TEAM SHELBY FORUM

Texas wild fire claim car collection

saw this yesterday on FB.........over 785 homes destroyed........the fire is only 30% contained........my heart bleeds for these people and their suffering.....

while I am sorry to see his cars destroyed...........I am much more worried about the folks in danger and the homes in the fire's path.

saw this yesterday on FB.........over 785 homes destroyed........the fire is only 30% contained........my heart bleeds for these people and their suffering.....

while I am sorry to see his cars destroyed...........I am much more worried about the folks in danger and the homes in the fire's path.

Yeah, me to. I can only imagine how the Insurance companies are going to handle this. I would bet that they try to get the Government to pay it. These People can forget help from FEMA.

We do have Team Shelby members who have lost their homes in this fire. See this thread in the Southern section:

http://www.teamshelby.com/forums/index.php?/topic/70037-team-shelby-member-ed-rios-needs-our-support-and-prayers/page__pid__1199781&do=findComment&comment=1199781

SVOC Jeff's place I think is ok as of today, but they have been right on the edge the entire time also.

I would be crying, of course if the fire was moving close to my property I would have been calling everyone at their brother to come and get some of the cars and drive them to safety.

:cry: That would be my escape plan. How does one come to collect 175 cars?

I would be crying, of course if the fire was moving close to my property I would have been calling everyone at their brother to come and get some of the cars and drive them to safety.

:cry: That would be my escape plan. How does one come to collect 175 cars?

I remember the Oakland firestorm in 1991 that also claimed a bunch of Reggie Jacksons cars.

Major league bummer (pun intended)

http://jalopnik.com/5837816/texas-fires-destroy-one-collectors-175-classic-cars

hmm, wonder why he never tried to move some of them as this day and age more valuable if total loss

Keep in mind that the area is seeing one of its worst droughts if not the worst ever recorded. You tie that with 35mph wind, pine trees, and an idiot with a book of matches and goodbye all your cool stuff. As a firefighter, I have witnessed this scenario many, many times. It gets so bad at times and happens so fast, you can't even fight the fire. You just stand back and watch and then go after it when it is safe.

Archived