TEAM SHELBY FORUM

Went Fishing tonight - reeled in a vette

iceman

Had a nice little run with a vette tonight. Not sure what year - 90's of some sort i would bet and he had to have done some work - at the very least changed up the exhaust. His car was avout the best sounding vette I've heard in years.

I was in the left turn lane and he pulled up next to me and revved it a bit. Light changed so I pulled in behind him and we had nothing but open road for a while. From about 40 he hammered it and I jumped on it. Slowly reeled him in until about 90-95 and I put it in 4th and closed easily at will. We had a stretch coming up that was 2 lanes and there was only one car there waiting at a red light. As we pulled up Dammit - unmarked cop car.....I guess we should be happy we rolled up to the light and saw him but it looked like such a great place for reindeer games. I turned off at the next chance and went back where I cam from but chalk one up for the Shelby with the 2 fat guys (me and my neighbor) over the vettes. His car was pretty quick and sounded great though - nice to have a vette come looking for me for once too :)

Had a nice little run with a vette tonight. Not sure what year - 90's of some sort i would bet and he had to have done some work - at the very least changed up the exhaust. His car was avout the best sounding vette I've heard in years.

I was in the left turn lane and he pulled up next to me and revved it a bit. Light changed so I pulled in behind him and we had nothing but open road for a while. From about 40 he hammered it and I jumped on it. Slowly reeled him in until about 90-95 and I put it in 4th and closed easily at will. We had a stretch coming up that was 2 lanes and there was only one car there waiting at a red light. As we pulled up Dammit - unmarked cop car.....I guess we should be happy we rolled up to the light and saw him but it looked like such a great place for reindeer games. I turned off at the next chance and went back where I cam from but chalk one up for the Shelby with the 2 fat guys (me and my neighbor) over the vettes. His car was pretty quick and sounded great though - nice to have a vette come looking for me for once too :)

I hope evil doesn't read this :hysterical2:

Glad to see you put them in their place!

Oh for the Love of GOD.... Do not let Evil95GT see this post....... Run Away....Hide.... Call the Marines! ... Even Change the POST name to something like "AXLE CHANGE" or something.

But on my side ... Great Job!

That’s what we all bought these cars for. Even though some won’t admit it, but we Did, I know i Did.

Semper FI!

post-8247-1174962117_thumb.jpg

post-8247-1174962117_thumb.jpg

Go get 'em Ice...but save some for me!! :) Once they take beatin' from yours, they'll probably be so humbled they won't even try with my stocker.

So far I've only had teenagers with rundown imports. Why do they even try? :rolleyes:

They try because they don't know any better. They still have a squirrel brain. I know I did at that age. I just let them go on their way thinking they are special. I save my ponies for the big guns. Haven't been challenged by a vette yet but I am sure it will happen as more hit the road when our weather breaks. I am ready.

Archived