TEAM SHELBY FORUM

Could this be the first case of SHELBY abuse?

jaaman

post-6920-1174966389_thumb.jpgpost-6920-1174966565_thumb.jpgpost-6920-1174966676_thumb.jpgpost-6920-1174966763_thumb.jpgI was looking out my office from the 11th floor and saw this at a body shop a couple blocks over. check out the tires and the stickers on the back window. WTF. Do we need to call the Authorities? :redcard::hysterical2:

I think I might puke - this is illegal in 43 states and the district of Columbia. What are these people thinking?

I think I might puke - this is illegal in 43 states and the district of Columbia. What are these people thinking?

What's illegal? Can't tell anything from these pics alone. I have a feeling someone is pulling our leg. It may belong to the dealership owner or any of a number of other explanations. Let's not jump to conclusions without more info. He says he saw this from the 11th floor....did he then go down and snap these pics?

Dave

What's illegal? Can't tell anything from these pics alone. I have a feeling someone is pulling our leg. It may belong to the dealership owner or any of a number of other explanations. Let's not jump to conclusions without more info. He says he saw this from the 11th floor....did he then go down and snap these pics?

Dave

Good point, i only looked at the pictures at a short glance... other than being dirty i cant tell if the front wheels had been curbed or not. I thought they were originally but now im not sure.

Dave

Yes I did go down and take those pictures, and it defiantly is not a dealership or a dealers car. It was in a Body shop in West Los angeles. I asked the guy working on it how bad it was wrecked, but he did not speak English. Besides what kind of dealer would have those goofy stickers on the back of it, and the raised white letters on the tires...........WTF

I say book him Dano.

WOW, that is a prime example of car neglect. Just to let you all know I have stickers in my back window as well, I have one on the top drivers side that says KING(myself) and on the passenger side it says QUEEN(my wife), and in the middle on the bottom I have a sticker that pays respect to my mom who passed away last year, they are the same color red as my car and are about 5" long, FLAME SUIT ON!

Some people like stickers

Some people don't

I don't

they are very popular in South America which has a big influence on Ca.

but that doesn't make me disrespect you

It's great to live in a country where I have the right to chose

a moment of respect for your mom from me :closedeyes:

It does sadden me to see a Shelby GT500 being treated like this

Dave

Dave - are you humor challenged? :hysterical2: The illegal comment was that this car looks freakin' tacky! It was, how you say, a joke - eh?

Clone my a** .... its some of the dang illegal aliens who came up from Mexico to get there ride "PIMPED"

Actually ... what strikes me is the following ... the owner of the car could prob barely afford the car itself .. i would say its a HE .... do to the stickers .. and when HE burnt the orginal set of rubber off not knowing the difference between his a** and other parts ... he just put a set of any ole used rubber that would fit the rims ...

To me thats logical ... and now i think its at a consignement shop since there is no plate on the back

DAM GRINGOS !

Clone?

I thought that at first as well, but, if you look into the hood you can see the powered by SVT valve covers (they are the same color anyway, I obviously can't see them well enough to read them)

Oh and what about the cement block, F :censored: N Idiots.

I don't care who's car it is THEY DON"T DESERVE IT. :rant:

I was hoping that was styrofoam!

:shrug::kuko:

Let's all take a moment of silence....Maybe they can put some dubs on it, chop the roof, and put a hydraulic kit in it? Dont forget the undercar lights!

Because it's like getting Claudia Schiffer for a girlfriend, then beating her up.

Sure she's still your girlfriend, but why'd you have to beat up that hottie? :(

You gotta respect things of beauty :headspin:

:hysterical2: I hear ya, but he or she may like it with a flare of there own.

As they say "beauty is in the eyes of the beholder" but in this case it's in the eyes of the "beowner" :banghead:

Yes I did go down and take those pictures, and it defiantly is not a dealership or a dealers car. It was in a Body shop in West Los angeles. I asked the guy working on it how bad it was wrecked, but he did not speak English. Besides what kind of dealer would have those goofy stickers on the back of it, and the raised white letters on the tires...........WTF

I say book him Dano.

Still not enough info to crucify them. It may be that all four tires were popped during the wreck, and those tires are ones the shop had laying around that would fit. Who knows about the stickers...maybe a speed shop owned it and wrecked it. You can report it if you want.....just not sure what you'd report. :shrug:

Don't get me wrong...I'm not saying you're making anything up or being dishonest in any way...I just know that often there is more to a story than meets the eye. I remember the time I was going to a Halloween party on the Saturday before Halloween. I was dressed up like a flasher with a trench coat and a plastic ....ahem....organ attached to my groin.....and when I went in to the mini-mart to get my beer, the coat slipped open in front of customers. :fan:

Ok, so I made that up....but you get the point. :hysterical2:

Dave

Still not enough info to crucify them. It may be that all four tires were popped during the wreck, and those tires are ones the shop had laying around that would fit. Who knows about the stickers...maybe a speed shop owned it and wrecked it. You can report it if you want.....just not sure what you'd report. :shrug:

Don't get me wrong...I'm not saying you're making anything up or being dishonest in any way...I just know that often there is more to a story than meets the eye. I remember the time I was going to a Halloween party on the Saturday before Halloween. I was dressed up like a flasher with a trench coat and a plastic ....ahem....organ attached to my groin.....and when I went in to the mini-mart to get my beer, the coat slipped open in front of customers. :fan:

Dave

Dave, I read about this in the National Enquirer. Sure sounded true to me :hysterical2::hysterical2:

I was hoping that was styrofoam!

:shrug::kuko:

Let's all take a moment of silence....Maybe they can put some dubs on it, chop the roof, and put a hydraulic kit in it? Dont forget the undercar lights!

Rob I think you're right, in my moment of anger it looked like cement, but now that you mentioned it I think it is styrofoam, oh well thats the only thing they done right. :headspin:

Ditto on the undercar lights and don't forget the big dice hanging from the rear veiw mirror. :censored:

If that clown shows up at Knott's Berry Farm next month, I'll be the first one to stand in line and bitch slap his or her ass for treating the car like that (remember the movie "Airplane"?). And is it me or does the hood look wrong? I know that the stripes are missing, but do the heat extractors look right? To me, it looks like one large louvered opening instead of two small ones.

That car is F'in pathetic.

JAAMAN, where is this this thing? Where in WLA are you seeing this?

post-6920-1174966389_thumb.jpgpost-6920-1174966565_thumb.jpgpost-6920-1174966676_thumb.jpgpost-6920-1174966763_thumb.jpgI was looking out my office from the 11th floor and saw this at a body shop a couple blocks over. check out the tires and the stickers on the back window. WTF. Do we need to call the Authorities? :redcard::hysterical2:

I tried to see if it was real or a clone, but the glare from the chain-link steering wheel was impeding my vision.

No...wait...Brembos! It IS real!!! What a douche bag.

bj

Dave

That was you?? I haven't been able to go into 7-11 since then, and corn dogs are completely out of the question....

Personally I love Raised White Letters, I just can't believe you can get them on 18" tires. If they are available when I need new rubber for my GT500 that's what it's getting, it makes it look that much more "retro" and that is what these cars are after all.

Archived