TEAM SHELBY FORUM

Floor Mat Delete option

daveh70

Does anybody know why someone would order the "floor mat delete" option on the '12 GT500?

There are probably several different reasons. I know there are a lot of car owners out there that believe floor mats are for the second (or more) owner to use for covering up worn carpet from the first owner. I'm serious about this. In their mind the brand new carpet is for them to wear out and the next owner can purchase mats to cover up the worn out carpet.

Also keep in mind that factory floor mats were not that common until the 1980's. Most car owners didn't purchase floor mats until the carpet was worn and then the floor mats they purchased were usually rubber or if you were cool you purchased expensive coco mats.

The bigger question is do you recieve a credit for deleting the floor mats, if so how much is the credit?

Steve

There are probably several different reasons. I know there are a lot of car owners out there that believe floor mats are for the second (or more) owner to use for covering up worn carpet from the first owner. I'm serious about this. In their mind the brand new carpet is for them to wear out and the next owner can purchase mats to cover up the worn out carpet.

Also keep in mind that factory floor mats were not that common until the 1980's. Most car owners didn't purchase floor mats until the carpet was worn and then the floor mats they purchased were usually rubber or if you were cool you purchased expensive coco mats.

The bigger question is do you recieve a credit for deleting the floor mats, if so how much is the credit?

Steve

agree--could also be they didnt like the stock mats and wanted an aftermarket mat--i replaced mine with Lloyds mats--much thicker and better looking

I laid my mats in the trunk after using them for a week or so; I put in some nice fitted Husky rubber mats which come up on the sides to avoid debris from falling over the edges. I really like them. I hear good things about the Weather Techs too.

I have to agree that if there is no $$ credit why wouldn't you take them? You could sell them to someone else. You could use them when taking the car into the shop. You could put them away for twenty years and hope they become valuable.

The best part is, go to your local dealership parts department and see how much they want for these mats. I'm confident they are not free so why Ford says no credit if you delete them makes no sense. Of course Ford will probably claim it costs money to delete the mats as that causes extra work for the line workers.

Steve

Archived