TEAM SHELBY FORUM

My dream car out of reach

Well, I was scrolling through ebay and found my dream car slip away for the second time :cry: , and many of you might relate! The lucky winner of the '11 GT 350 #3 sweepstakes is selling the car for a cool $126,000.00. So for me, this is the second time that I will fail to aquire that historical car. As for the next winner that buys it, I will once again say congradulations!

Well, I was scrolling through ebay and found my dream car slip away for the second time :cry: , and many of you might relate! The lucky winner of the '11 GT 350 #3 sweepstakes is selling the car for a cool $126,000.00. So for me, this is the second time that I will fail to aquire that historical car. As for the next winner that buys it, I will once again say congradulations!

Here’s another chance.

http://www.teamshelby.com/forums/index.php?/topic/69940-2011-market-value/page__view__findpost__p__1197093

I gotta say it just pisses me off that the winner isn't even driving the car but turning it into cash. He has a FREE historical Carroll Shelby automobile and decides he doesn't need it ? The govt. will end up with a huge chunk of the money in taxes and he'll kick himself for letting a piece of history slip through his hands. Punk.

Hopefully the buyer won't put the car away in a private collection never to be seen again. At least the raffle was for a good cause.

I gotta say it just pisses me off that the winner isn't even driving the car but turning it into cash. He has a FREE historical Carroll Shelby automobile and decides he doesn't need it ? The govt. will end up with a huge chunk of the money in taxes and he'll kick himself for letting a piece of history slip through his hands. Punk.

Hopefully the buyer won't put the car away in a private collection never to be seen again. At least the raffle was for a good cause.

Check the newsletter, the winner is at least 75 years old...I don't think he could drive it even if he wanted too (not be be disrespectful) ...and let me remind you, nothing is free, the IRS will tax him on the value of the car.

Umm, yeah, he isn't young, and even if he was 25, what if he couldn't afford it? Don't know about your state, but the tax , title would be about 6 or 7k, added to the 20k+ hickey from the fed...that might be a lot of cabbage to come up with unexpectedly.

In this guys case, maybe he needs medication and doctor bills paid down. Maybe this is his chance to retire with a little extra for once. You never know another man's situation. We may all be in the position where we have to part with our Shelbys one day.

Or maybe he is a millionaire, and just wants more...it's his choice. With our luck, he probably prefers camaros

You got to be s##ting me. Why would you care what he does with his car. Maybe you should buy it from him and then you can do what you want with the car. Remember this is America and as long as it is not illegal, violates convents, or regulations you can do pretty much what you want with your own stuff. Don't be a hater buy the car from the gentleman and feel better. You will make two mayber three (if you count me) happy. :yahoo:

You got to be s##ting me. Why would you care what he does with his car. Maybe you should buy it from him and then you can do what you want with the car. Remember this is America and as long as it is not illegal, violates convents, or regulations you can do pretty much what you want with your own stuff. Don't be a hater buy the car from the gentleman and feel better. You will make two mayber three (if you count me) happy. :yahoo:

Exactly. Just like dealer markups, let the buyer decide if the value is worth it B) . At least someone who really wants it and appreciates it, has the opportunity to purchase it.

Exactly. Just like dealer markups, let the buyer decide if the value is worth it B) . At least someone who really wants it and appreciates it, has the opportunity to purchase it.

Anybody who is upset is just jealous. I think it is cool what he is doing because the price only sets the gt350's price higher. Remember shelby only made limited number of 2011 350's. The prices are only going to get higher in the future....

Kris

Anybody who is upset is just jealous. I think it is cool what he is doing because the price only sets the gt350's price higher. Remember shelby only made limited number of 2011 350's. The prices are only going to get higher in the future....

Maybe time will tell. but it ain't gonna be anytime soon...

Kris

Yes, this is America and I'm entitled to my opinion.

+1000000 :finger:

• 1 month later...

It seems so sorry for you. I've lost my chance as you. When can I get my dream car? :headscratch:

If you really want a gt350 you'll find a way to get one. I've always dreamed of owning a shelby and I just dove right in and ordered one. It makes you work extra hard to pay for it. You can say that it motivates you in a way you wont know until you buy one.

Kris

Archived