TEAM SHELBY FORUM

Nov 5 Open House at 3-Dpog Garage - Vintage Trans Am race cars and more!

Cobrask8

On Sat, Nov 5, join Lehigh Valley Region SAAC and any and all Ford, Shelby, and vintage racing enthusiasts, as the 3-dog garage will open thier doors for a few hours for us to see thier amazing collection of vintage race cars. all run, and see track action!

ThreeDog1.jpg

ThreeDog2.jpg

ThreeDog3.jpg

within a few day's we'll post the exact details, but the day is set! Please join us and enjoy some great race cars!

Dan

• 3 weeks later...
  • 4 weeks later...

I can't believe more folks aren't interested in this tour. :rant:

Just take a look at the pictures in the first post....this is an awesome collection of Ford Racing and Shelby history. The collection isn't normally open to the public, it's by invitation only. Our friends at the SAAC have been nice enough to extend the "invite", and I hope you will take them up on the offer. :grouphug:

I got to see the GT350R and the Team Shelby Tran's Am Mustang up close when 3 Dog Garage brought them to the Simeone Museum for the Shelby Event that I helped to coordinate there. Those two cars were flawless, even up close, and there are MANY more where they came from.

Please reply below if you will be going, and don't forget to RSVP to Cobrask8 so he can get a good count for lunch (I think he is asking $5.00 per person to cover pizza and drinks). I don't believe there is an admission charge to tour the collection.

Z-man

DSC_0037-1.jpg

DSC_0048-1.jpg

I WOULD LOVVVVVVEEEE TO BE THERE- I HAD A CHANCE TO SEE SOME OF THEIR COLLECTION RUN ON THE TRACK OUT HERE IN PORTLAND, OREGON A FEW YEARS BACK

IT WAS AWESOME!!!!!

I even talked them out of a 3 Dogs hat, which I still wear from time to time

I'll be there Bill. Dan knows I'm coming.

I was pretty sure you were going to be there from your prior post. Looking forward to seeing you and Dan. Hope some others follow your lead.

I WOULD LOVVVVVVEEEE TO BE THERE- I HAD A CHANCE TO SEE SOME OF THEIR COLLECTION RUN ON THE TRACK OUT HERE IN PORTLAND, OREGON A FEW YEARS BACK

IT WAS AWESOME!!!!!

I even talked them out of a 3 Dogs hat, which I still wear from time to time

So I guess you are telling me that Oregon is just a little too far to drive out for the day? As great as I think the tour will be, I couldn't see myself driving to Portland if the shoe was on the other foot. I'll take some pictures for you. :camera:

So I guess you are telling me that Oregon is just a little too far to drive out for the day? As great as I think the tour will be, I couldn't see myself driving to Portland if the shoe was on the other foot. I'll take some pictures for you. :camera:

You never know :) I just rolled in a couple of weeks ago after a 2450 mile trip from Indiana.

My wife and I flew out and drove back a 2001 Stage 3 Roush vert, now in our garage with only 12,490 miles on it.

Here's a few shots from the 2008 Historic Races at Portland int Raceway / Some of my all time favorite Trans Am and Daytona 24hr cars!!!

They sounded awesome and were amazing to see in action.. I wanted to drive one so bad.

P1010326.jpg

P1010319.jpg

P1010295.jpg

P1010294.jpg

Sign me up. :drool: I still can not believe it is SNOWING today. The grass is covered and it is only 11:30am.

Great! Make sure to PM Dan (aka Cobrask8 ) and let him know you are coming.

....and I can't believe it snowing either.....at least our dog is enjoying it. He is outside running around in circles.

Sign me up. :drool: I still can not believe it is SNOWING today. The grass is covered and it is only 11:30am.

JUST GOT my AC Power back on to my house TODAY (11/03/2011). It went out about 1/2 hour after I posted this Post and just came back on around 4:05pm today. (6 days without AC Power) The snow screwed up all the Power Lines around here.

A week ago, some of us joined up with our SAAC brethren for a tour of 3 Dog Garage. All I can say is WOW!!!! :worship:

I walked around for the first twenty minutes with my mouth hanging open, trying not to drool on myself. :drool:

I expected a structured tour, but once we signed in, we were on our own to walk around and among the collection. No velvet ropes here, you could get right up to everything in the garage. We even ate lunch there (pizza and hoagies). The only request was that we didn't lean over the cars while taking a big bite out of our food....it's kind of messy to remove pepperoni from a carburetor if it happens to fall in. :hysterical:

In addition of Mustang racing cars, the Hot Rod collection was amazing. Have you ever heard of the "Chopstick Special" built by Lee Shinoda? It lives at 3 Dog. And let's not forget a few vintage wooden Chris Craft boats thrown in for good measure.

It very easy to forget this is a working garage/restoration shop. I walked through the work area....the comments "spotless" and "eat off the floor" are INSULTS to this place.

All my pictures can be found here...

http://s438.photobucket.com/albums/qq106/z-man1234/3%20Dog%20Garage/

Here are a few shots to get you going...

DSC_0012.jpg

DSC_0032.jpg

DSC_0037.jpg

DSC_0043.jpg

DSC_0062.jpg

DSC_0075.jpg

DSC_0100.jpg

DSC_0113.jpg

DSC_0156.jpg

DSC_0185.jpg

DSC_0197.jpg

DSC_0215.jpg

DSC_0256.jpg

Great pics Z-Man....thanks for sharing!

Z man your the best at Pics.To bad the 289 COBRA was not there.

Terry 07H350

:camera::camera::camera:

You guys flatter me....please keep up the good work!!! :hysterical2:

I'm glad you guys like them.

Z-man

Archived