TEAM SHELBY FORUM

size of tires

lfleiva

I'm buying the ss wheels. I have a 2011 GT 500 with eibach springs . Which tire size do you recommend 285/35/ZR20 rear or 285/30/ZR20 rear please advise.

also im putting pirellis Pzero any recommendations??

I'm buying the ss wheels. I have a 2011 GT 500 with eibach springs . Which tire size do you recommend 285/35/ZR20 rear or 285/30/ZR20 rear please advise.

also im putting pirellis Pzero any recommendations??

If you run a 285 on a 20x10 ss wheel with a 36.7 offset in the rear I am pretty sure your tire will stick out past the fender by 1/4-3/8 inch. Shelby runs 275.

285/30 is similar to stock height. On a lowered car I would think you would want to avoid getting the tire size taller than stock as well especially with the offset issues I think you will run into.

I am not an expert and do not have SS wheels so take my 2cents in perspective. Hopefully someone will chime in that has SS wheels. Good luck on the wheels.

Supersnakes come with a 255/35/20 up front and a 275/35/20 out back....those are the sizes on my wheels in my signature. I have seen threads where people went with a 285/30/20.

I "think" a 285/35/20 can be installed without having any rubbing issues, but this is something I recommend having a tire shop tell you.

Archived