TEAM SHELBY FORUM

Shelby GTS Production

robertlane

SHELBY AMERICAN OPENS GTS PRODUCTION LINE

• Shelby American completes manufacture of 2011 GT350 45th Anniversary cars

• 2012 Shelby GTS enters production, ahead of schedule

• 2012 Shelby GT350 and GT500 Super Snake fill production floor

Team Shelby - Shelby American Inc., a wholly owned subsidiary of Carroll Shelby International Inc. (CSBI:PK), announced the early opening of the new Shelby GTS production line, as well as the completion of the highly acclaimed 45th Anniversary Shelby GT350. Gaining assembly line efficiencies and streamlining parts deliveries have allowed the company to increase production and start building its new Shelby GTS.

“It is exciting to see all the new red, white and blue cars on the lift,” said John Luft, president of Shelby American Inc. “The completion of the last 45th Anniversary GT350 cleared the deck for Shelby American to both start GTS production early and move into the 2012 GT350 and Super Snake builds.”

“Our production team has really hit their stride,” added Gary Davis, vice president of production at Shelby American. “This allowed us to fast track production of 2011 model cars and move on to building 2012 Shelby GT350 and Shelby GTS, as well as the Super Snake.”

The Shelby GTS package begins at $9,995.00, while the Shelby GT350 post-title package starts at $26,995.00 (normally aspirated) and $33,995.00 (supercharged). The Shelby GT500 Super Snake post-title package begins at $34,500.00; the base car is not included with any of the packages. Each Shelby built vehicle receives a Shelby serial number and is officially entered into the Shelby American Worldwide Registry.

“Enthusiasts can build their dream Shelby online with Shelby American’s new ‘Build-One’ program and then have the specs delivered to us instantly,” explained Luft. “This new feature brings out the car builder in everyone and allows customers to visualize their new Shelby.”

Customers who wish to build their Shelby online can do it here. To buy your new Shelby, call (702) 942-7325 or log onto www.shelbyamerican.com.

• Replies 63
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • 1 month later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Team Shelby - Shelby American Inc., a wholly owned subsidiary of Carroll Shelby International Inc. (CSBI:PK), announced the early opening of the new Shelby GTS production line, as well as the completion of the highly acclaimed 45th Anniversary Shelby GT350. Gaining assembly line efficiencies and streamlining parts deliveries have allowed the company to increase production and start building its new Shelby GTS.

“It is exciting to see all the new red, white and blue cars on the lift,” said John Luft, president of Shelby American Inc. “The completion of the last 45th Anniversary GT350 cleared the deck for Shelby American to both start GTS production early and move into the 2012 GT350 and Super Snake builds.”

“Our production team has really hit their stride,” added Gary Davis, vice president of production at Shelby American. “This allowed us to fast track production of 2011 model cars and move on to building 2012 Shelby GT350 and Shelby GTS, as well as the Super Snake.”

The Shelby GTS package begins at $9,995.00, while the Shelby GT350 post-title package starts at $26,995.00 (normally aspirated) and $33,995.00 (supercharged). The Shelby GT500 Super Snake post-title package begins at $34,500.00; the base car is not included with any of the packages. Each Shelby built vehicle receives a Shelby serial number and is officially entered into the Shelby American Worldwide Registry.

“Enthusiasts can build their dream Shelby online with Shelby American’s new ‘Build-One’ program and then have the specs delivered to us instantly,” explained Luft. “This new feature brings out the car builder in everyone and allows customers to visualize their new Shelby.”

Customers who wish to build their Shelby online can do it here. To buy your new Shelby, call (702) 942-7325 or log onto www.shelbyamerican.com.

Hope u do a better job on these then u did on the 07-08 !!!

offer a strip del package and NO SCOOP u will be ok

• 2 weeks later...

I might be in if there was a red stripe package on the GTS black convertible. I would have to check with my advisory board first, Randy - Cobra Scotty - Two Shelbys - Zachman before negotiating a deal,

The BJ is not for sale.......... :hysterical:

GG

I would think a guy could do just dandy going with. GTS I think they are cool!

Hey Robert, or Roger, or whoever can answer this... How long are the GTS conversions taking? I plan to have mine done but it is my daily driver so I can't afford to have it gone for TOO long.

Checked with Roger and he says a standard GTS build should take 30 days or less. Of course you'll have to add shipping/driving time to that estimate.

A phone call to the sales department at 702-942-7325 is always advisable.

Steve

• 3 weeks later...

I have not heard of even 1 being delivered, WAY too much coin for what you get. It could be one of the rarest, but not the most desireable Shelby Mustangs ever built. Chime in if you have heard of a delivery.

The first GTS was delivered back in September. At a starting price of $9,995 the GTS is one of the lowest cost ways to have a real Shelby American vehicle complete with a CSM number.

Steve

The first GTS was delivered back in September. At a starting price of $9,995 the GTS is one of the lowest cost ways to have a real Shelby American vehicle complete with a CSM number.

Steve

So are there any pics of GTS's in production or complete besides what is out there for advertising?

So are there any pics of GTS's in production or complete besides what is out there for advertising?

There are but this is always a gray area which is why you don't see many pics posted. This gray area is customer privacy. Not every customer wants pics of their car posted on the internet for all to see so company policy is to limit photos being released of the production area. This is just one of the reasons we ask that no photos be taken by folks going on the Shelby American Museum tour which takes you into the production area.

Steve

with no license plates or other identifying items in the production area, how would we have any idea whose car it is?

where is the privacy violated if the car cant be tied to an individual?

note: for those that seem to be jumpy or defensive about any kind of questions, this is not a personal attack, simply a question to try to understand the posters point.

There are but this is always a gray area which is why you don't see many pics posted. This gray area is customer privacy. Not every customer wants pics of their car posted on the internet for all to see so company policy is to limit photos being released of the production area. This is just one of the reasons we ask that no photos be taken by folks going on the Shelby American Museum tour which takes you into the production area.

Steve

That is understandable I guess... policy is policy. I just thought it might generate a little more buzz about the car, to see them inproduction. The GTS portion of the site stays pretty dead compared to the rest. I know I plan to have the upfit done once the weather gets better and I can afford to be without my vehicle for a month. So keeping myself pumped about the package is kind of self serving :)

with no license plates or other identifying items in the production area, how would we have any idea whose car it is?

where is the privacy violated if the car cant be tied to an individual?

note: for those that seem to be jumpy or defensive about any kind of questions, this is not a personal attack, simply a question to try to understand the posters point.

Trust me, people have a way to figure things out even without license plates and/or other identifying markings. This policy is from upper management and is understandable from a company's point of view. It is also just one of several reasons the company has this policy in place.

Agree or disagree its just the way things are.

Steve

Trust me, people have a way to figure things out even without license plates and/or other identifying markings. This policy is from upper management and is understandable from a company's point of view. It is also just one of several reasons the company has this policy in place.

Agree or disagree its just the way things are.

Steve

thanks Steve!

I sure would like to see some production pics from an owner who has no objections. I would also like to know if any have actually been built and delivered yet other than the test mules.

GG

Steve said that one was delivered as far back as Sep.

Steve, how many have been produced so far, on oreder, etc...? Any in grabber blue?

hahaha, please forgive my curiosity

Steve

Steve - I have heard that the "first" GTS delivered was also the "only" GTS made and delivered, is this true? If not can you spell it out how many have been manufactured? It could be the rarest Shelby ever made, that might not be the best thing but the rarest.

Steve - I have heard that the "first" GTS delivered was also the "only" GTS made and delivered, is this true? If not can you spell it out how many have been manufactured? It could be the rarest Shelby ever made, that might not be the best thing but the rarest.

Where are all the Shelby GTS owners?

This forum is for them.

Archived