TEAM SHELBY FORUM

FIFI

I was fortunate enough to make a trip to the Jim Cavanaugh Flight Museum in Addison, TX. It was a very slow and HOT day. Imagine my surprise when I was told to make sure and look for the shuttle so the driver could take us back to the hangar to see FIFI. HUH???????? Well, here's FIFI. I had only previously seen the Enola Gay in the Air and Space Museum near Dulles Airport. So, seeing FIFI was a real treat. We were able to go behind and walk around this thing! Picts below. Make sure and Google FIFI and see some more glorious tidbits. (like the Youtube videos of riding in the Bombardier seat).

Now I'm thinking about paying for a flight in this beautiful airplane on 11/7 or 11/8.

IMG_0024.jpg

IMG_0026.jpg

IMG_0037.jpg

IMG_0035.jpg

IMG_0038.jpg

More picts here:

http://s1202.photobucket.com/albums/bb373/phbw99/FIFI/

Hello,

FIFI is a magnificent old plane. I first saw her at a Confederate Air Force show at Peterson Air Force Base in Colorado Springs back in 1976 when I was 12 years old. My wife and I drove to Midland, Texas last October for the Commemorative Air Force's (CAF) annual air show. Got to take a tour through FIFI and watch her fly later in the day. The planes from WWII and the members of the CAF that keep them flying are truly treasures that we all should support and remember.

Thanks,

Eric

• 4 weeks later...

Archived