TEAM SHELBY FORUM

$2000 Question

Okay guys and girls, my wife has been overly generous to me and decided to give me a $2000 allowance in order to do whatever i please with my car. My plan is boosting performance on the car and possibly trying to strengthen up the rear to put the power down. I know I cannot do much with $2000 but hey, this is what my finance manager allowed me to get at the time. What would you do, or should I say what should I do with the money she given me?

pulley/tune package

http://www.vmptuning.com/store/index.php?p=product&id=346&parent=88

Roush exhaust (I have the Roush offroad catbacks on my 2010 but i've read that these sound very similar. Im assuming you have a 2011/12)

http://www.americanmuscle.com/roush-axleback-2011gt.html

lower it with something like this

http://www.lethalperformance.com/2011-shelby-gt500-suspension-suspension-packages-eibach-c-8485_9440_9490_9498/eibach-07-2010-shelby-gt500-pro-system-lowering-kit-p-33379

Yes I have a 2011. I was debating between the Roush exhaust and the FRPP sport. I also have my eyes on the VPM pulley and 90mm idler. What would this do besides raise boost? Any reason why I should be interested in this for my stock S/C?

The VMP pulley, idler and tune makes the 2011 the beast it should have always been. Makes the blower whine like crazy! Well worth it..... Some people say if you plan on doing a supercharger upgrade then not to waste your money on improving your stock blower. But, for around $650 or so. Its worth it !

Yeah I do plan on upgrading down the road but if i can squeeze more power from my stock parts then I would love to go that route for now. I priced the VPM pully and idler set and it didn't run nowhere near $650. What else you have included in that price?

From experience this is what I would suggest. VMP (not just beacuse Justin is a sponsor but because he does the best tuner kit with the most consistant/trouble free results) S/C pulley kit with puller, SCT tune, air filter and whatever CAI you choose. I have the JLT carbon fiber one but you can get cheaper if you want. Dont mess with any suspension upgrades because they will blow your $2000 buget. Buy either the Nitto 555R drag radials or Toyo R888 tires. With the power increase one of these tires is a MUST.

You will have a little left over and there are several ways to go. AFCO dual fan HE is a good way to go if you live in the heat. The IW 10% or 15% balencer is awesome combined with the S/C pulley.

Bottom line, more power and traction to hold the power. Hope that helps.

Okay guys and girls, my wife has been overly generous to me and decided to give me a $2000 allowance in order to do whatever i please with my car. My plan is boosting performance on the car and possibly trying to strengthen up the rear to put the power down. I know I cannot do much with $2000 but hey, this is what my finance manager allowed me to get at the time. What would you do, or should I say what should I do with the money she given me?

I would take the 2k and buy my wife some nice bling, then in a couple of months use that as leverage on getting my upgraded blower(TVS or KB) so I could gain some real HP!!! B)

@Cobras55... That won't work with my wife. I tried something similar years ago and it fell through. I will try 2011 P8J's route and see where this will get me. I really have no need for tire upgrade now since the car spends a lot of time in the garage so I'll probably upgrade the mufflers just to give it a little more growl. Thanks for the help and I'm putting my order together and probably going to submit this evening.

Yeah I do plan on upgrading down the road but if i can squeeze more power from my stock parts then I would love to go that route for now. I priced the VPM pully and idler set and it didn't run nowhere near $650. What else you have included in that price?

the expensive part of the package is the tuner/tune. you can get a pulley and idler cheap. you need the tuner so that after you swap the pulley out you can just plug in the tuner and upload the new tune that Justin will provide. You can just replace the pulley and the car will still run ok but you won't get the full benefit of the smaller pulley/more boost unless you get the new tune with it.

Pulley, idler and TUNE. VMP $659

Shelby or c&r heat exchanger with dual fans. If your turning up the boost its a great supporting mod so the car doesn't throw timing. the is 15% off right now from the shelby store. I just ordered mine, came out to 673 shipped! Drag radials?

I second the pulley, tune, exhaust, silencer package.

I just put a 2.59 pulley and Lund tune on my 12, (partially because I couldnt get a hold of Justin to upgrade my 2010 tune, I did get an email and will probably spend the money to get that tune to and compare them). I can say that for under 2k the pulley, tune, and exhaust is the fastest, coolest route for a large and very noticable increase. You can worry about handling later, and improve that incrementally.

I also removed the silencer on the intake for $60, no gain, looks better, adds more whine.

It woke up my prior 2010, the Lund tune turned the 12 into a monster, I am sure VMPs tune is as good.

Another vote for the VMP......man does it do wonders for the car. You definitely need to go with a dual fan H/E, But I agree with mgmustang1 -- do the Shelby (on sale at the Shelby store) or check with Van from RevanRacing. Too many posts about problems with the AFCO on here and svtperformance.com. As for exhaust...........Roush hands down.

Not sure what you've done to enhance the exterior, however, what about doing a 60/40 $$ split of performance mods and exterior visual enhancements?

Please post a picture of vehicle as it looks now.

The only exterior enhancement I have done to my car is put a car cover on it. lol. Honestly, I don't want to do anything to the exterior with the exception of finding a company to make a set of one off American Racing Shelby rims in 20". My vehicle is posted on here already under goodwin74. I had to use my Facebook to get access back to the forum because i forgotten my password.

I am going to buy whatever makes me happy and whatever I like but I'm not the type that's going to blow my hard earned money on upgrades and neglect my family. I have things I want to do to my ride and I'm trying to make a sound judgement on what comes first. Besides, I'm in Afghanistan for a reason. I'm a contractor her making money so that I can provide a better life for my children, so whatever play money I get I'm grateful for it because damn near everything I make is for my wife and kids. That's how I choose to place my money. She just wanted to see me do something for myself for a change. But all in all I don't have a reason to tell her to get over something if she haven't done anything wrong.

I am going to buy whatever makes me happy and whatever I like but I'm not the type that's going to blow my hard earned money on upgrades and neglect my family. I have things I want to do to my ride and I'm trying to make a sound judgement on what comes first. Besides, I'm in Afghanistan for a reason. I'm a contractor her making money so that I can provide a better life for my children, so whatever play money I get I'm grateful for it because damn near everything I make is for my wife and kids. That's how I choose to place my money. She just wanted to see me do something for myself for a change. But all in all I don't have a reason to tell her to get over something if she haven't done anything wrong.

You did do something for yourself, you bought a Shelby.....just saying,,,, you got good values man, good to here...GL.....

Thanks, but I didn't buy this, my wife bought it for me. I was stuck between three cars, Jaguar XKR, Chevy Corvette Z06, and the Shelby. I did my research but was still undecided even though I was leaning heavily on the Shelby. She suprised me with the purchase and I've been happy ever since.

That's awesome.... I'm def. Not a Chevy fan but that Zo6 would of been a tough choice. Value wise I'd prob say Zo6,,,but overall car I'm all about the Shelby, good taste the wifes got ...

Archived