TEAM SHELBY FORUM

TPMS Sensors

Shelbyville

Pop the cluster out and put some tape on the back side of it. Worked for me. :D Still have to hit the darn reset button though.

Sara gets so annoyed with me because every time we get in the car I say, "OH MY GOD!"

She freaks out and says, "What's wrong???"

I tell her, "We've got a flat tire..." :lol:

Then I get smacked. lol

hahahaha, it never gets old!

When I first swapped out the wheels I would get "tire pressure monitor fault" on the info screen. Then, after I had the car back in the shop for some other stuff the msg changed to "low tire pressure". It took me a while to figure out the car was picking up the signal from the old wheels IN THE BUILDING NEXT DOOR! What is the range on these things?

And, back to the orig. question - no one knows how to shut it off?

I guess I could cut the bands and put the sensors in a pressurized pipe and throw it in the trunk but I would rather find another way.

• 3 weeks later...

Don't bother with putting the sensors in a pressurized pipe!!!!!!! It was done on TS a few years ago with about 2 to 3 inch diameter maybe a foot long pvc and it didn't work out well. Turns out the volume of the pipe was too small and quickly subject to very small pressure changes and the guy kept getting annoying tire messages anyway. You might find it in search-pics were posted. Mark

When I first swapped out the wheels I would get "tire pressure monitor fault" on the info screen. Then, after I had the car back in the shop for some other stuff the msg changed to "low tire pressure". It took me a while to figure out the car was picking up the signal from the old wheels IN THE BUILDING NEXT DOOR! What is the range on these things?

And, back to the orig. question - no one knows how to shut it off?

I guess I could cut the bands and put the sensors in a pressurized pipe and throw it in the trunk but I would rather find another way.

• 2 months later...

Pop the cluster out and put some tape on the back side of it. Worked for me. biggrin.gif Still have to hit the darn reset button though.

Sara gets so annoyed with me because every time we get in the car I say, "OH MY GOD!"

She freaks out and says, "What's wrong???"

I tell her, "We've got a flat tire..." laugh.gif

Then I get smacked. lol

hahahaha, it never gets old!

That is very funny, thanks for sharing.

Back to subject - This should be an option you would think a tuner would have?

Good Luck!

Ray

• 1 month later...

Sorry for stupid n00b question, but then I AM a n00b - are the sensors ONLY available for OEM wheels? There is no way to transfer the sensors (or buy new) for new wheels? (Obviously none of my other cars have a TPMS.)

[Edit: sorry for the thread necromancy; this forum gets stale halfway down the front page!]

You can by TPMS sensors from Late Model Restoration or American Muscle, and the tool to program them to your car, and that should fix the problem.

Sorry for stupid n00b question, but then I AM a n00b - are the sensors ONLY available for OEM wheels? There is no way to transfer the sensors (or buy new) for new wheels? (Obviously none of my other cars have a TPMS.)

[Edit: sorry for the thread necromancy; this forum gets stale halfway down the front page!]

Archived