TEAM SHELBY FORUM

The Photogenic SGT !

CMCVette

I know we have gorgeous cars - mine's an 08 SGT in blue, and I have had now several people in the parking garage at work stop & ask if they can photograph my car! One woman was walking behind me for a while, then turned around as I got near my car, & I said hello to her. She looked very embarassed and said what a beautiful car I had. I thanked her, but she still looked like she wanted to say something else, so I paused a moment, and noticed she had a camera in her hand. She then blushed & said she was embarassed to ask, but would I mind if she took a picture of my car for her husband! Needless to say, I was delighted and obliged. After owning a special edition corvette before the SGT, I have to say I never got anywhere near the comments, thumbs-ups, or stares, and certainly no requests to photograph the car! Fun stuff.

I know we have gorgeous cars - mine's an 08 SGT in blue, and I have had now several people in the parking garage at work stop & ask if they can photograph my car! One woman was walking behind me for a while, then turned around as I got near my car, & I said hello to her. She looked very embarassed and said what a beautiful car I had. I thanked her, but she still looked like she wanted to say something else, so I paused a moment, and noticed she had a camera in her hand. She then blushed & said she was embarassed to ask, but would I mind if she took a picture of my car for her husband! Needless to say, I was delighted and obliged. After owning a special edition corvette before the SGT, I have to say I never got anywhere near the comments, thumbs-ups, or stares, and certainly no requests to photograph the car! Fun stuff.

I have had many ask "mind if I take a picture of your car". I also have a 2008 Vista blue SGT. They then say "I love that color combination".

It's happened a couple times with me (I've only owned the car for about ten months) but most of the time they don't ask, and several times they haven't bothered to wait until they're stopped or parked. It's pretty disconcerting to have someone driving along next to you and trying to take pictures of you while they're driving. On two occasions I've had people follow me around too closely and then when we get to a traffic light, I see them in the rear view, taking photos out their windshield. I'm flattered, but I sure hope some idiot doesn't wreck me while trying to take photos of my car.

+1 Same here.

I just happend to look up while stopped at a light and in my rear view was a guy behind me taking a picture of the car with his phone.

I get more than enough people pulling up along side and telling me to roll down my window (strange we still say that and yet the new generation of drivers have never had to grab the handle and crank the window down. But I digress) They come along side and start yelling how great the car looks. Makes you sit up a bit straighter and smile all the more.

CC

I recently discovered a really clean and nice automotive repair shop here in Walla Walla called Oil Haus Plus. Although I have been here almost 3 years I never knew of it. I had been looking for a place that was like this to have install my APR Performance wind splitter on my 2008 Vista Blue SGT. I drove there in my SGT to meet the owner and discuss the install and they really took to my car. They then asked me if they could use my car in an upcoming advertisement. Of course I said sure but I thought really? The next day I get a call and they wanted me to bring it down that afternoon for some photos in front of their establishment. Turns out they are going to use the picture for a flyer mailing for Bosch Parts of all things. I guess they recently became an authorized Bosch Full Service and Warranty location. They said the clientele will appreciate the beauty and uniqueness of my SGT!

I recently went to their Facebook page and they are using a photo of it already for their Profile Picture. Oil Haus Plus

They are to receive the mailer/ postcards here shortly and then will be sending out. They are going to hold one for me so that I can frame it. I will scan and post when I get one. Makes a brother feel good I tell ya'! Dana

Yea, pictures all the time for sure. One occasion when I was out at the Grand Am Miller Motorsports park race, I guess a photog and a couple models came by my car, while I was out on pit lane, and took many shots with the models. It was right behind our semi transporter so other people saw it. At one point I guess one of the models took her top off really quickly and pressed against the side glass. I wasn't there!!! And nobody took a picture other than the photographer!!! :rant2: I did see the evidence of it on the glass however. :doh: I sure would like to know where those pictures ended up!!!!

I always thought my Twin-Turbo 300ZX got a lot of attention, but it doesn't hold a candle to the SGT!!

I've had numerous folks ask to take pictures and an equal number just snap away! I think it's nice that they ask because at least they're being courteous and it gives me a chance to talk about the car and explain that it's NOT a GT500 - it's BETTER!

Just this past weekend I had two encounters, both while on the Interstate! I passed a car and the driver gave me the big "thumbs up", while snapping away with a camera - guess he was holding the wheel with his knees? :hysterical:

On my return trip, I once again passed a car and moved over to the right lane. This guy speeds up and shadows me on the left, holding the wheel with one hand and snapping pictures with the other. He then moves directly behind me and takes a few more pics before backing off and fading away!

Everyone loves a Shelby!

Sam

My white SGT just turned 57,000 miles and is my daily driver. On about every trip of any length people take pictures of the car, usually while I'm driving and also at McDonalds and gas stations. My SGT has a little different look with the GT-H / CS-6 hood and the rear GT-500 spoiler, and SAI gauge package. Recently in Clarksville, TN at a Hampton Inn, a fellow '08 Shelby member spent about 20 minutes wanting to look over the car, he loved the Shelby options I have on the car and was going to add some of my options to his Vista Blue convertible. Let's face it, the Shelby name is magic. regards, Larry

Constantly.

When I'm lucky enough to take the wife's 07SGT0254 out, it draws a lot of attention. I tell her it's a "rolling road hazard".

In between all of the "thumbs up", "rice burners" revving, people honking, and cars swerving across lanes to get a better look at what it is, I get the picture takers.

The most memorable was a girl on the back of a Harley. They met up with me at a freeway on ramp. The hog driver paced me on all sides, while the girl snapped away. They both gave me a thumbs up and sped off.

jtubbs

Yeap....like everyone else says, mainly while driving I can see thru my rear view mirror them taking pictures with a cell phone. It seems that its mostly women. Having a had a SGT-C and still have the Hertz, it seemed that more people took pics of the SGT-C, but I get more looks in the Hertz.

Oh yeah, usually see people drooling on it in the parking lot. I like to sit so I can see that car to make sure nothing happens to it. That also lets me see the people who walk over, like in it, examine it and take pictures. Its is pretty cool. Shelby's FTW!

Oh yeah lots of pics taken of my 08 vista blue vert some ask some dont i dont care my car is all over Facebook and i dont even have an account :drool: Its all good later

I see that Wheelskin is still using my photos of my 2005 GT on its website:

http://wheelskin.com/Merchant2/merchant.mvc?Screen=PROD&Product_Code=DG-3180

The Screaming Yellow paint REALLY got people's attention, which made driving it a pleasure, as I rarely had some knucklehead try to turn right in front of me. The Shelby GT, in that dark blue doesn't stick out as much.

But once it's parked, especially if the top is down, it gets a lot of attention.

I once parked it in the "top spot" at a restaurant on trendy Montana Ave in Santa Monica and we saw 2 different tourists getting their photos taken standing in front of it!

2415.jpg

Yes, I think that our SGT's are always going to grab the attention of people where ever we go. On the road or car shows ti doesn't seem to make a difference. While at the Belmont Shore Car Show last Sunday, I was always being asked questions about where I got mine, how much horsepower, how fast, etc. Few knew anything about pre or post title Shelbys. All who asked were amazed at the relative economy coupled with the looking like it is going at over 100 mph, while standing still. Don't ya just love it?

post-28691-0-23304400-1315952075_thumb.jpg

post-28691-0-23304400-1315952075_thumb.jpg

I walked outside once to see 3 really drunk people leaning on my car rolling a joint with a beer can on the roof...yhey wanted to get high with my car...seriously.

That is funny as hell ; Randy !!! :hysterical2: I am also sure you heard them saying

" We need more beers & pass that doobie and stop rubbing up against the car " :gang:

:rockon::rockon::rockon::rockon:

I've seen people snap pics of my white 2007 in parking lots.

And I get a lot of people hanging in my blind spot ogling the car, which is a bit irritating.

A friend of mine is the owner of the ferrarichat forum. Every year he has a car show party at his house. The front lawn is full of ferraris, lambos, maseratis and other exotics. The first time I brought my SGT the host's jaw dropped. He awarded my the "Rob's Favorite" prize, said he was blown away by how good-looking my car was. This is a guy with two Ferraris and a maserati.

But the best was when I was getting gas, waiting for the pump to stop. A cute brunette (half my age) in a Focus drove in front of me, rolled down her window and said with a big smile " I just want to tell you your car looks great!"

Made my day

I was sitting at a light turning left and a dodge ram is turning right as it approaches me. The truck stops mid turn the guys in the truck are giving me the thumbs up and the driver snaps a shot out the window. My wife looks over and says "seriously"? I say yep don't you just love the Shelby!

Archived