TEAM SHELBY FORUM

GT500 2008 Allocation

kstrong

I was told by a Non-SVT Dealership that Ford is opening up the 2008 GT500 order to all Ford dealers with a 2 car limit. I have tried to find out if this is true but can't get an answer.

Where I ordered my car from they still can't tell me how many cars they are getting for 2008. They got 15 for 2007.

They are a very large SVT Dealership. :banana piano:

I was told by a Non-SVT Dealership that Ford is opening up the 2008 GT500 order to all Ford dealers with a 2 car limit. I have tried to find out if this is true but can't get an answer.

Where I ordered my car from they still can't tell me how many cars they are getting for 2008. They got 15 for 2007.

Prior to the 07 coming out every dealer that wanted to sell this car had to fill out an enrollment form and pay Ford $1,500 just to enroll to get at least one car.

Allocation was given out as follows:

Every dealer that enrolled got at least ONE.

A SVT Focus dealer got ONE for that. So at least a total of TWO.

A Full Line SVT dealer got TWO for that. So at least a total of THREE.

A 2005 Presidential Award Winning Dealer got ONE extra for that. So a full line SVT Dealer that was also a 2005 Presidential Award Winner got at least FOUR.

Then once all those allocations were filled any remaining units were divided up based a share of nation. Which means dealers that sold the highest volumns of 2005 Mustangs were given any extra units left after the above allocations were filled.

That enrollment form every dealer filled out specifically stated that whatever 2007 allocation you are given you will get the same allocation for the MY08 Year.

That enrollment form also stated that the Shelby GT500 will be built for 2007 and 2008 only. Approx. 8k - 9k units each year.

I still have a copy of that form.

So far I have not heard anything different pertaining to getting any different allocation. But I guess it is possible that since some dealers got a lot more than the 2, 3 or 4 units they were entitled to, perhaps Ford may choose to give those dealers less in 08 to allow dealers that only got one to get at least two. But this is only speculation ASSUMING there may be any truth to what you were told. But I haven't heard anything different so far to date.

OP is talking about Canada. Last I heard allocation will be the same as this year - all 27 or so dealers getting the same number of cars whatever that number is. In 2007 it ended up being 19 - 15 initially and then each got an additional 4 about 6 weeks ago.

OP is talking about Canada. Last I heard allocation will be the same as this year - all 27 or so dealers getting the same number of cars whatever that number is. In 2007 it ended up being 19 - 15 initially and then each got an additional 4 about 6 weeks ago.

I am talking about Canadian allocation but was told by a reliable Ford dealer that he is getting at least one if not two 2008 GT500's. He got zero for 2007. He is a Focus SVT dealership but not a full SVT dealership. He did get one 2007 Ford GT. He is keeping the GT, has only 2.4 klm's on it. I just want to know the truth, thats all. What they do to us they will do to you too.

Being in Ontario myself, I too heard the same for 2008 from 2 large SVT dealers both of which have 15 + deposits on the 2008 ( from a few months ago !! ). Dealers were Summit Ford and Dixie Ford, both high volume houses. both said if that's the case, many deposits will be returned.

Not sure what they are doing for Canada, but, I called SVT 2 or 3 weeks ago about 2008 allocations. They said the same thing Shelbydude is saying in that they signed up for 2 years on the agreement and the allocation would be the same number of cars. They might not come in the same order they did this year, but, the same number of cars. I don't know if that statement applied to Canada or not.

Archived