TEAM SHELBY FORUM

Wheel lug question/PICS

2sharpie

Quick dumb question.......I'm putting on my extra set of powdercoated rims, and decided to go with McGards replacement lug that is all black. The thread size and height is the same, however the width of the lug is definitely not as wide. Is this something I need to be concerned about. Not that it probably has anything to do with it, but also - I hand tightened the lugs , and then when I went to torque them, it seemed every single one was loose again. Normal, or am I just a car-tard??? Thanks !!!

post-25336-0-87434600-1314994043_thumb.jpg

post-25336-0-65561700-1314994062_thumb.jpg

post-25336-0-87434600-1314994043_thumb.jpg

post-25336-0-65561700-1314994062_thumb.jpg

Quick dumb question.......I'm putting on my extra set of powdercoated rims, and decided to go with McGuards replacement lug that is all black. The thread size and height is the same, however the width of the lug is definitely not as wide. Is this something I need to be concerned about. Not that it probably has anything to do with it, but also - I hand tightened the lugs , and then when I went to torque them, it seemed every single one was loose again. Normal, or am I just a car-tard??? Thanks !!!

The OEM wide lug has an outer layer of thin metal (CHROME) that covers the lug itself... Whereas the all BLACK lug doesn't have that outer shell... More of an optical illusion of sorts that anything to be worried about... As long as the threads are correct and the pitch of the lug seats correctly on the wheel, then everything should be OK :shift:

And it will probably take a couple of times tightening the lugs since they are brand new... From my experience, after hand tightening, I snug them all down with the 4-way... And THEN go back with a Torque Wrench... Drive it a couple hundred miles and re-torque just to make sure...

Archived