TEAM SHELBY FORUM

SVT DEALER'S OPINION OF 2010 VALUE

CANADA GUY

Up here in CANADA ; TALKED TO MY SVT DEALER today ; he said with the glut of 2011's around now ( vert for $ 51500 cdn with free plasma 50" as well) ; that my primo 2010 coupe is worth only $ 38-39000.He further stated he sold his last 2010 recently with nav/ hids for $42000cdn.

I HAD TO BUY MINE AT MSRP ( BEST DEAL AT THE TIME )-JULY 2009 FOR $ 60489-- THAT IS A DEPRECIATION OF 36% IN 2 YEARS.

Question is : do you believe this dealer??? EBAY ; ETC SHOWS 2010'S FOR $43-46USD.

I do love the car ; but I am tired of the line" you are lucky you got one at that price quickly followed by my goodness; look what's happened.""

Comments !!

It's hard to comment not knowing the exchange rate from Canadian to US. KBB trade in on my 2010 is $40-$42k. I'm thinking a dealer would give me 38k. MSRP was 50k on mine, so it;s not that big of a hit. Bottom line maybe it's a Canada thing but that's WAY undervalued.

Edited by mullens

For starters our country is not a car culture. There might be only 10,000 people in all of Canada who know what a Shelby GT500 is and out of that maybe 1500 know the full story. I bet there are only 1000 or so out there who would step up to the plate and buy a piece of car history. Out of the 1000 who have bought GT500s maybe only 500 will mod the hell out of them. I am in to mine for at Least 75K and will probably drop another 10K into it in the coming years. What is my cars value? To me it's priceless I have had more good time and met more people driving it. I also know it will out perform any new GT500 and more then likely the yet to be reveled 2013 GT500.

Bottom line it is not about $ its all about the good times.

You Tobans have been having a great summer get out there and enjoy the ride. :shift:

Glen

I would stay away from the dealers, if you look at the prices in the US on ebay, we are constantly getting screwed in Canada. I sold my loaded 2010 coupe with 14,000 km and no mods over Kijiji at the end of October last year for $52,500, so I may have gotten out at the right time or just got lucky.

Bought my 2010 in August 2009 for $51k

Put 5k miles on it, sold April 2010 for $43.5k.

Took 2 months to get any interest, in San Diego of all places.

I think private party a 2010 is worth $35k tops. What people are asking and what they are getting are 2 different stories. The GT500 depreciates as fast as any American car. When you see them on ebay etc for a good to you price, you'll notice the same car there in 1 month, 2 months, 3 months etc. When they appear at their actual value, they move. Pretty soon Ford will have built nearly 50,000 of these things. They are not rare and do not hold value. Just enjoy them.

Look at completed listings for 2010 GT500 on ebay. NONE sell because the owners have asinine reserves thinking they have only depreciated $3k when they are 3 model years old. Look at this one:

http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/2010-FORD-MUSTANG-SHELBY-GT500-CONVERTIBLE-6-SPD-NAV-1K-/110727041739?pt=US_Cars_Trucks&hash=item19c7d892cb

A 1500 mile vert only bid up to $38k. I think 33% is pretty average for 3 years and what the car is worth. That's the reality. Not trying to be a dick, I love the damn things, but it's important to be realistic on what they are worth.

Edited by ChrisSD

That's probably the FMV from a dealer. You gotta remember they have to make a profit when they sell it, so they are going to give you much less than you might get by selling it privately.

This is also starting into a tough time to sell these cars, summer is ending and you can't drive these cars in winter.

Dealer lots are also full of 2012's and they still have some 11's. All of them can be had for Xplan and A plan. So there's a savings of over 6k off of sticker.

As others have said- there are lot's of these cars, they are not rare.

Out of curiosity what do you think you should get for it?

In my opinion, the car is priceless.

You can not put a price on the experience and memories my GT500 has given me. :happy feet:

You only lose if you sell. I bought mine to keep, and drive. Many years from now when my daughter or son take me for a cruise in my car, you will have to peel the smile off my face. :happy feet:

Cars are for enjoyment, not investment. :shift:

You can not put a price on the experience and memories my GT500 has given me. :happy feet:

You only lose if you sell. I bought mine to keep, and drive. Many years from now when my daughter or son take me for a cruise in my car, you will have to peel the smile off my face. :happy feet:

True story....+1. My kid and I did a big fat burnout just tonight....:happy feet:

I bought the car to keep it, drive it and enjoy the times, not to let it sit in the garage all the time! Life's too short; gotta do these things while we're able.....Hopefully when I move to Vancouver Island next year, I hope to drive my Shelby most of the year instead of storing it for the winter. :shift:

+1 to your comments Ken. These cars are meant to be driven. I also bought mine to keep and don't care that much about the resale value. To the original poster, I agree with other posters that GT500s do depreciate like the average car. On top of that, given the choice, I believe that most would be buyers will purchase an '11 or a '12, that have identical body style and interior, but with the aluminum engine and available SVT performance package. There are plenty of these on dealers' lot, which may adversely affect the resale value of the '10s.

The one thing great about the depreciation is that it allowed me to buy a loaded 2009 Red Stripe appearance package for my wife with 2,200 miles on it for what a new GT would of cost. So there are pros and cons...and since I'm not selling, my wife and I made out great !!! Tana is so happy to own a GT500 and now we get to share our car passion together. She shared it with me before....but it is so much more enhanced now that she has a car of her own.

008-1.jpg

011-2.jpg

009-3.jpg

450.jpg

465.jpg

466.jpg

467.jpg

468.jpg

474.jpg

027.jpg

010.jpg

The one thing great about the depreciation is that it allowed me to buy a loaded 2009 Red Stripe appearance package for my wife with 2,200 miles on it for what a new GT would of cost. So there are pros and cons...and since I'm not selling, my wife and I made out great !!! Tana is so happy to own a GT500 and now we get to share our car passion together. She shared it with me before....but it is so much more enhanced now that she has a car of her own.

008-1.jpg

011-2.jpg

009-3.jpg

450.jpg

465.jpg

466.jpg

467.jpg

468.jpg

474.jpg

027.jpg

010.jpg

That's an awesome collection your starting there! Congrats!

Wish my wife wanted a GT500.... LOL!