hasn't changed is my absolute disgust for dealers charging ADMs....

Archived