TEAM SHELBY FORUM

TPMS Fault and New Battery Install

The battery in my 2007 SGT recently died and I replaced it with a OEM Motorcraft BXT 96R-590. The battery was out of the vehicle for about 18 hours before being replaced. Immediately upon starting the vehicle the TPMS fault was displayed and will go off only by hitting RESET but then comes on again. Any ideas? Thank you.

From my experience and what I understand, you need to drive above 20 mph for more than a minute for a TPMS Low Pressure Warning to reset. If it is a TPMS Fault, it may have to be reprogrammed. I know you can get a programmer from American Muscle as I got mine from there or the dealer should be able to program the sensors for you.

Mine did the same thing when I disconnected the battery to do some work on the motor. I think i was putting a new throttle body in or something. Anyway, the sensor was doing the same thing once i reconnected the battery. I was getting really mad/frustrated, decided to let it go till the next day and see what happened. Turned out when I got in the car the next day the tpms light on the dash was off and all was well. I guess it just took some time for the sensors marry up again. Give it some time or drive it like the previous poster stated. It will work itself out.

Mine did the same thing when I disconnected the battery to do some work on the motor. I think i was putting a new throttle body in or something. Anyway, the sensor was doing the same thing once i reconnected the battery. I was getting really mad/frustrated, decided to let it go till the next day and see what happened. Turned out when I got in the car the next day the tpms light on the dash was off and all was well. I guess it just took some time for the sensors marry up again. Give it some time or drive it like the previous poster stated. It will work itself out.

I have become very informed in this subject. No thanks to FORD and my window sticker.

Back to your question, for the car to "Check" the tires you have to drive it. Specificly you have to drive it over 20 mph for 2 minutes.

Drive the car and it will fix it's self.

:shift:

Archived