TEAM SHELBY FORUM

Installation of Factory GT Spoiler - Template/ Measurements?

Hi there gang,

I'd like to install/ add the factory GT spoiler that was originally deleted from our SGT's. Does anybody have a template or the exact measurements of where the bolt holes should be drilled through the trunk lid? Thanks so much in advance! Dana

Hi there gang,

I'd like to install/ add the factory GT spoiler that was originally deleted from our SGT's. Does anybody have a template or the exact measurements of where the bolt holes should be drilled through the trunk lid? Thanks so much in advance! Dana

The GT spoiler and the GT-500 spoiler share the same bolt hole pattern through the trunk. As the spoiler is also a "dealer option" then I think your local Ford dealer should have the template OR it (template) may even come with the OEM Ford GT spoiler. I would be careful buying a non-Ford spoiler as there is such a variety of quality out there among the after-market crowd. Good luck with your project.

The GT spoiler and the GT-500 spoiler share the same bolt hole pattern through the trunk. As the spoiler is also a "dealer option" then I think your local Ford dealer should have the template OR it (template) may even come with the OEM Ford GT spoiler. I would be careful buying a non-Ford spoiler as there is such a variety of quality out there among the after-market crowd. Good luck with your project.

Hi and thanks for the response. Actually, I am going with another manufacturers spoiler but it does utilize the 2 original GT holes if I were to have had one mounted. That is why I was hoping someone had some measurements. I can always find my spots myself once I get the new spoiler ready to go. Dana

Hi and thanks for the response. Actually, I am going with another manufacturers spoiler but it does utilize the 2 original GT holes if I were to have had one mounted. That is why I was hoping someone had some measurements. I can always find my spots myself once I get the new spoiler ready to go. Dana

Dana, just an FYI, the original Ford spoilers for 2006 and 2007 use 4 holes and double face tape. regards, Larry

From trunk lid edge to the edge of the base is 8 5/8", from the rear lip to the rear base edge is 1/2". tape off the area and traced out the bases. Put the studs in the spoiler, lined it back up to the marks. 4 holes later, bit of primer and paint its on

http://www.ehow.com/how_6146709_install-rear-spoiler-2005-mustang.html

Hope it helps

Archived