TEAM SHELBY FORUM

Undercarage Bar Code Tags

mviz07shelby

I own a '07 Shelby GT500. I purchased the car new & have been putting off removing the bar code tags underneath the car for too long. The car has never been wet and so far all of the tags are in good condition. I would like to remove each one and include a photograph of the tag and its location, including factory marks. Have any of you done this and if so, can you offer any advise?

Thanks,

Marty

Would be kinda kool if in 25 years from now the bar code tags ( a system that will be outdated by then) are still there.

I agree. Only one problem...It would have to be put to sleep and I enjoy driving it too much.

Trust me, in 25 years these will all be available as reproductions. You can find virtually all vintage labels and tags now as reproductions. The record keeping is a lot better now than 40 years ago so I'm sure these reproductions labels will all be available in 25 years or so. Not worth obsessing over now but good idea to photo document them now.

First thing I did on the KR was photpgraph in detail every tag,label and marking on the car. Date stamps on wheels,SAI parts installed, etc were also photographed. I took a close up detail photo and a reference location photo of everything so in 40 years my boys can restore it to original condition.

I appreciate your comments & I agree, its only a matter of time before reproductions of all components including labels/tags flood the market. However, nothing beats born with factory originals. It will be interesting to see how bar codes are reproduced. I am guessing they are parts/components specific. So it shouldn't be that difficult.

I am going to try using a hair dryer to see if this will soften the adhesive. I was hoping someone had already tried it.

Thanks for the advise concerning other parts/components #'s, inspection marks, etc. Everything on top has been logged/photographed (at least those items I can see) and now I guess its time to take care of the bottom.

BTW...I am obviously new here and not up to speed navigating this site. Has there been discussions concerning the cancer issues(rust) in the rear. It started showing up within a few month's after bringing the car home. If there is, please post a link to the thread/threads.

Much appreciated!

Archived