TEAM SHELBY FORUM

My 2012 Shelby GT500 Vert

Rumors

Hi all.

New to the forum and that of the Shelby World.

Turned 51 on the Aug. 18 and signed and paid for the car on the 17th. Couldn't wait one more day..............because I have been waiting since I was 5 years old.

Looks like everyone in here is going to be a great help on ideas as I have been reading some posts for a few days and the knowledge here is tremondous.

Once I figure out how to update my profile I will do so.

The SVT Performance package is awesome and I liked the Recaro seats because I am not a big guy and they fit like a glove. Did not get the Nav system but did get the Shaker 1000. Feel like a kid again, especially with the base booming from the trunk. Guess I will sound and look good while driving lost.

Own a 2007 4x4 F150 FX (my fun off road truck)

Own a 2008 4x4 Super Duty Diesel King Ranch (my hauling truck)

Own a 2009 4x4 F150 Platinum (my luxury truck)

Own a 1972 Buick Riviera Boattail (my fun car)

NOW I OWN MY DREAM SHELBY.....(guess will be my dream car)

Live in South Central Michigan. (Bummer have to put car away real soon)

Attached are some pic's if I can do this right.

DSC_0171_01.JPG

DSC_0165_01.JPG

DSC_0171_01.JPG

DSC_0165_01.JPG

Rumors Congrats on your new Shelby. Welcome to T.S & enjoy it . Now the mods can begin.

Thanks........Looks like I posted too big of pictures. Said I was new to this. Couldn't decide whether or not to drive the car. Originally thought I would just store it and two days after I picked it up I drove 100 miles. Now I have over 700 miles on it.

(delivery date had 11 and I was not happy with the 11 on it)

No chance I can just store it. Baby is too nice to drive and just store and just look at. Life is too short.

Remember Keep Smiling.

Beautiful car and congrats on owning your dream car. Very nice choice

Thanks. My wife has been into horses for so many years (the ones that eat..........) that I thought why not buy me a toy that is a different kind of Horse since I have always wanted one. Now she wants to drive the NEW HORSE. I might let her but probably will just buy her one of her own as I think this one should be a one driver car.

LOL.

When I called and told her what I did she said okay. I think I might get a custom plate. I checked online and the sate of michigan says this is available.

SHESDYA

Not sure if the commons will understand but who cares.

Our 25th is this Nov. so maybe I will get her one so she will not want mine.

Hi all.

Turned 51 on the Aug. 18 and signed and paid for the car on the 17th. Couldn't wait one more day..............because I have been waiting since I was 5 years old.

Looks like everyone in here is going to be a great help on ideas as I have been reading some posts for a few days and the knowledge here is tremondous.

The SVT Performance package is awesome and I liked the Recaro seats because I am not a big guy and they fit like a glove. Did not get the Nav system but did get the Shaker 1000. Feel like a kid again, especially with the base booming from the trunk. Guess I will sound and look good while driving lost.

post-34141-0-60259600-1315430680_thumb.jpg

post-34141-0-51435400-1315430707_thumb.jpg

Welcome, really nice Shelby convertible.............................

Welcome, really nice Shelby convertible.............................

Thanks. Sure is a good looker and the eyes keep turning and the horns a honking. Fun when others appreciate what you have. Raining today so car kept in. Not many days left to drive here in Michigan before the weather really turns.

Good luck on finding your Grabber Orange.

Sweet ride welcome!

I agree. I am enjoying my 2007 vert. Like you said it's too much fun to not drive and and

life is too short. Good luck with it. I'll be driving my cross country in Nov as I am moving

from New Mexico to Maryland. I was going to tow it, but decided it would be more fun

to drive it.

I agree. I am enjoying my 2007 vert. Like you said it's too much fun to not drive and and

life is too short. Good luck with it. I'll be driving my cross country in Nov as I am moving

from New Mexico to Maryland. I was going to tow it, but decided it would be more fun

to drive it.

I thought of driving to Las Vegas for the big bash but might instead purchase a trailer to keep it clean from road chips on such a long haul. Good luck driving across country and remember the rear view mirror as everyone will want to get close to see your car..............

ALL ITEMS APPEAR SMALLER IN THE REAR VIEW MIRROR but we know better.

Thanks Snake

Nice cars and that Kona Blue combo is Superb.

Question: I have not played with this much but I need to resize my pictures and would like to post some others but everyone appears to have smaller images and mine turned out so large.

Any hints would be welcomed from you or anyone?

Thanks Snake

Nice cars and that Kona Blue combo is Superb.

Question: I have not played with this much but I need to resize my pictures and would like to post some others but everyone appears to have smaller images and mine turned out so large.

Any hints would be welcomed from you or anyone?

Sure, I use the (free) photobucket account and downsize them to 640 X 480 which makes a good size then put the cursor on the pic and click the img code block to copy and paste in the post.

Hi all.

post-34141-0-60259600-1315430680_thumb.jpg

post-34141-0-51435400-1315430707_thumb.jpg

Rumors,

Congrats on a great looking car!!! Enjoy, sounds like you sure are.

Welcome aboard as well to TS. Great folks here.

When you get a chance, please regsiter the new steed! The link is below if you have not already.

David

Thanks David

I have been reviewing posts now for a few weeks and from what I can see everyone here is very knowledgeable and friendly. Looks like a great bunch of guys and gals and I am already getting lots of good tips and many things.

I did register last week and will order the cert along with a signature. Also joined MCA on Monday and will probably join a local club in Michigan. Neither club is close to me and split distance 2 hours West or East so I just need to decide which direction I would want to go to meet others with the same interest and am sure to get more ideas in person.

Still trying to decide if I want to mod the car or not. I did not buy it to race or show. Just bought it to drive.

Might add some billet engine caps and was thinking of a different exhaust system as the stock seems tame unless you jump on it and then she sounds sweet.

Therefore I might make a new post asking for recommendations on exhaust systems and basic mods for the every day driver and see what kind of advice I get.

Cliff

Welcome! Beautiful car...

Drive it like you stole it!

Just turned 24k last weekend on my car.

I just turned 1000 miles yesterday................and am bummed I have to store it real soon........will be a much longer winter in Michigan than years past.

Sure, I use the (free) photobucket account and downsize them to 640 X 480 which makes a good size then put the cursor on the pic and click the img code block to copy and paste in the post.

=============================================================

Thank you Snake

Took more pictures the other day (car wasn't the cleanest (oh man black on black is hard to keep clean) so I might not like them once I download from camera)). But those that work I will try your suggestion.

=============================================================

Thank you Snake

Took more pictures the other day (car wasn't the cleanest (oh man black on black is hard to keep clean) so I might not like them once I download from camera)). But those that work I will try your suggestion.

If you run into any problems posting the pic's send me a PM. :camera:

• 3 weeks later...

Thanks again Snake

Today I figured out how to put a pic with signature. Appreciate it. I tried clicking the code but it would not work and all that showed up in my test posts was the code. So then just right clicked and copied the pic direct into signature and it works.

Until such time we visit again. Thanks and keep smiling.

Cliff

Welcome to TS and congrats on getting your Shelby. These are truely amazing cars.

If you can, definitely make the Vegas Bash. Also, watch for Dearborn 2012...........a fantastic event in your own state.

Was just talking to the Michigan director "Scott" today about Dearborn 2012. Plan on going and they are planning a drive from Dearborn to Traverse City afterwards. Should be great trip.

He was also telling me about Missouri in April 2012 which I plan on attending also.

Yes are wonderful cars. Putting mine away for the winter tomorrow...................sigh

Congrats on an awesome looking Vert. It's so hard to think about putting them away for the winter. I can't get enough seat time yet. Jun 17th delivery and 1658 miles and I'm thinking about going south for the winter so I can drive it all winter. Amazing cars they are. I liked my 2010 Camaro, but it doesn't hold a candle to the GT500. Again, Congrats.

Archived