TEAM SHELBY FORUM

A True Shelby or just another SVT Cobra?

ColdwaterHotrod

Rodney,

Do you like the SHELBY letters on the drivers side rear ?

Just curious... now that some time has passed !

I was wondering WHO dug up this old thread....at 1st I thought it was SCGT500 or Snoopy since they like to dig up trouble around here :hysterical:

As I sit here & type, I still ponder the location of the letters, not weather it's a SVT dream team car or a Carroll Shelby influenced car. I know what I have....a AWESOME CAR.

A lot of things have come & gone in almost 3 years since I wrote that statement & IMHO the "centering" of the shelby lettering looks best on darker colors where all letters can be seen from a distance. As for being on a Performance White car, I like them on the left as intended from Carroll/Ford/SVT so they can be read saying SHELBY. The ones that I have seen like my car with the vista blue stripes with the centered lettering; only the letters on the decal stand out & when you read it it says sHELBy. Even on the SS I think they should be on the left & should have added a badge on the right side of the deck lid to say SuperSnake (like the decal on the rocker panel) but I'm not on the design team. And for those of you who know me, you know where I stand on that issue when it came to stripe colors :banghead:

th_005_21a.jpg th_DSCN1450.jpg

th_GT500_050.jpg

ColdWater HR,

I agree whole heartedly with you on the deck lid wording both left and right.

I've posted several posts exactly to this effect and "Alexandro" keeps throwing in this FAUX gas cap crap and sidestepping the issue every time I posted.

So, I have quit asking and will design and produce my own SS logo for the right side.

I know it'll come out awesome looking.

Also, I'm right there with you on the stripes.

I just read and saw a post about hood pins and the member had a red striped SS hooded white GT500 - looked awesome !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Ck the post out.

Has anyone else added the '67 dash badge to their dash? I did on my '07 and it looks great and adds a classic touch to a dark void. See the badge picture up the post

What are you referring to? Sounds cool, but I haven't seen this. Where is it offered through?

I like mine just the way they are SUPPOSE to be! Centered right across the back! :happy feet:

Image00010-1.jpg

I agree with you SD..... Centered across the back.... Just like the prototype. :happy feet:

Shelby... Love the name the man the car...... IMO there should have been more Shelby on and in the car and less SVT. :drool:

I have to agree with Grabber that the letters do tend to blend into the white stripes but both look great. Just personal preference. I left mine in the factory position.

I like mine just the way they are SUPPOSE to be! Centered right across the back! :happy feet:

Image00010-1.jpg

+1. Changing the SHELBY letters to the sides from the way they were initially on the prototype was a minor disapointment for me. I agree that from a distance, letters on the white stripes tend to be less visible. From up close however, I prefer the centered letters.

Archived