TEAM SHELBY FORUM

I'm outta the Club

Whammer

Well I'm outta the Super Snake Club.

I sold the car and I bought a Boss 302 Laguna Seca.

I don't want to steal the thunder from the new owner, so hopefully he'll post up info in a few days. I know you guys will give him a big welcome!

When you get a chance, tell us more................

R

I don't want to steal the thunder from the new owner, so hopefully he'll post up info in a few days. I know you guys will give him a big welcome!

:headscratch:

They are both very nice cars. I wish I had both. That Factory fresh Boss is one sweet ride. I know what it can do. Last week at Dearborn I was treated to hot 3 laps at AAI with the SVT engineer that was in charge of the design of the car, Dave showed me what the car would do and I was truly amazed. I totally understand the trade and the desire to have something different.

Congrats on the new Boss !!! happy%20feet.gif

I like it!!! Looks Bad Azz and I''llbet it is one fun car to drive.

Show car to more prepped mild race car , enjoy.

At first glance that would appear to be true, but it seems that in the real world, the 20" Alcoa'ed Super Snake at a 725 level can also work in a road course venue. The list of vehicles in the opening post linked below is impressive and my guess is that the BOSS LS would fall in line somewhere in that pack of vehicles...................

http://www.teamshelby.com/forums/index.php?/topic/41813-super-snake-passes-them-all-at-buttomwillow/

Not a bad showing, for a "Show car".

Of course with any of these cars, the tire/wheel combo's would be completely different if they were in a hard core competition.

R

Whammer,

Congrats. I have a few frineds who do excatly what you did; swap for something different. Heck, it's your dough and your life, so enjoy my friend.

Jim

I wouldn't do it. I wouldn't do it for a even up trade on my SGT! The Boss is disgusting looking. Sorry OP, just my opinion.

I thought the same thing for 6 months. Then I finally saw some good pics of the Boss LS on the internet and I thought the car looked pretty good. Then I saw it in person and WOW! I was blown away with how it looks. I know the color scheme isn't for everyone but I think it looks pretty sharp.

Here in Canada there are only 60 LS models coming here. So that makes it pretty rare. Even the dealer said (after I had bought the car) that this is actually the first car that they think will go up in value over the years (because of the limited number of them). I'm not too concerned about future value but it will be interesting to see what happens.

I thought the same thing for 6 months. Then I finally saw some good pics of the Boss LS on the internet and I thought the car looked pretty good. Then I saw it in person and WOW! I was blown away with how it looks. I know the color scheme isn't for everyone but I think it looks pretty sharp.

Here in Canada there are only 60 LS models coming here. So that makes it pretty rare. Even the dealer said (after I had bought the car) that this is actually the first car that they think will go up in value over the years (because of the limited number of them). I'm not too concerned about future value but it will be interesting to see what happens.

Keep us posted on what you really miss about the SS and what you really love about the Boss. I'd be very interested if you find you yearn for more horsepower or if the handling or other Boss features compensate for any perceived "loss".

If you love it, that is really all that matters. I saw one in person. It was a LS as well. It was ok, I have never found it in my heart to except the 2010+ rear ends. I have much to much love, and blood, sweat and tears poured into my SGT to trade.

If you love it great and I am happy for you. Congrats

I like your choice, that is one of the ways "FORD" offered/built it, so it is not like you went out and added "owner preferences" which can be very undesireable to the next guy. It is what it is, and I'll bet it is rare in that combo.

How many 725+ Super Snakes are in Canada?

As for future values in the relative short term (10-20 years), even the very limited 1993, 1995 and 2000 Cobra R's are in the $$$ dumps, even the new ones with stickers on the windows and mark-all markings on the glass. Then the "used" ones are even further in the dumps. <<<These would be rare cars at only 107, 250 and 300 built respectively.

"If" a higher hp BOSS 302 is offered next year..................

R

You Go Whammer !!!!!!!!

AS for the Super Snake Club your membership is for Life. As a acting member I'll see to it that the board passes it.

Now about the Boss. I had a chance to drive one around Sebring a few months back, and couldn't believe I was driving a mustang. It was a street Boss and it handles like a full on track car. That day couldn't have been any better... I've had my order in for a silver LS since Dec. 6 2010. Its sitting in Ohio and is schedule to be delivered Sept. 10. As for the looks and paint goes on the car I to think it looks better in person. And for that matter if it was pink with Lime green strips it won't matter as long as I can Track it and drive the wheels off of it. I hope to soon be joining your Boss Club in the very near future. Good Luck with your new Boss.

Super Snake Club Member And Waiting Boss Member.

I found my Boss at the locale rail yard and had the guard take a few pictures.

John: Best of luck with the new Boss! I guess you'll be tracking this car now more so than the Super Snake. Hope to see you with it next year at Fords @ Carlisle. Take care.............Barry

I found my Boss at the locale rail yard and had the guard take a few pictures.

That's great John! Won't be long till you take delivery of it. I still cannot believe the redline on this car. It seems to wind out for forever. I'm so used to shifting at 5500-6000rpm that going up to 7300-7500 feels very strange.

John: Best of luck with the new Boss! I guess you'll be tracking this car now more so than the Super Snake. Hope to see you with it next year at Fords @ Carlisle. Take care.............Barry

Thanks Barry

Yes its my new track car. You know I'll be at Carlisle with the BOSS !!! Just got it off the truck a little while ago. Its safe in the garage.

post-4709-0-20074800-1315449505_thumb.jpg

post-4709-0-45113800-1315449515_thumb.jpg

post-4709-0-96593200-1315449575_thumb.jpg

post-4709-0-20074800-1315449505_thumb.jpg

post-4709-0-45113800-1315449515_thumb.jpg

post-4709-0-96593200-1315449575_thumb.jpg

That's great John! Won't be long till you take delivery of it. I still cannot believe the redline on this car. It seems to wind out for forever. I'm so used to shifting at 5500-6000rpm that going up to 7300-7500 feels very strange.

Thanks I just got it home. And your right about the redline. It will take some seat time practicing keeping the RPMS up, when the Snake doesn't need any revs to make the power.

Archived