TEAM SHELBY FORUM

Help buying my first Shelby

68flashback

My first post here.

I just sold my 68 restomod coupe and want to move up to a 2010 GT500. I am in Canada. There is a car here that is white with BLACK stripes - a 2010 at a dealer never sold to the public. All the research I have done doesn't list this combination as possible on a 2010. Am I missing something? Could it be a stripe-delete with dealer installed black stripes? The seats appear to be all black.

I like the look of the car and wouldn't mind if it was rare, but don't want to get something that is non-original - ie how would it be judged at an event?

Any help greatly appreciated.

Gregg

My first post here.

I just sold my 68 restomod coupe and want to move up to a 2010 GT500. I am in Canada. There is a car here that is white with BLACK stripes - a 2010 at a dealer never sold to the public. All the research I have done doesn't list this combination as possible on a 2010. Am I missing something? Could it be a stripe-delete with dealer installed black stripes? The seats appear to be all black.

I like the look of the car and wouldn't mind if it was rare, but don't want to get something that is non-original - ie how would it be judged at an event?

Any help greatly appreciated.

Gregg

The Stripes had to be Dealer added on a Stripe Delete Car because the Sheet I have states that no 2010 Shelby's came with Black Stripes. If they are Vinyl Stripes, they are easy to remove. Are the Stripes LeMans Stripes (Two Wide Stripes) or are they Super Snake Stripes (One really Wide Stripe flanked by Thin Stripes)?

Thanks Test! I did confirm that the dealer put them on. His price it too high anyway. I am about to pull the trigger on a 2010 Black with silver. We are bringing the car in from the states (the dealer is) and I want to ask for the proper documentation. What came with a new 2010 Shelby? Is there a Shelby registry document? What else?

Thanks

Thanks Test! I did confirm that the dealer put them on. His price it too high anyway. I am about to pull the trigger on a 2010 Black with silver. We are bringing the car in from the states (the dealer is) and I want to ask for the proper documentation. What came with a new 2010 Shelby? Is there a Shelby registry document? What else?

Thanks

To my knowledge no shelby registration comes with the 2010 primarily because it was not assembled by Shelby American. It was built by Ford. You can get a certificate for $40 after the fact that does register the vehicle and provides build numbers etc... I would ask for the original window sticker and make sure the VIN checks out if you had real questions.

You might want to consider spending another 2-3K and buying the 2011 with the aluminum block. Both are great cars but the 2011 does provide some noticeable improvements in handling and the exhaust. Either way you will getting one heck of a car. Good luck.

Thanks

What part of Ontario are you in.? There is a dealer that has a least 6 Shelby`s to choose from & I think a good deal could be had.

Another question I have is: this is not coming to a Ford dealer - they are a (ew) Chrysler dealer. They will do their usual used car check over, cleanup, safety, emissions etc. Should I insist on taking it to a Ford dealer for a checkover first? I know that if you want an extended warranty they do a very thorough inspection, I thought about getting that done.

Thoughts anyone?

Archived