TEAM SHELBY FORUM

A favor to ask... Crank Pulley 'depth'

So, for those who wish to hear... there is a fairly long story to my weekend of road racing at HPR over the 20th and 21st. Long story short... I had a blast... ran some damn good times... chewed off 4 of 6 ribs of my serpentine belt... might have blown a seal on my Whipple snout... melted the FRPP/Whipple decals right off the side of the SC... thoroughly melted my new unmeltable super duper Hawk HP+ brake pads... ya, that about covers the short version. Did I mention it was hot? Did someone ELSE mention something about eventually needing to upgrade heat exchangers? Ya, winter project, here we come...

Anyway, thanks to fellow TS member, I've got a new(ish) Thump RRR HD tensioner coming and 2 new belts from Napa on Tuesday. But here's my first question...

Can anyone with an SGT please tell me the clearance between outer back edge of their crank pulley and the engine cover? When my belt shredded (not completely, but almost), it was obviously jumping ribs since the clean edge was 4 ribs in and the shredded edge was up against the back of the pulley. But oddly, the crank pulley was one rib off all the other pulleys. I just want to know the clearance of a crank pulley of an SGT, preferably never modified, so I can be assured that my crank pulley is fully bedded and not off by a mm or 2. I did have some trouble reinstalling it before the Whipple install and now I'm wonderin' if it made it all the way back on... OR if I have nothing to worry about and the crank pulley just didn't jump that last rib by the time I saw it.

Thanks in advance.

So, for those who wish to hear... there is a fairly long story to my weekend of road racing at HPR over the 20th and 21st. Long story short... I had a blast... ran some damn good times... chewed off 4 of 6 ribs of my serpentine belt... might have blown a seal on my Whipple snout... melted the FRPP/Whipple decals right off the side of the SC... thoroughly melted my new unmeltable super duper Hawk HP+ brake pads... ya, that about covers the short version. Did I mention it was hot? Did someone ELSE mention something about eventually needing to upgrade heat exchangers? Ya, winter project, here we come...

Anyway, thanks to fellow TS member, I've got a new(ish) Thump RRR HD tensioner coming and 2 new belts from Napa on Tuesday. But here's my first question...

Can anyone with an SGT please tell me the clearance between outer back edge of their crank pulley and the engine cover? When my belt shredded (not completely, but almost), it was obviously jumping ribs since the clean edge was 4 ribs in and the shredded edge was up against the back of the pulley. But oddly, the crank pulley was one rib off all the other pulleys. I just want to know the clearance of a crank pulley of an SGT, preferably never modified, so I can be assured that my crank pulley is fully bedded and not off by a mm or 2. I did have some trouble reinstalling it before the Whipple install and now I'm wonderin' if it made it all the way back on... OR if I have nothing to worry about and the crank pulley just didn't jump that last rib by the time I saw it.

Thanks in advance.

I can measure this tomorrow pretty easy, I have a SGT motor (never modified) out of the car and on a stand

Not sure what cooling mods you already have, but Raven Racing twin fan heat exchanger and radiator might be a good idea.

Andrew

• 2 weeks later...