TEAM SHELBY FORUM

Appears '12 GT500 production is discontinued.

daveh70

Well I went to the dealer believing they could order a '12 for me (nobody out there has one optioned the way I want). After putting the options together and completing the order, the general manager called to discover they have stopped production on the '12 GT500 cars. Guess I'll have to wait for the '13s.

Well I went to the dealer believing they could order a '12 for me (nobody out there has one optioned the way I want). After putting the options together and completing the order, the general manager called to discover they have stopped production on the '12 GT500 cars. Guess I'll have to wait for the '13s.

There are hundreds of new '12s for sale around the country. Surely one of them has the options you want....?

There are hundreds of new '12s for sale around the country. Surely one of them has the options you want....?

+1...

Dave, what are you looking for? Maybe we can help...

Sorry to hear about missing out on getting a brand new one but hopefully like it has been said you can find one around the country exactly like you want.

Side note: Does this mean Ford will be able to tell us what number our 2012s are, how many we're built, and how many color combos now?

I found one with what I want (red,vert,elect pkg, svtpp, recaros,white stripes) but they are 1000 miles away and I'm wanting to do trade in for a '08 coupe. I'm in Chicago area. Makes it very hard given the distance. Plus for some reason the car has 200 miles on it. Don't know why. I'm not super picky, I would just hate to get my trade-in that far away and have the deal fall through.

Side note: Does this mean Ford will be able to tell us what number our 2012s are, how many we're built, and how many color combos now?

It takes several months for Ford to compile the build numbers after the last car rolls off the line, so at this moment no, Ford does not have build numbers for the 2012 cars.

Steve

Try ordering a different color, just to see if it's the color that is the problem.

I was told by my local dealer that due to the trouble in Japan 3 colors are NO LONGER AVAILABLE (on ANY Ford product).

I know one is Kona Blue and another is Tuxcedo Black but I don't remember the third color..."Earth" perhaps?

What color did you try to order? If it has metalic in it, that may be the problem (as both Kona Blue and Tux. Black DO have metalic in them).

Phill

• 1 month later...

I just bought a 2012 off the dealer lot because I wanted the Electronics pkg as part of my options. My dealer told me Ford has problems sourcing the Electronics components, and is saving all of them for the Edge & Lincoln bages. If you want a 2012 with Electronics, it has to be from current dealer inventory.

I just bought a 2012 off the dealer lot because I wanted the Electronics pkg as part of my options. My dealer told me Ford has problems sourcing the Electronics components, and is saving all of them for the Edge & Lincoln bages. If you want a 2012 with Electronics, it has to be from current dealer inventory.

Hmm, that makes sense. There is a brand new red/white 2012 GT500 with Recaro's sitting on my local dealers showroom because the buyer ordered it with Electronics and it came in without any.

The sales rep said she didn't know why Ford sent the car without Elec/Nav but "someone missed the boat".

I'll be going in later today to pick up my Wife's FLEX and I'll tell her what you reported here. Let's see if she has any info. on that issue.

But *that* would certainly solve the mystery....

Thanks,

Phill

I found one with what I want (red,vert,elect pkg, svtpp, recaros,white stripes) but they are 1000 miles away and I'm wanting to do trade in for a '08 coupe. I'm in Chicago area. Makes it very hard given the distance. Plus for some reason the car has 200 miles on it. Don't know why.

Call me crazy but I drove almost 1000 miles to get the exact combo I wanted (for a good price). I would be leary of the 200 miles though..

On the bright side waiting for a 13 might not turn out to be a bad thing given the recent rumours on the HP increase...

Call me crazy but I drove almost 1000 miles to get the exact combo I wanted (for a good price). I would be leary of the 200 miles though..

Naw, that tells me it was brought from another dealer (somewhat) close by.

I just bought a new 2011 F-150 from the Co. Springs CO Ford dealer. It came from a Texas dealer and they DROVE it. It had 500 miles on the clock when I bought it.

In CA, I'm told that they can't sell a vehicle with more than XXX miles (far less than 500 from what I remember) as "new". I guess that doesn't apply to CO.....

My GUESS is, they got the car from another dealer. Easy enough to check, just look at the window sticker (mine showed what dealer the truck originally went to).

If it shows that the dealer who has it is the original dealer, THEN I'd be concerned and start asking questions.

Phill

It takes several months for Ford to compile the build numbers after the last car rolls off the line, so at this moment no, Ford does not have build numbers for the 2012 cars.

Steve

Steve

No wonder I have not been able to get the numbers yet on my 12.............. Few more months won't kill me.

Cliff

• 1 month later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Archived